A Problem on the Ponte Rivetto Contatore...Fusilli, Italy 1944

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
In that case, I'll jump in with a popular model railroad adhesive here in the U.S.A. called "Bullfrog Snot"........stick that in your book! ;)
Rick H.
:smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::smiling2: Rick , thank you. Just about to get up so what a way to start the day singing the " Bullfrog Snot Song "

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Apologies 570 again for interrupting your great build .
Yours 435.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You're right Paul
View attachment 411326

Don't use it myself. I find it too slimey and green.
Don’t think that’s a hair gel. It’s a grip enhancement product used by musicians to keep grip on plectrums and the like. I used to have some, didn’t like it at all though, the grip was too secure so I couldn’t vary the pick attack angle very easily.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I wouldn't worry John. Ron's threads usually wander off into the realms of the ridiculous - that's why they are so enjoyable. Oh and the modelling is pretty good as well :tongue-out3:
Jim
WELL SAID Jim an how true lol an that bridge looks like i could wander over it so real lookin brilliant build
chris

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.
Graeme, there will be both Allied and Axis present......

Using cheap acrylics, I've been first coating a bit of paint to the river and rocks. As it's a mountain town/village, I'm trying for a glacial blue sort of colour to the water.
P1290140.JPG

P1290141.JPG

I tipped the base to a 45 degree angle and quickly ran a big flat headed brush, loaded with watered down paint, horizontally across the 'Lagoon'. This left feint ripple/ wind lines to an otherwise uniform and plain surface.
P1290142.JPG

Quick and relatively straight forward river banks and island made from just polystyrene and household filler. Painted 'Hit and miss' with acrylics. This is just the first coat.
P1290143.JPG

Happy accident, it looks like the water level has been over the prom. and left a bit of mud and junk. Me like!
P1290144.JPG

See how the shades of paint start to bring a bit of movement to the water....
P1290139.JPG

Second coat to come, then that should be it. Perhaps, maybe.....

Cheers,
Ron

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Yet again more great work.

ATB.

Andrew