John
1616240856194.png
Never knew there were that many types ! :surprised::nerd:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I make that ten types and ten repeats John.......but I’m a sad and lonely rivet counter...... :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Must admit that in the past, I've used cotton to tie the tracks into position for sag and lift - though that was mainly on the 1/72 scale

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I make that ten types and ten repeats John.......but I’m a sad and lonely rivet counter...... :tongue-out3: :tongue-out3:
Tim there's wavey and straight, no tear, plain, pointed and lipped, please try to pay attention at such an important matter:smiling::smiling::nerd:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Must admit that in the past, I've used cotton to tie the tracks into position for sag and lift - though that was mainly on the 1/72 scale
That's a good idea Gerry, mind imagine me trying to tie some cotton on a track would end up with me on the floor fighting the track and smashing the model.:smiling3:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yep, depending on what you're using them for (and there's probably many more in different materials ;) )
I can see a nerd being born here
:smiling3:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
I can see a nerd being born here
:smiling3:
No, just that I've had to use them for many years - and you soon find out the ones not to use on thin paper, those that will hold a thick load manifest, etc. etc.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
No, just that I've had to use them for many years - and you soon find out the ones not to use on thin paper, those that will hold a thick load manifest, etc. etc.
Gerry I had my eye on them for doing those tracks, so would be the thicker type, apparently up too 1.6mm !

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
That's a good idea Gerry, mind imagine me trying to tie some cotton on a track would end up with me on the floor fighting the track and smashing the model.:smiling3:
Isn't too difficult - if you feed the cotton round the axle first, then out through the track, you can tie off on the outside & hide either under the track, or with weathering. ;)

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Isn't too difficult - if you feed the cotton round the axle first, then out through the track, you can tie off on the outside & hide either under the track, or with weathering. ;)
You bet !!:smiling:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Tim there's wavey and straight, no tear, plain, pointed and lipped, please try to pay attention at such an important matter:smiling::smiling::nerd:
Yes, but those in the bottom row are repeated in the other rows....they’ve just given them different names LOL......

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
You might want to try this one mate

18k Gold Paper Clip Bookmark
Quantity 1
$1,500
Description & Details
Tiffany artisans transform utilitarian items into handcrafted works of art. An oversized paper clip is reimagined in 18k gold as a whimsical bookmark.
18k gold
2.5" long
Available at Tiffany.com, the New York flagship and select Tiffany stores

download.png

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't forget they're available in brass too - for archival purposes.
Pete
And in plastic and plastic coated ;)
You might want to try this one mate

18k Gold Paper Clip Bookmark
Quantity 1
$1,500
Description & Details
Tiffany artisans transform utilitarian items into handcrafted works of art. An oversized paper clip is reimagined in 18k gold as a whimsical bookmark.
18k gold
2.5" long
Available at Tiffany.com, the New York flagship and select Tiffany stores

View attachment 417479
Stevie, how are you my friend? Did you forget to roll down the window in the Plymouth while running the motor again??? Thought so.....

BTW Dzhon, we are almost out of beer!!!!!!

Prost
Allen
Greetings all , good to see old members of the rabble and a new member making an appearance. If there's one thing about this forum it brings out the nerds in us, there's nothing like some banter to lighten the day.

Dude1 please consult with Mr Rivet Jones, he was last in charge of liquid refreshments, alcohol and other wise. Contact Mr Si Benson for inquiries re food.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Gerry,
I have used the same technique especially on German armour where they can be hidden behind the road wheels.