Andrew's 1/72 Tamiya Mosquito Mk XIII

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Andrew :smiling3:
All that painstaking research and experimenting has certainly paid off....... BRING ON THE PRIMER !!
Andy

So sorry and very rude!! Replied to Lee and forgot to reply to you!! VERY rude!!

Thanks as always for the support. Am hoping to prime tomorrow!

ATB

Andrew

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Lee

I was not overwhelmed in the slightest..... Rather I was genuinely humbled that you took the time to read every post - especially as I do tend to waffle on. So thank you again!!!

ATB.

Andrew
Your so welcome Andrew anytime

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
And so the Modelling Gods spoke to all of creation saying in unison "Let there be primer!!!" and lo did the model become covered in a wonderous coat of paint!! ;)

Ok, so primer is on. It's highlighted a few minor flaws with the build, it needs a touch up in one place and I think the tailplane in particular is very slightly patchy but all in all no complaints. Vallejo black primer was the paint in question.

ATB

Andrew

PS. I used Montex masks for the second time and again they went on well

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Morning all

Apologies for not being around as much as I would have liked recently and so not commenting on your collective efforts but we had a HQ review visit the first half of this week which took a lot of prep work, plus two full days with them but fortunately we got a good rating, so it was worth it.

I have now finished the filling, cleaning up and repriming. There was a bit more than I realised and so took longer than expected, so only got it finished last night.

Any way, next up is the mottling effect. I know how long a 109 took and given this is probably more than twice the size, it's going to take a while.

ATB

Andrew

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andrew,
Apologies mate it's been a while since I looked in. She is looking nice now in her paint.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew,
Apologies mate it's been a while since I looked in. She is looking nice now in her paint.

Thanks Scottie, glad you're liking it.

ATB.

Andrew

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking excellent. A big black mossie. There was one about that size buzzing around my head the other day. One of the joys of living on Aphrodite's Isle.
John.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking excellent. A big black mossie. There was one about that size buzzing around my head the other day. One of the joys of living on Aphrodite's Isle.
John.
Thanks!!

And rather you than me...... Had our honeymoon in NZ and they had some very mossies, certainly much bigger than we see!

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all

Apologies again for not being around as much as I would wish and so not commenting on your collective efforts as much as I would like but work continues to be very busy.

So I managed to get the undercarriage assembled as far I could at our club meeting on Monday evening. Then yesterday afternoon I removed everything from the sprues that goes towards the finished build. It all then got a coat of primer, most of it is black but grey for the spinner, props and oil tanks as they will be painted in lighter colours e.g. yellow prop tips and light grey spinner.

Not a lot to look at but a big step towards the finish line!!

ATB.

Andrew

Last edited:

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Looks like another big step towards the finish line Andrew :thumb2:

The primer on the fuselage looks very smooth.

Geoff.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looks like another big step towards the finish line Andrew :thumb2:

The primer on the fuselage looks very smooth.

Geoff.
Thanks Geoff. Pleased with the primer too. Finally got working with Vallejo sussed!

ATB.

Andrew

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Go Gadget, Go!!! Looking really fine in the black primer Andrew and glad to see you getting some time to play too!!! Work does have a way of stealing one's table time and I'm living proof, even if I'm retired............

Prost
Allen

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Go Gadget, Go!!! Looking really fine in the black primer Andrew and glad to see you getting some time to play too!!! Work does have a way of stealing one's table time and I'm living proof, even if I'm retired............

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen. Glad you're liking it. Work is only going to get busier to be honest but it was good to have a play!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Andrew quit Apologizing we know life gets in the way you’re doing a great job on this bill still trying to keep up with you. Now go take care of business.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew quit Apologizing we know life gets in the way you’re doing a great job on this bill still trying to keep up with you. Now go take care of business.
Consider myself reprimanded Lee!:crying:;)

In all seriousness you have all been so supportive since I joined that I like to try and give something back via my comments!

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Andrew. Just had a catch up. Great progress. Always nice to get the primer on and even nicer when it doesn't show up too many areas needing work. Glad the masks worked. If you've had two out of two happy uses of them then a manufacturer to look out for. Top coat next :thumb2:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew. Just had a catch up. Great progress. Always nice to get the primer on and even nicer when it doesn't show up too many areas needing work. Glad the masks worked. If you've had two out of two happy uses of them then a manufacturer to look out for. Top coat next :thumb2:
Thanks Jim. Actually the mottling base coat next but so glad to get to this point!

Thanks for stopping by.

ATB.

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good evening all

And so an update much sooner that I thought!!

By 9pm last night my better half had been out for over an hour, Junior was in bed as he was feeling tired and Junioress had been picked up from work, had dinner and was in her room.....what is a man supposed to do with himself? I ask you!! ;) :smiling3:

Pre-base coat mottling is the answer of course!

ACW as usual.

ATB

Andrew

EDIT....looking back at the thing in real life the mottling is less solid and more dark than in the photos

Last edited: