boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Accidents will (and do) happen Chris. I feel for ya, as I’ve been there many, many times. Thankfully this little mishap is behind you now.
Looking good
Paul
AN HI TO YOU ALSO Paul yes they do but to be on the last bits to be fitted was just to much for me an ive now got less hair than i did have a few days ago lol
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glad its saved Chris, think we have all been there, but this has taken you so long to build it makes it seem worse.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More great work, glad you could salvage it
HI Mick well what with all the money it cost to build an all the gears an shafts in it i dint have any choise it HAD TO BE REPAIRED as i could not build another far to complex that mast is
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Glad its saved Chris, think we have all been there, but this has taken you so long to build it makes it seem worse.
YES John you have hit the nail on the head it was a heck of a lot of work in tryin to make the mast an get it all to work an thats what takes all the time an effort
boy oh boy could'nt build it again as this was a one off
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
What Mick said.....9 hours is a marathon session by any standards..... Very well rescued.

ATB

Andrew
AN HI Andrew yes it was 9 hrs of blood sweat an tears very nr as at time when we was trying to repair the eletrics i could not get the 2mm allen key into the hole as it had paint in it an jen was holding the mast so i could work on it but my helmet magnifeier kept steamin up as we had masks on i was usein some realeasing agent on them allen screws an for what seemsed like ages i could not move them an jen had a great idea leave it a while with wd40 on an have a cuppa an after a while we got it so they would relase but a near thing as if i could not get the gears to lossen up then i could not get out the main drive shaft an i had one idea of a quick fix that i was goin to do an that was just drill chain drill out the plug but as jen said to me what if you drill into a live wire then i could have shortout on my hands an blow all the leds .So no had to go the hard way to get it repaired an 9 hrs worth well it was worth it to get it all goin ok but would not want to go through that again WOW what a day an to cap it all it was the 13th
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
An now for the red 2mm led's Anti -collishion lights on the mast as these were what i was really worried about as if i blew them there would be no way to fix them so thats the reason i dint chain drill out that plug an the white radar scanners are all fitted on an they turn lovely at the correct speed on 6v motor an to all purposses this mast is now finished ( thank goodness )IMG_6770.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an bridge lights all now work from the wires inside the main hull wires so now it will be soon time to fit on their eletric plugs into the main system an some more small bits fitted onto the bridge at the front as this will have a massive arreial fitted on IMG_6766.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
SO for most of that big S/S is mainly only a few bits still to go on is done so now its onto fitting in the rudder fitments that work from the servo an work not only the big rudder but also the push rods that work the stabilizers up an down IMG_6771.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
I'm so glad you were able to fix things after the accident. Certainly a heart stopping moment but as Jen says "Keep calm and carry on".
Mast looks superb. The railings look great but must test your patience.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wow….fantastic stuff Chris.
CHEERS Tim im now getting into the eletrics that the part of the build that i have been waiting for for the last nr 3yrs dont time fly eh an ive got to make all these an a heck of a lot more lights an motors all work from my transmitter R/C
CHEERS for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HERE last shot for today is a shot of the white push rods comin off the rudder mountings an goin up to the front stabilizers an so far today the back set work lovely an tomorrow i will connect up the other stabs at the front of the rear section but there is still to fit an an get working the front stabs in the bow section an so that these will all work in tandam the servo's will all be in the same channel from the R/X ( phew )IMG_6772.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Outstanding mate really looking the part. Glad all the repairs went well.
YES THANKS Scottie so am i as id have hated to be defeated by a single pin but what took all the time was getting it apart an putting it back togeather that fore mast as there are 8 gears in this mast an several shafts an a load of wires to make it all work as ive done all my ships like this but ive never busted a eletric pin off before but then first time for everything ai'nt there
thanks for stoppin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
I'm so glad you were able to fix things after the accident. Certainly a heart stopping moment but as Jen says "Keep calm and carry on".
Mast looks superb. The railings look great but must test your patience.
Jim
AN HI TO YOU Jim yes so am i AN YES it nr gave me a heart attack to see that pin broke off an i thought thats a hell of a lot of work all wasted just because one pin decisde to go AWOL lol but yes jen saved it all in her way by bein calm an getting me to calm down as i know you are suppose to enjoy this hobby but this happening was a step to far for me but now its all ok an i can now get on but it was a warning for me to be CAREFULL an think what im doin an dont get complacent an well untill the next heart stopping moment lol
ATB chris

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Niiiiiiice..!!! Looking really good :thumb2: :thumb2:
I know it's a way off but can't wait to see pics of this out on the water.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Atta boy Chris........she's getting more seaworthy every time I see her. :thumb2: Rick H.