1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

D

Deleted member 7181

Good news about the jab John. My in laws that are both quite infirm also had no ill effect, but my brother and sister in law who are both fit as a fiddle (and key health workers) were quite ill after theirs. There's just no rhyme or reason to this virus!

Loving the distressing of the timber!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Man...those shavings look just right for some combustion...sorry John , just reasing. :smiling6:

Rough timber looks like it should in scale:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Totally missed this one JR. A terrific idea which is coming along really well. I shall sit in the corner and pay more attention. Keep it comin my friend

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John great progress.
Thanks for looking in Lee, stay focused buddy, the mojo will return soon .Take things easy.

Good news about the jab John. My in laws that are both quite infirm also had no ill effect, but my brother and sister in law who are both fit as a fiddle (and key health workers) were quite ill after theirs. There's just no rhyme or reason to this virus!

Loving the distressing of the timber!

Thanks Andy, No strange how some people are effected, and others not .

Man...those shavings look just right for some combustion...sorry John , just reasing. :smiling6:

Rough timber looks like it should in scale:thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Yes Richard I was very aware of the fire risk, but managed to resist the temptation. Timbers are quite easy being Balsa, a mask is definitely required as the fine dust is nasty.

Totally missed this one JR. A terrific idea which is coming along really well. I shall sit in the corner and pay more attention. Keep it comin my friend
Yes please do Mr Jones, other wise Will launch her inflatable and come and see you !

To paraphrase pink Floyd
" Careful With That Scalpel,John!"
Ha the scaple, yes, but managed to jab the skin above the finger nail with the balsa cutter !:tired::face-with-head-bandage::fearful:

Dzhon

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You're very at home with woodworking :thumb2:
1612616674649.png

Be very careful to brush that lot off before heading for the toilet. Sharp shaving could seriously damage you gentleman bits - ouch!!
Jim

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good bit of whittl'ns there JR..........you have been a busy boy. I was looking at your Rooskie dinner mates on page one and happened to notice that the manufacturer failed to include a Concertina player.....I suspect the lads would appreciate a little music with their "Grindings"......late morning musings :thinking:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
You're very at home with woodworking :thumb2:
View attachment 413209

Be very careful to brush that lot off before heading for the toilet. Sharp shaving could seriously damage you gentleman bits - ouch!!
Jim
Jim I got into enough trouble carrying half of it into the kitchen on my jeans
, that was a danger in its self !

Damn
Good bit of whittl'ns there JR..........you have been a busy boy. I was looking at your Rooskie dinner mates on page one and happened to notice that the manufacturer failed to include a Concertina player.....I suspect the lads would appreciate a little music with their "Grindings"......late morning musings :thinking:
thsts a good idea

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Though I'd posted the above reply the other day !

Had several good days in the cave building the bunker box. Much stranger than doing a normal diorama. Constant assembly of the sides to check and re check heights.

This where I've got to.

2020_3.jpg
Important to glue using weights, the matal bar is holding down glued section, while the others have been lined up to see how many are needed.

2020_4.jpg
Same internal frame again after the section had been cut to size and glued.

2020_4_2we.jpg2020_4_2we.jpg
The back left hand side won't be seen so couldn't see the point of building the walls up in there.

2020_5.jpg
Low shot, bit of a gap on the left hand side, some filler in there I think.

2020_6.jpg
At this point I was seeing where trimming needed to be done to get the roof to fir tightly.

2020_7.jpg

Under those weights are the first 2 uprights on the left hand side.

2020_8.jpg2020_8.jpg

Close up .

2020_9.jpg

The right hand side with the upright marking on, being check by Ivan.

2020_10.jpg
Back to the left, upright dried , now the door built up and glued in. Trimming to be done later, when the bottom line has fully glued.

2020_12.jpg
This is the rear center wall, to hide the foamboard I've glued and pinned some very thin section of Balsa. Always worth keeping any off cuts over 60mm !

That's all for to day, left some part gluing up over night in the warm cave.

Comments welcome. Thanks for looking in.

Stalingrad Building Company.
Bunkers our speciality. :nerd:

Attachments

• 2020_11.jpg
    2020_11.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 4

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Already looking good. You're in your element with dios and woodworking.
Jim

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
Already looking good. You're in your element with dios and woodworking.
Jim
Very kind of you to sat Jim, really feel at ease building these type of things as some idea of what i'm doing. Don't quite feel that with some kits.

Excellent stuff John.
Cheers Andy, hope some of it helps when you take the plunge in to foam board:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Best watch your step JR, there's a rumor going around that Matron's tweezers have jaws :tongue-out2: Nice bit of "Logging" there....one gets the impression you've done this before.....;)
Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Best watch your step JR, there's a rumor going around that Matron's tweezers have jaws :tongue-out2: Nice bit of "Logging" there....one gets the impression you've done this before.....;)
Rick H.
Thanks buddy. I am Rick, keep a look out on the cave door ! Alarms have been set, pressure sensitive pads installed.