boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Such a shame they spoiled her lines with that ugly hangar!
Yes i aggree Steve IN SOME WAYS BUT NOT IN OTHER WAYS but the navy wanted it to do the job of carrying 4 seakings which other crusiers could not do as they had at the time plenty of other ships with guns on but no seaking helo's for A.S.W An some of the boaty guys up NORWICH POND dont like to see the hangar an said it was better with the gun turret on the back but i must admit thats why i chose to build this vershion of tiger as its different an unusual an this vershion in 1/72 maybe the only one in the country as ive seen several 1/96 SCALE vershion but not a 1/72 an it gives more modeling scope to have the hangers all open an with lights an 4 seaking choppers on board
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Greatly admire your work Chris, building from plans would fry my tiny single brain cell. Dragon plans are enough for me lol

The level of assorted skills on show is superb Chris, not just scratching, painting, electrics and electronics, amazing!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Greatly admire your work Chris, building from plans would fry my tiny single brain cell. Dragon plans are enough for me lol

The level of assorted skills on show is superb Chris, not just scratching, painting, electrics and electronics, amazing!!
HI Bob mate hope you are feeling better now an not goin AWOL many thanks for your nice comments an yes those bloomin plans are now gettin a bit frayed so i will soon have to set about tapeing them all up as how many times ive looked at them its a wonder the ink isnt worn out lol an yes Bob there is a heck of a lot of scratching, painting, electrics and electronics, still to do thats why its still 2yrs or more before fineto
CHEERS for looking in on the build
your ow mate chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up again Christopher, some outstanding work, looking fantastic.
hello Ian many thanks for the really nice comments an yes she is looking good but will look a lot better with the front half on but still a bit of more work to do on that section like about another years worth but when i can i'll do a photo shoot with it all jionded up just so all you guys can see what she looks like in all her painted decks an S/S done
Chris

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Looking seriously smart now she has had some decorating! Well done Chris!!!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking seriously smart now she has had some decorating! Well done Chris!!!
CHEERS Jack yes she been in the paint shop the rear halve has an the front sction is still in there but it will be out soon thanks for your nice comments
chris

First Name
Andy
Nice to see a picture of the real thing Chris, as someone who used to build from plans with a pile of balsa wood I feel your pain, but the end result will be worth all the trouble.

Andy.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Nice to see a picture of the real thing Chris, as someone who used to build from plans with a pile of balsa wood I feel your pain, but the end result will be worth all the trouble.

Andy.
AN HI Andy well i thought id put on another pic of the real ship for the 5th time as unless you go through the whole build its imposselble to find this pic an any newbie lookin in would think well he hasnt put on a pic of what he's building but in the pic its hms blake tigers sister ship but they are mainly the same with just a few small differences an yes the plans are a right headacke as they are so big an i need to consult all 6 plans to get all the veiws of what im trying to build an they are now getting a bit tatty so i'll have to get out the selotape an rejion them all but you are right this ship should turn out a cracker an well worthy of bein the last ship of my twylight yrs lol
CHEERS ATB
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Have to agree w/your choice Chris.
HI PaulE SO you also like her with a hangar bay on ? rather than just another gun turret then good on you PaulE But when i looked at the ship when she had a gun turret on the rear she looked just like any others ships of the loads of R/N ships before her so when i see her with a hangar bay on an the weird design of the rear well it was love at first sight lol an i could'nt wait to build her as there is so much scope to make loads of thing work an fit lighting on her well its happening the build is actually happening but as i said at the start that there is so much that can still go wrong so its finger crossed
CHEERS
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Guys done some work on the front section now completed the ankors an chains an capstans an then chains into the lokkers IMG_6458.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An yes both bridges fit ok now ive got to plan on how im goin to fit in lights an a control console with flashing tiny 2mm leds but i dont wan to go into over kill an when thats done then they will be masked up an spray primer grey then top coat grey no 64 an i think it will look geat with the gun turrets on when i make an fit them IMG_6463.JPG