1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Still trying to play 'Catch up!'

Great thread, 453.

That's what I enjoy about modelling dioramas. If summat ain't lookin' right, not being afraid to alter things - No matter how radical!

All looking good. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John. I’m sorry I never was a fern fan but they look good
Lee, that photo was to show Mike it wasn't these, when we were on the phone and I told him I was doing some ferns, he thought I meant those.

Still trying to play 'Catch up!'

Great thread, 453.

That's what I enjoy about modelling dioramas. If summat ain't lookin' right, not being afraid to alter things - No matter how radical!

All looking good. :thumb2:

I trust 570 the early release has come through then !

Yes I looked at it and thought NO, your for the hammer. Now waiting for the ferns to soak and then dry. Loads to do, should be ready by 2025 ! :smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:

453 Bed 6 Block 4.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Looks the dogs to me mate. I need to make up some more ferns soon.

Reactions: JR

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The bunker is looking good John, one small criticism, there's a wheel 'floating' on the KV, a bump on the groundwork required!
Ferns for fir trees, there's an idea.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Over this side of the country we have had more than our fair share of rain. Sounds like the same for you.
Good call on the changing of the bunker. As Ron says it's good to go for a change of you're not happy.
Always interested in your "fern" adventures.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Looks the dogs to me mate. I need to make up some more ferns soon.
Cheers Paul, glad you liked my "mad " look photo that my daughter posted !
I brought 3 ferns, still very much alive.live happily in the kitchen. Take it you're are still going as well ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The bunker is looking good John, one small criticism, there's a wheel 'floating' on the KV, a bump on the groundwork required!
Ferns for fir trees, there's an idea.
Hi Graeme, cheers, the KV is not fixed yet, just put it on for the photo .
Very nice John usual quality build!
Thank you Bob. What no abuse about 4 BO ?:smiling:

Hi John
Over this side of the country we have had more than our fair share of rain. Sounds like the same for you.
Good call on the changing of the bunker. As Ron says it's good to go for a change of you're not happy.
Always interested in your "fern" adventures.
Jim
Hi Jim, thanks for looking in .Think you probably have had more, we did need it, but now it's becoming a bit annoying garden wise .
Yes enjoy the ferns , trying a new way as keeping them both flat and untwisted . Let's hope it works.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all.
Back with a slight update on the ferns. Normally I would take them out, rinse , dry and then press.This time however I thought another way might be interesting.

In removing these very light and easily twisted up I decided to scoop them up out of the water by sliding either a fresh sheet of kitchen roll or the wet greaseproof paper underneath them while they floated .Putting the tray of divided ferns in the sink I ran clean water through until there was very little trace of any green.

2020.jpg
2020_3.jpg

Then sliding the sheet under I lifted the fern section out allowing the water to drain leaving them untwisted.
Once removed they were left outside under cover to air dry.

2020_2.jpg2020_4.jpg2020_5.jpg

2020_6.jpg

Still wet in parts.

2020_7.jpg

Surprisingly the paper dried very quickly. I took the fern inside and left them to dry fully in the house overnight.This morning they were all fully dry and didn't even need pressing.
Next will be the cutting to size and stacking between kitchen roll in layers until I'm ready to start the assembly.

Stems are painted and the figures have been primed . Gardening first thing tomorrow then should get some more done.

Thanks for looking in, comments always welcome.

Dzhon.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Evening all.
Back with a slight update on the ferns. Normally I would take them out, rinse , dry and then press.This time however I thought another way might be interesting.

In removing these very light and easily twisted up I decided to scoop them up out of the water by sliding either a fresh sheet of kitchen roll or the wet greaseproof paper underneath them while they floated .Putting the tray of divided ferns in the sink I ran clean water through until there was very little trace of any green.

View attachment 423591
View attachment 423592

Then sliding the sheet under I lifted the fern section out allowing the water to drain leaving them untwisted.
Once removed they were left outside under cover to air dry.

View attachment 423593View attachment 423594View attachment 423595

View attachment 423596

Still wet in parts.

View attachment 423597

Surprisingly the paper dried very quickly. I took the fern inside and left them to dry fully in the house overnight.This morning they were all fully dry and didn't even need pressing.
Next will be the cutting to size and stacking between kitchen roll in layers until I'm ready to start the assembly.

Stems are painted and the figures have been primed . Gardening first thing tomorrow then should get some more done.

Thanks for looking in, comments always welcome.

Dzhon.
Now i know who bought all the paper towels before lock down:thinking:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Mr. Race nice updates it’s that time of year again when Gardening comes before Models.

• Love
Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just recently, gardening has been 'off' around here, too wet. So been doing 'other stuff' while waiting for the mini drill chuck to arrive.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Now i know who bought all the paper towels before lock down:thinking:
Who me never ;)

Mr. Race nice updates it’s that time of year again when Gardening comes before Models.

It does indeed Lee, thank you.

Just recently, gardening has been 'off' around here, too wet. So been doing 'other stuff' while waiting for the mini drill chuck to arrive.
Gerry I know what you mean, ducking back into the greenhouse or shed has been a way of life recently. Went on my gardening job this morning and managed to cut a very large lawn just before it poured down . Now sunny and I'm under management instructions to clean out a another shed under the carport.