1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Afternoon John,
Think the additional coat of whitewash looks good and was a good call :thumb2:

Ive only ever done whitewash once or twice and found it a bit of rollercoaster too!
One minute your happy with the outcome, then you add a little more and its seems too much :tired:.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It happens in the warmer weather but if you buy some of those Step Ones that are advertised on the telly all will be fine :tongue-out3:
Jim
Sorry Jim, I don't get any of this
Afternoon John,
Think the additional coat of whitewash looks good and was a good call :thumb2:

Ive only ever done whitewash once or twice and found it a bit of rollercoaster too!
One minute your happy with the outcome, then you add a little more and its seems too much :tired:.
Thanks Si, that is indeed the case.

Very nice looking KV John, the whitewash has come out pretty good:thumb2:
Hi Fernando , thanks for looking in, this is somewhat easier than running up and down those steps ;)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Are you kidding Neil?.........I watched the entire series when it was on the TV and it was instantly one of my Favs........Then I invested in the Boxed set of DVD's cause I missed it so much when it went off the air. Still watch them today, as they are just as hilarious now as they were then. :smiling3: Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
How's this coming along - or is the garden taking precedence?

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think JR is lost in Plantland and can't find the way home.......he should have put on his Ruby Slippers......
I'll get my coat...... :tongue-out3: ;)

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sorry John. Rather silly humour. Rick commented about "pink crevices". The Step One advert is for men's underwear which is guaranteed to prevent chafing around the gentleman bits. Pink crevices = chafing underwear :rolling:
I'll get my coat and behave better :smiling2:
Oh I get it now, thanks Jim, I was rather lost there.

How's this coming along - or is the garden taking precedence?

Hi Jerry, been as Rick has said into planting the garden.

I think JR is lost in Plantland and can't find the way home.......he should have put on his Ruby Slippers......
I'll get my coat...... :tongue-out3: ;)

Rick , hi buddy," I'm here"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Right back in the world of plastic and foam board. I've looked in from time to time just to check that there was no rioting and members of the Rabble were indeed being good.

Modelling wise I removed the bunker, two things I didn't like, one the colour and two the style. Looking at the web brought up very few details of construction about Finish Bunkers so I turned to Y tube.
Found several videos that were most helpful, so that where we are.

2020CH.jpg
With the size limitation you can't get the whole of a Finish style bunker in, so taking the important part of the gun emplacement as the key.I then decided that being low on the ground was not any good, so built up the base. This will be rock.
The Finns must have put a lot of effort into these places, all built with concrete, steel and blast proof doors. Miles of anti tank , not steel but buried stones , and they were massive.

2020_2SD.jpg

2020_3.jpg

I'm planning on doing the base as late winter/ early spring, so still some snow, mud and cold. This way It won't be all snow, some ground showing. Next I've got the soak some ferns in glycerin for the trees. This time a green food coloring will be used, as some of the previous ones that didn't have it have lost the colour.

Thanks for looking in, comments and abuse gladly received from certain quarters !

Dzhon.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice update John.

Looking the new bunker better. Not that at the time I thought there was anything wrong with the old one.

ATB.

Andrew

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Rain most of day just when I was going to plant out some sweet peas, damn.
Instead I decided to prepare some fern leaves.

I store the old glycerin mix and just heat it up in the mw for 30 sec. This time added some more food colouring.

Once the ferns were cut I prepared the trays with a layer of paper in the bottom, then between each layer of fern cuttings another sheet of greaseproof paper .

This is to stop the mixing up of leaves, once that has happened they are so hard to untangle, hopefully this way will make it easier.

Gravel from the greenhouse plastic bags to hold down the paper.

2020.jpg

Other food colourings are available from all good supermarkets.

2020_2.jpg

2020_3.jpg

2020_4.jpg

Waiting for paper to hold it down above.

2020_5.jpg

2020_6.jpg

Finished and back in cave, will probably give them a few days as they are very fine. Then the wash in water to remove the surplus glycerine followed by pressing in paper between some heavy book for a week.
Sure I can find something to do in the meanwhile.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
dzhon.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice update John.

Looking the new bunker better. Not that at the time I thought there was anything wrong with the old one.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, think it was the colour that put me off, then it just changed entirely.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Hi JR. great progress with the bunker and as usual the trees will be the bomb. Cheers. Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
He's Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!! Hi JR. great progress with the bunker and as usual the trees will be the bomb. Cheers. Rick H.
Yes indeed, thanks. Rick, rain forecast for much of next week, think it will end up being shower dodging and the bench.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Rain most of day just when I was going to plant out some sweet peas, damn.
Instead I decided to prepare some fern leaves.

I store the old glycerin mix and just heat it up in the mw for 30 sec. This time added some more food colouring.

Once the ferns were cut I prepared the trays with a layer of paper in the bottom, then between each layer of fern cuttings another sheet of greaseproof paper .

This is to stop the mixing up of leaves, once that has happened they are so hard to untangle, hopefully this way will make it easier.

Gravel from the greenhouse plastic bags to hold down the paper.

View attachment 423054

Other food colourings are available from all good supermarkets.

View attachment 423055

View attachment 423056

View attachment 423057

Waiting for paper to hold it down above.

View attachment 423058

View attachment 423059

Finished and back in cave, will probably give them a few days as they are very fine. Then the wash in water to remove the surplus glycerine followed by pressing in paper between some heavy book for a week.
Sure I can find something to do in the meanwhile.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome.
dzhon.
Ahhhh! ferns - got it.
Mike.

• Haha