Airfix OO/HO Class 9F 2-10-0 Steam Locomotive No. 92250. 'Abandoned, but not forgotten'.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Another Ralph gem- Keep 'em coming... :thumb2:

Thanks Kevin, I appreciate your comments.

Yesterday I found this long forgotten Dapol OO/HO railwayman's hut in a bag in my den. So I decided to weather and scruff it up a bit and add it to the model.

Naked nude...
P1280051.JPG

In need of T.L.C.
Cooking foil roof and plastic card notice boards. I scuffed the wooden boards with sandpaper and took a chunk out of the chimney pot with a pair of snips. Then I brush painted it all with suitable Vallejo 'Air' acrylics.
P1280123.JPG

I moved the naff window frame to inside the shed.
P1280092.JPG

P1280094.JPG

P1280095.JPG

Nearly there, thanks for sticking with the build.

Cheers.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Very nice 570, it will be a nice addition to the grand scheme of things.
Rick H.

First Name
Tony
Very nice Ron, those Dapol kits can be made into nice models. I've built their shop, yet their detached house was too badly distorted to straighten and unfortunately had to be binned.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Ron. Nice lineside hut.....or was it a coal office?
I too like the Dapol buildings. They build up well for something that’s older than I am. The church in particular is excellent. I have the garage in the stash.....it will be used as the basis for a Normandy 1944 garage when it does finally get built...
By the way, what happened to the pugs?

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks everyone. All good input.

Observations.....

Dave - That wot apins wen yoo wer sekondri modan heduficaitid.

Tony- Never bin - Bomb n' wreck!

Jim - Excuse me, re-cycling for the good of the environment, if you please... ;)

Tim - Here's the coal office. 'onest mistake, guv'!
P1280169.JPG

...and by a strange coincidence, I too have the church.
P1280167.JPG

The pugs, you mention are still in the 'Pending Pile'
Here's an earlier finished one.
P1280165.JPG

...and the two still patiently waiting in their boxes.
P1280166.JPG

Thanks again for the excellent input chaps... :thumb2:

Ron

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t worry about them being in the pending pile Ron. They were in mine for about forty years so their used to it ;) I only mentioned them because you said something about doing them as wrecks in this style....

First Name
Tony
Those little 0-4-0 saddle tanks look neat, again I must admire your built one. I seem to remember there was an 0-6-0 saddle tank too. Now something of a collectors item as there was a fire at the Dapol factory which destroyed the moulds.

The church looks like it could be a good item to build, I gave thought to buying one of these, upon studying the on-line photographs the ridge tiles seemed 'heavy' and might need some modification - when you open the bag I will be looking!

Tony

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Naw, I first looked it up when I built mine a couple of years ago.....names like the church of St Boniface of Bonchurch tend to stick in the mind.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

Apologies got behind on this and I've just got up. What can I say? other than to repeat the previous comments to say that this is going to look amazing once finished.

The main loco it's absolutely outstanding and it's a real credit to your skills.

Keep up the good work.

All the best.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Nice chat, boys. Keep it coming.

Tim - I had intended to include the pug in with 92250, but I reasoned it would all look a bit crowded and might start to take the eye off the rusty 9F a bit too much.

Tony - Your observations are the same as mine when I first saw the church model. Both the ridge and gable cappings are way too big. I've seen Tim's church picture before - Plenty of scope for weathering and alterations. Incidentally, the Dapol Factory is now at Chirk, N. Wales, which is about 10 miles from my place.

Ralph - :tongue-out3: !

Neil - I agree, but good to know for future reference. ;)

Andrew - Thanks for the excellent comments....just got up? :sleeping: jeez man it's 11.00am!

Cheers chaps.
Ron

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice chat, boys. Keep it coming.

Tim - I had intended to include the pug in with 92250, but I reasoned it would all look a bit crowded and might start to take the eye off the rusty 9F a bit too much.

Tony - Your observations are the same as mine when I first saw the church model. Both the ridge and gable cappings are way too big. I've seen Tim's church picture before - Plenty of scope for weathering and alterations. Incidentally, the Dapol Factory is now at Chirk, N. Wales, which is about 10 miles from my place.

Ralph - :tongue-out3: !

Neil - I agree. ;)

Andrew - Thanks for the excellent comments....just got up? :sleeping: jeez man it's 11.00am!

Cheers chaps.
Ron
#@£!?*"^¥$$ autocorrect. I meant caught up........ Have been up since just after 7 and working since 8:30...