1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's why he has to now live in the shed - living room full of bog rolls....

Never a truer word said.:smiling2: I'll ring you Thursday after delivery Mike.

Hi Mate sorry to hijack the thread but I saw some of these advertised with other types of vegitation. What do you think of them?

No problem Paul, look a bit strange to me, very equal branches and leaf pattern. I'd like to see some made up .
Hi John
Ferns look nice and flat so seems your plan was a good'un.
Jim
Evening Jim, yes very pleased, a real time saver. Hopefully tomorrow I can start work on the assembly.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
453, I thought the same - Strange and too uniform.

Give me the real things anytime. Either grown with loving care and attention by your good self, or like me, a**e up in a dried up ditch, picking things!

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry

Give me the real things anytime. Either grown with loving care and attention by your good self, or like me, a**e up in a dried up ditch, picking things!

Completely agree - to me, artificial vegetation is too 'uniform' - even full size things just don't look right - nature is random (within its limits) even in a plantation, you don't get 2 trees identical, on a bush leaves are different sizes.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Evening 570
Does this remind you of anyone .
1621457572337.png
570 filmed collecting vegetation !
Completely agree - to me, artificial vegetation is too 'uniform' - even full size things just don't look right - nature is random (within its limits) even in a plantation, you don't get 2 trees identical, on a bush leaves are different sizes.
Have to agree, but would like to see them made up Gerry .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Brilliant! That has to be the ultimate scarecrow. you can just see a broom stick poking out of the trousers. However.......

In truth, 453 has stolen those photos from our local news letter.
They show me failing to negotiate the village pond after a most excellent evening sampling my mate's home brewed beer!

075 :upside:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice one JR......570 looked the part in the ditch!! Where do you find these more than appropriate pics of crazy people doing even crazier things?? :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: :tongue-out3: :thumb2: Rick H.
Working closely with the local newspapers can result in many a good photo Rick :smiling3:
To be honest being a nerd many happy hrs can be spent looking for suitable photos from the never ending web !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As rain has curtailed most gardening outside jobs I've been preparing another batch of ferns. These are now in the container and will be there for 3/ 4 days.

Meanwhile I managed to get the first of the trees started, still needs a few tweeks, but looking ok. A slow job, drilling the series of .5 mm holes around the trunk. Quicker now I have the electric drill, and only broken 1 drill bit so far. I dab of CA seems to be the only way of fixing, anyone have a better glueing method please shout out.

2020_3.jpg

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
As rain has curtailed most gardening outside jobs I've been preparing another batch of ferns. These are now in the container and will be there for 3/ 4 days.

Meanwhile I managed to get the first of the trees started, still needs a few tweeks, but looking ok. A slow job, drilling the series of .5 mm holes around the trunk. Quicker now I have the electric drill, and only broken 1 drill bit so far. I dab of CA seems to be the only way of fixing, anyone have a better glueing method please shout out.

View attachment 424074
Been intrigued by your process with these ferns, can see how good there going to look, I'm quessing the soaking process was to preserve them.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Been intrigued by your process with these ferns, can see how good there going to look, I'm quessing the soaking process was to preserve them.
Hi Mark, yes it is. You don't need a long soak in the glycerine as I have done in the past as these parts are very thin and being freshly cut take up the liquid very quickly .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Give me about 10 years and I'll be up to speed. :smiling:
Shouldn't take you that long Mark, I only returned to modeling 5/6 years ago.

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Shouldn't take you that long Mark, I only returned to modeling 5/6 years ago.
For me, a couple of years, my first bout as a kid doesn't really count,they never got paint, stuck the decals to my fingers along with half the parts and ended up with white windows and chrome,didn't know about canopy glue! :tears-of-joy: don't think I even had tweezers and cut parts off the sprue with scissors lol.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
For me, a couple of years, my first bout as a kid doesn't really count,they never got paint, stuck the decals to my fingers along with half the parts and ended up with white windows and chrome,didn't know about canopy glue! :tears-of-joy: don't think I even had tweezers and cut parts off the sprue with scissors lol.
Didn't we all at the start? :thinking: :smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Done nothing over the weekend really, seem to have lost interest.:cold-sweat:
I've a load of ferms in glycerine, they need another couple of days. Other than that just can't seem to find the interest in sitting down and painting up the base rocks. The trees will have to wait for the new stock.