1/35 MINI-ART Ya - 12 SOVIET ARTILLERY TRACTOR. 35052

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Any one please have any photos of the engine or show me where they are so I can add the full pipes etc. Looked on the net and all I can see is loads of Trucks :cold-sweat:

Thanks

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That's going by the "numbers" JR. :nerd: ...........can't help with engine detail shots...I suspect if you search 4 cyl. GMC engines it should come up in images....one would think:thinking:.....good hunting:thumb2: Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Any one please have any photos of the engine or show me where they are so I can add the full pipes etc. Looked on the net and all I can see is loads of Trucks :cold-sweat:

Thanks

As I am sure you are aware it is a GMC 7-41 four cylinder, two stroke engine of 110 hp engine. Reading other peoples build blogs they have been unsuccessful in finding detailed photos of the engine. Hopefully our friends across the pond may be able to help

3fb8ab4ee3e2d3bfa182ead6aa974f84_139048.jpg

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
John,
Just caught up on your build, and in full admiration. You can now get your pointy shoes on and hit the town....
Mike.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
I can see you're going to go to town on this engine. Looking forward to all the plumbing.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
All looking very nice mate.
John,
All looking very nice mate.
Cheers Paul .
That's going by the "numbers" JR. :nerd: ...........can't help with engine detail shots...I suspect if you search 4 cyl. GMC engines it should come up in images....one would think:thinking:.....good hunting:thumb2: Rick H.
Most confusing Rick , but think Paul has found the right thing.
You are doing a great job there John, keep it coming.

Andy.
Thanks mate, actually going well at the moment .

As I am sure you are aware it is a GMC 7-41 four cylinder, two stroke engine of 110 hp engine. Reading other peoples build blogs they have been unsuccessful in finding detailed photos of the engine. Hopefully our friends across the pond may be able to help

View attachment 427115
Steve, I'm relieved to read what you say about other people not finding them either.

U-tube video 'Detroit Diesel test run' has clear 360 degree views of GMC 4-71 2cycle 4 cylinder engine.
Thanks Paul, will do :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::nerd:.
John,
Just caught up on your build, and in full admiration. You can now get your pointy shoes on and hit the town....
Mike.
Thank you oh Wise One, do you mean these shoes
1624567834143.png
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
This one?

Look right to the kit engine, when I've finished fitting the engine in I can start to plumb it .
Hi John
I can see you're going to go to town on this engine. Looking forward to all the plumbing.
Jim
Yes Jim , it's so detailed it's just calling for some extras.That video is going to be really helpful that Paul has found. Will be spending some time looking at it , most likely in pause and 1/2 speed :smiling2:

Hey John this is me driving one of these Detroit’s but it’s a 8v/71 this is my brothers truck I was raised on these engines and worked on several of them as well as drove them.
It's a great video Lee, I've got it in my watched list. Love the sound.

A big thanks to Paul for the recommendation and to Jakko for finding it. Will be fun doing the detailing.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice build so far John,sorry so late in on this one i do have this monster as well ,still waiting

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
nice build so far John,sorry so late in on this one i do have this monster as well ,still waiting
Hi Moni welcome, hope your ok down there in Aus. Still a long way to go, so you've not missed much.:smiling3:

Lol, well I had to google Binky....

Hi Ron, I still have no idea , even after looking at Google !

Looks super, John !

Thanks Ron.

Got my eye you:nerd: :thumb2:
Welcome Dave, getting a bit tricky this morning, as the photos will show !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It would be easier if the instructions were slightly clearer, just having a couple of arrows pointing down as in thew photo is not very clear.
2021.jpg
Part no A13 X2 has 3 small pins, well blobs more like. You don't apply glue to the mount its self to the engine, so it can angle. If they are left flat on the torsion bar frame the fan belt rests on the front frame. Decided to fit the exhaust pipe as the mounting brackets should set the hight of the engine. Well they don't , at this point trying to line up the engine was pointless, so I glued the prop shaft in place. This has to be straight with the rear transfer so using this as a reference point I glued the whole lot into place. In fighting with the frame I've lost the bottom hose sections , 2 of them. Soon made a replacement from stretched sprue. This can wait until the engine is fully detailed and painted. Not going to fit the rad at this point either , because of the painting.

2021_2.jpg
Yes well and truly wrangled into place. The exhaust pipe mounting at the front is about 3mm up Any lower and the engine would fowl on thew front x bar.
Now going to start the detailing of the engine.

Dzhon.