boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

Just had a catch-up. As always fascinating to see what you',re doing. As the others have said, the paint really is helping it come to life.

Simply outstanding as always.

All the best.

Andrew

PS. Do you think this be launched before the year is out?

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

Just had a catch-up. As always fascinating to see what you',re doing. As the others have said, the paint really is helping it come to life.

Simply outstanding as always.

All the best.

Andrew

PS. Do you think this be launched before the year is out?

ATB

Andrew

HI Andrew cheers for havin a lookin as yes there is quite a lot now happening on her with all the painting an such but all the eletrics still to come an that will be a right head scratcher an then ive got to fit an paint white over 400 railing an all the bollards an fair leads to be fitted an the main crane to still be built an both bridges with lights an still more to come so launched before the year is out im sorry no maybe in about 2 yrs time then when she launched then it will be R/C testing time to see how it all operates
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
She is really coming together now. I'm glad I don't have to run up and down those steps mate.
AN HI Scottie yes she's on the way to getting finished an yes im pleased but at the moment ive got to fit another eletric 9 pin D connector in the flight deck so the SEAKING helicopter AN FLIGHT DECK LIGHTS will all get eletric but this plug is provein very arward to fit as it under the flight deck so cant see it an ive been pondering how im gonna fit this in place an the only way to see to fit it will be useing jens compact mirror so when i fit it i'll have to work upside down an back to front Aaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh an yes Scottie them steps look killers it would give me a conary just tryin to get to the top of them big steps so them sailors must be fit but thats how they were on the real ship
cheers Scottie for stoppin
chris

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff…haven’t seen much of her recently so it’s good to see progress again.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris there is nothing worse than putting something " safe " and then not remembering where you put it. The only thing that I do is write on the front of the box what's in it and put it where I can see it. The last place is to put it out of sight in a cuboard, you will only find that weeks later when you have bought it again .
Ask me how I know ? I now have two sheets of Pewter and two sets of liners for a wet palette ! :cool:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Excellent stuff…haven’t seen much of her recently so it’s good to see progress again.
HI Tim well ive not shown all the hulls an such as ive been working on small but nessasary things but you will start to see more of her now as im on them but like everything it all takes time
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris there is nothing worse than putting something " safe " and then not remembering where you put it. The only thing that I do is write on the front of the box what's in it and put it where I can see it. The last place is to put it out of sight in a cuboard, you will only find that weeks later when you have bought it again .
Ask me how I know ? I now have two sheets of Pewter and two sets of liners for a wet palette ! :cool:

WELL John im a silly ole duffer as ive been lookin for them 24v steam unit eletronics for days but as soon as i read your post it hit me as jen said is it in the smoke unit box an ive got two an silly me looked in the wrong one oh boy gettin old but anyway but reading your post i thought well John has given me a boot to look again in the other box an well they were in there but as you said hidden away in a cuboard but HEY they are now found an ive done what you said John an written on it say steam unit eletrics in here so ive leant my lesson now but ive still got to find other stuff so the serchin is not over Aaaaaaarrrhhhh
chris

• Love
Reactions: JR

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Mmmm, are you sure there are the correct number of treads on those ladders! Only joking, top notch job mate, developing beautifully!

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I can't even remember where I put the cupboard sometimes....

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Mmmm, are you sure there are the correct number of treads on those ladders! Only joking, top notch job mate, developing beautifully!
HI Steve eant worried about the ladders as got loads more to fit an buy as this is the most complex ship ive ever done an i can see now why it took 20 yrs to build in the real ship an glad you are likeing this build as its really tryin me out to think ahead an plan whats next
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I can't even remember where I put the cupboard sometimes....
COR STEVE you must be as old as me then im 68 an i sometime go looking for thing an when i get to the mancave i think now why have i come here crazy aint it

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
COR STEVE you must be as old as me then im 68 an i sometime go looking for thing an when i get to the mancave i think now why have i come here crazy aint it
You stripling - I have five years on you, forgotten what was going to say now ...!