boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Looking at the bow section really brings home just how great this build is. It truly is a big, big WOW!
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Looking at the bow section really brings home just how great this build is. It truly is a big, big WOW!
Jim
[/QUOTE)
AN HI Jim yes i thought id take a pic of the whole bow section so it all could be seen an yes she will be a biggy model an hopefully the best one ive ever built will know in about another 2-3 yrs time
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Terrific job on the Bridge work lighting and wipers Chris! just had a read through and catch up on this and it looks Fantastic.....keep it up! She'll be done before you know it. Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Terrific job on the Bridge work lighting and wipers Chris! just had a read through and catch up on this and it looks Fantastic.....keep it up! She'll be done before you know it. Rick H.
HI Rick cheers for your kind comments its these that keep me goin after all the sad news an such an yes these bridges an the consoneles an lights inside have been very tricky an to top that the window wipers were right little buggers as when i was makin them they kept breakin must have made 50 or more but hopefully its all comin togeather an now ive got to find the nav lights up
all the best to you chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Jim
HI Jim sorry i dint reply to your post as somehow i missed replying as i like to an yes she is looking big an im really pleased with how things are goin on her but still a lot to do but soon i'll fit all the ship togeather to see what ive got so far
ATB to you sir
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Fabulous work Chris. Those windscreen wipers look like fun!
Tiger really is looking the biz now. Looking forward to seeing the gun turrets.
Paul :thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Fabulous work Chris. Those windscreen wipers look like fun!
Tiger really is looking the biz now. Looking forward to seeing the gun turrets.
Paul :thumb2:
HI Paul windscreen wipers were not fun to make little buggers as they kept breaking so must have made about 50 odd to get enough to fit to all bridge windows an yes im looking forward to building the gun turrets but its gonna be hard as on these gun turrets there are so many angles esp the big 6inch gun turret an that will take a fair time to make as i will have to draw out some drawings of all angles so i dont have to keep referring to the plans all the while as they are so big but the work goes on till the nxt update but today im fitting on the navigation lights leds an they are 3mm leds two on each side an they will be very bright so they can be seen in daylight
cheers for lookin in Paul
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris, it's all been said, well done .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well just a few pics to show im still on the build an i thought id see how i would get on fitting the phot echt brass railing an they are all indevigual posts with brass 1mm brass rod fittted through the holes in the stantchions an half are painted grey an the rest still in brass an there should be ladder fitted up where the gap is but that will be fitted when i can find the ladders IMG_6669.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an i then jumped to fit on the nav lights an yes they are very bright as they need to be seen in daylight on the pond an im not that keen on where they are fitted but thats where they were on the real ship but should look better when i put on the S/SIMG_6757.JPGn

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN NOW Dissarter happened yesterday as my hand hit the mast accidently an yes it broke of one of the main eletric feed pins an i was fumein with myself but jen calmed me down an said well its broke so lets fix it an in the next few pics its warts an all an here you can see the pin broke off as there should be 4 pin an not 3 IMG_6758.JPG