1/35 KV-2 BUNKER BUSTER BY TRUMPETER

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
The handrails and mesh look very good mate.
Thanks Paul, those handles were too wide to do in my cheap Trumpeter jigs so tried the normal aluminium one, and each time the wire twisted /bent on the width, heat maybe ?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening from a sunny Race Towers.
Of course as can be expected much gardening has been taking place here at Short Meadows. This morning however I decided to rewash the kit, last time after a proper wash it still showed signs of grease spots, a few nasty fish eyes appeared after a spray of primer. Once washed it sat in the sun all morning till it was dry.

2020.jpg

Feeling a bout of craving for 4BO I proceeded to repaint the cover for the filtration unit to the pond, Bird table and a plant trough.

2020_2.jpg

Now feeling so much better:nerd::smiling3: !
I believe a certain StuG lover has the same feeling when using Panser Grey !:smiling3::thumb2:

Thanks for looking in, I know its not been exciting recently.
Comments and even abuse welcome.

Dzhon.

Last edited:

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Of course as can be expected much gardening has been taking place here at Short Meadows. This morning however I decided to rewash the kit, last time after a proper wash it still showed signs of grease spots, a few nasty fish eyes appeared after a spray of primer. Once washed it sat in the sun all morning till it was dry.

View attachment 419031

Feeling a bout of craving for 4BO I proceeded to repaint the cover for the filtration unit to the pond, Bird table and a plant trough.

View attachment 419032

I believe a certain StuG lover has the same feeling when using Pansner Grey !:smiling3::thumb2:

Dzhon.
Oh yes mr russki, even my Alfa is grey, true!!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Have you tried using lighter fluid to 'wash' the model prior to painting. Just pour out a little into a small container and brush/gently scrub it all over the model with an old brush. It evaporates almost immediately so you can paint straight away.

Knowing your 'love of fire' I was hesitant to give you this tip but you do live on the other side of the country to me so I should be safe :tongue-out3:

Jim

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Have you tried using lighter fluid to 'wash' the model prior to painting. Just pour out a little into a small container and brush/gently scrub it all over the model with an old brush. It evaporates almost immediately so you can paint straight away.

Knowing your 'love of fire' I was hesitant to give you this tip but you do live on the other side of the country to me so I should be safe :tongue-out3:

Jim
Well Jim that's an idea, I used warm water and washing up liquid the first time followed by a spray of isopol, this time is was a kitchen degreaser.
As we have had one Daughter and Granddaughter call in I'm yet to see the results.
However I would think that the temptation with lighter fluid may be too much, but am willing to obtain a can to see.
Furthermore to your suggestion I do feel It's aimed at me setting fire to the bench and thus having to be tidy, therefore think this a very unfair suggestion.:smiling3:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR, you know that lighter fluid is a controlled substance....and you being an abuser of such products has landed you on the "NO FLY" list of combustible materials.....without Matron's approval, of course. ;) :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR, you know that lighter fluid is a controlled substance....and you being an abuser of such products has landed you on the "NO FLY" list of combustible materials.....without Matron's approval, of course. ;) :tongue-out3::tongue-out2::tongue-out: Rick H.
Rick, I knew It, there's always always Matron to think about. Don't say a word.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The KV2 is getting there with nice details John, just resist the temptation to use fire on this dio!

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando

View attachment 419031

View attachment 419032

I believe a certain StuG lover has the same feeling when using Panser Grey !:smiling3::thumb2:

Dzhon.
Your wife must be very kind to let you paint them in your favourite colour, or are they repainted already?:tongue-out3:

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
The KV2 is getting there with nice details John, just resist the temptation to use fire on this dio!
Thanks, I will try not too Graeme !

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your wife must be very kind to let you paint them in your favourite colour, or are they repainted already?:tongue-out3:
Fernando its strange, this tin of garden stain is a near as can be to 4BO. We've been using it for years, well before I returned to modelling. It was Peter Day who showed a green shed and then I realised it was near enough the same colour as 4BO.Not so keen on having the duvet.:smiling2:
1617646720319.png

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Fernando its strange, this tin of garden stain is a near as can be to 4BO. We've been using it for years, well before I returned to modelling. It was Peter Day who showed a green shed and then I realised it was near enough the same colour as 4BO.Not so keen on having the duvet.:smiling2:
View attachment 419233
Lucky man, seems you’re destined to build Russian tanks :thumb2:

The duvet takes it too far mate, unless you are eight again:tears-of-joy:

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Again no modelling today, Management and I are going to the garden center this afternoon !
First time we've actually gone out to one for over a year.
No doubt much spending will occur, the car will be full to the brim.
Oh happy days.
Bye for now .