1/35 Scale Shadow box Dinner on the front line from Miniart.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm sure it will John. I'm not far off that point now, just searching for ideas first. By far the hardest part :smiling5:
Start small Andy, look at Pinterest, always a good source when researching.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi John, the wooden log resort cabin looks cosy and solid. Is there a sauna room in there somewhere? :tears-of-joy: Seriously very nice.:thumb2: Woodworking is your forte so it's like doing this stuff with one eye closed...er I mean figuratively speaking. I wouldn't know how the joints go with wood except hammer and nails.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John, the wooden log resort cabin looks cosy and solid. Is there a sauna room in there somewhere? :tears-of-joy: Seriously very nice.:thumb2: Woodworking is your forte so it's like doing this stuff with one eye closed...er I mean figuratively speaking. I wouldn't know how the joints go with wood except hammer and nails.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
Ha, well In my case it is with one eye closed:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Richard, and thank you .
I find this a lot easier than building models !

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your carpentry skills are coming to the fore with this project. Really enjoying watching this come together. Keep up the great work my friend

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Your carpentry skills are coming to the fore with this project. Really enjoying watching this come together. Keep up the great work my friend
Cheers Steve, painting figures at the moment and the kit.Thanks for looking in.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
John

Apologies, missed by the updates. Looking very good indeed. Well done so far.

Andrew

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
First Name
Andy
Terrific job going on there John, it will be something else when finished..

Andy.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Terrific job going on there John, it will be something else when finished..

Andy.
Thanks Andy, hopefully , still some way to go and the mojo is still high.

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
JR

just found this thread, I used the same group of figures in my previous off to the Russian front dio..this was before they were marketed in this new format. I had to play around a little with the height of the seats in my dio to accommodate the position of the seated figures.. just a little tip in case that comes up in your build.. great looking building so far. Absolutely enjoy watching your dios come to life.

• Love

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
JR

just found this thread, I used the same group of figures in my previous off to the Russian front dio..this was before they were marketed in this new format. I had to play around a little with the height of the seats in my dio to accommodate the position of the seated figures.. just a little tip in case that comes up in your build.. great looking building so far. Absolutely enjoy watching your dios come to life.
Hi Joe, i'd read they had been around before, I must have seen that build, suppose you posted it ?Glad you've found it and thanks for the tip on the seat hight.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good John. Glad the hardwood hasn’t given you splinters :tongue-out3:

• Haha

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Top work 453.

Looking at your excellent work, it's obvious what I used to call 'Miss spent working days sawing up bits of wood' have not been forgotten.

Excellent build.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good John. Glad the hardwood hasn’t given you splinters :tongue-out3:
:smiling2: Thank you Tim. Certainly wouldn't want to make it out of some hardwoods like Iroko ! Evil stuff . Sure 570 would agree.

Top work 453.

Looking at your excellent work, it's obvious what I used to call 'Miss spent working days sawing up bits of wood' have not been forgotten.

Excellent build.
Why thank you my fellow wood butcher, I knew one day it would all come in useful !
Yours.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Splendid building work Mr Race :thumb2:
The log work looking very good already, taking notes :nerd:

• Love

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm waiting to see if one of these Ivans you are painting 453 is bright enough to carve his initials into one of those fine hewn timbers! :thinking: :smiling3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::tongue-out3::cool:
Yours Truly, Patient 358

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Splendid building work Mr Race :thumb2:
The log work looking very good already, taking notes :nerd:
I thank you Si.:smiling3:

I'm waiting to see if one of these Ivans you are painting 453 is bright enough to carve his initials into one of those fine hewn timbers! :thinking: :smiling3::tongue-out2::tongue-out::tongue-out3::cool:
Yours Truly, Patient 358
I wonder if they did Rick, but thinking about it most squaddies would, so I must remember that :nerd:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having a rest from paint small parts of kit and trying to get the uniform colours right, brown , brown , grey and more brown in any combination you can imagine. Russian uniforms were made all over Russian and there was always variation in the colour. I've been using Life colour paints but they seem to have gone light in the bottles compared to the chart on the box, even with much mixing and the vortex as well .So now a mixture of Vallejo's
and Life Colour for the lower ranks.

Started construction of some weapons racks, basic but better than a heap in the corner.

2020_3.jpg

The upper and lower left are not yet fixed, I've also glued up some lower sections than I can notch out to support the butts. Going to be fun putting the straps on I can see :nerd::confused:.

Thanks for looking in, comments welcome .
No doughnuts as all eaten !

Dzhon.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Cannot fault the skill John, lovely :thumb2:

• Love