boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris this really is an outstanding build made your attention to detail is superb.
MANY THANKS Scottie yes i do try on detail as thats what makes the model an just as well i made it so it all comes to bits or would have not been able to fit in a new plug
cheers for lookin in
chris

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Well, perhaps it's better it happened now instead of on final assembly where you'd have everything else in your way. Press on me Boyo and I'll follow with interest. Rick H. :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Bet you said a few choice words Chris, mind Jen was right , lets just repair it. It' s not the end of the world, but it might have felt like that at the time.

Hope to see the repair soon.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an now done thanks to my jen helping me to fix it all get the mast all back
to geather an here ive also fitted on THE PHOTO ECTCH RAILING an oh it was a job to do as i dint want to break anything on the mast at all an the railing were painted white on the real ship
IMG_6763.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well, perhaps it's better it happened now instead of on final assembly where you'd have everything else in your way. Press on me Boyo and I'll follow with interest. Rick H. :thumb2:
YEA you maybe right Rick but really once it fitted an screwed down to the S/S the pins wont be able to break then so now jen an i have fixed it the mast is all now screwed down an really stable but ive still got to handle this with kids gloves
cheers for havin look boyo
an hope you are ok
chris jen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Bet you said a few choice words Chris, mind Jen was right , lets just repair it. It' s not the end of the world, but it might have felt like that at the time.

Hope to see the repair soon.
YES John the ole air was blue an i was about to have a sreamin fit at myself for bein so clumsy an yes we got it repaired but took a long time an it did seem like the end of the world as ive been so carefull handeiling these masts but well it had to happen sooner or later but was i angry at myself boy oh boy
thanks John for stoppin
chris jen

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
oh no don,t you just hate that happening so silly to say i know well you do know you did a good job of the heat shrink so glad
that you got it fix and sorted and Jen was there as well to keep you nine and cram with a nice cuppa to sit back and sort it in your head 1st

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Accidents will (and do) happen Chris. I feel for ya, as I’ve been there many, many times. Thankfully this little mishap is behind you now.
Looking good
Paul

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
What Mick said.....9 hours is a marathon session by any standards..... Very well rescued.

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh no don,t you just hate that happening so silly to say i know well you do know you did a good job of the heat shrink so glad
that you got it fix and sorted and Jen was there as well to keep you nine and cram with a nice cuppa to sit back and sort it in your head 1st
HI Moni yes i was very angry with myself for doin that as ive been handling this mast for months on end trying it on an off to make sure that what ever i fitted on this mast all worked an yes it all did but i was fitting on the radar scanners which were the very last thing to be fitted an then i could say its fininshed but when i broke that pin well for two pins i was so angry at myself i could have jumped out the window lol as there is loads of hrs of work in this mast to be defeated on the last bits was near too much for me as i could not believe it at first but thanks to jen calmin me down Oooooohhhhhhh
but its all ok now an all working again an yes jen bought me up a cuppa an biccies
ATB Moni
chris an jen