boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Certainly is Paul. The Russians sailed 18000 miles to get sunk…..and Yamamoto, Japanese admiral in WW2, served as a Lieutenant and was wounded during the battle.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all sorry for the late reply but i have been off the forum for a few days as had to do a lot of thinking on how my gun turrets will work on my tiger so ive been dodgeing around forums lookin for inspiration an its still yet to come im afraid as i want to use gears an such on these guns turrets working but im torn between something simple an something complex so im still thinking on this so as a break i thought i'd make up an fit the flight deck safety netting so here a pic of the first one bein built an ive used R/C aircraft ailerons hinges on the safety netting so they will hinge up an down
chrisb
IMG_7402.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an ive used 2mm steel piano wire to make the frames up an it was bleedin hard stuff to bend an get all 4 to the same height an lenght (phew)an ive used 2mm steel piano wire to make the frames up an it was bleedin hard stuff to bend an get all 4 to the same height an lenght (phew)an ive used 2mm steel piano wire to make the frames up an it was bleedin hard stuff to bend an get all 4 to the same height an lenght (phew)an ive used 2mm steel piano wire to make the frames up an it was bleedin hard stuff to bend an get all 4 to the same height an lenght (phew) really hard work they were really hard work they were really hard work they wereIMG_7405.JPG really hard work they were

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris, I was wondering where you've been!
Pete
HI Pete well its good to have been missed lol thank you Sir but i thought id go a roamin on other ship sites regards these gun turrtes getting them workin well at the moment im torn between a very simple solution or a complex one as i bought several gears to do the job an i dont want to waste the money spent on them by goin for a simple solution an yes i know that the sayin is that the simple souloin is the best as less to go wrong but i just cant make up my mind at the moment so im gonna give it a bit or a lot more thought on this subject so more exsperimenting i go lol an hope you an yours are all well Pete
chrisb

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Excellent stuff. Glad you’re back posting. Surprised there aren’t any solutions out there for your gun turrets though. Someone must have done it before?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Excellent stuff. Glad you’re back posting. Surprised there aren’t any solutions out there for your gun turrets though. Someone must have done it before?
HI Tim oh yes there are loads of solutions on other ship forums but the trouble is i want mine to be uniqe if you know what i mean Tim an not copy others although this maybe a foregone conclushion an i have to but ive been thinkin on this for months now an no nearer than what i was but its just me i think just bein bloomin awkward lol but to day im goin up to the model room an wire up the sailwhinch servo an get out the spare R/X an my new T/X an then see what ideas will come but i dont if i can help want it to copy others but hang fire on that as Rick an Lee says
atb Chrisb