boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
More great work Chris
HI Mick yes more work on her an i know its not what some guys were hopein for eg' the guns turrets but i just cant at the moment feel im happy with any ideas i have seen on other ship forums an my own im not really happy with as to me the guns an the bridge are the main focal points on a warship an well ive built the bridge an that came out ok
but now i gonna focus on the guns turrets an workin more seriouly
chrisb

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
HI Mick yes more work on her an i know its not what some guys were hopein for eg' the guns turrets but i just cant at the moment feel im happy with any ideas i have seen on other ship forums an my own im not really happy with as to me the guns an the bridge are the main focal points on a warship an well ive built the bridge an that came out ok
but now i gonna focus on the guns turrets an workin more seriouly
chrisb
There's no point rushing into building them and then not liking the results, better to take your time and get them right first time

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There's no point rushing into building them and then not liking the results, better to take your time and get them right first time
YES Mick this is the whole point of me takin so long as ive been thinkin of these for months but i may not get it right first or second time but i'll know when i feel happy with the outcome but the whole point of one of my problems is that near all the system ive looked at involed a motor to turn said turrets but i cant do that as i have not enough R/C cha nnels left an also a motor means a ESC in to turn the motor left or tight traves so its got to be powered by my sail whinch servo an this is my main stumblein block but it will come just thinkin things through an trying it all out an makin up an exspirmental board that can have shafts holes in any place till it all works ok
cheers for lookin in
chrisb

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Chris I really like the Chopper and the netting is impressive too. Sorry I haven’t been following along but I figured I would let you cover some ground before commenting again. Care on.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris I really like the Chopper and the netting is impressive too. Sorry I haven’t been following along but I figured I would let you cover some ground before commenting again. Care on.
Cheers for that Lee an no need to apolagise as we cant all answer all posts but i do try on ones im intrested in an cheers for the nice comments of likeing the chopper an netting helps to keep up the ole mojo though thanks Lee
ATB chrisb

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Now that I’ve seen your Chopper I’m getting some Mojo to get mine started for Colin’s GB.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Now that I’ve seen your Chopper I’m getting some Mojo to get mine started for Colin’s GB.
Oh great Lee glad its given you a boost to start on your chopper what type of chopper ? an will it be a working one ? as be nice to see a working one from a batt pack
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
The netting looks great.
Many thanks Scottie yes im pleased with how this ship is turning out but that netting wire steel frames took some bending had two pairs of plyiers in me hands to bend an to get it right well i was sweating as i dint want to mess them up with them aircraft hinges on as they were 10 pounds a pack an i just had enough to do them as the spare one went to the carpet monster an them hinges are quite big but when i was drillin out the steel rod holes the very first one shot off the drill to dissapear as jen or i could not find it an i dint want to have to pay another 10 pounds just for one hinge so i hope that monster is happy lol
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
Glad to see you posting. Netting looks great. I am sure you'll sort the turret gearing. You have overcome so many issues and always come out on top that I know this will be the same.
Jim

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Glad to see you posting. Netting looks great. I am sure you'll sort the turret gearing. You have overcome so many issues and always come out on top that I know this will be the same.
Jim
Hello Jim hope you an yours are well wow i wish i had your confidence in me that you seem to have but so far on this turret probs yes i could go for the easy an simple route by just fitting a sqaure plastic tube on top of mt S/W servo an anothe smaller sqaure plastic tube connected to the gun turret an the small one slides into the bigger one on the servo yes i should think that would work but to me it to simple an easy i want to use up the exsensie gears i have bought so yes hopefully i may be able to best this prob but perhaps im my own enmy here but will as you say Jim get it sorted like i have with some others help
anyway you pushed up my mojo an tomorrow im gonna do more testing on the probs ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Having seen what you've achieved so far i know "you ain't one to be beaten"
WOW Jim yes i must admit that ive succeed a bit on this ship an yes it comin on an yes i dont like to be beaten an yes i love a challenge but this may be one to far for me as i said i think im my own worst enamy by tryin to hard a things an to complex but i will tinker along an see how thing turn out as i have most of the things i need to make the turrets turn an such as i have a spare servo morph to make the servo turn slowy on that big turret gearing i bought off ebay but also ive got to make it a size that will fit under the gun deck an it must be made to all lift out so i can get to this eletronics below in the hull IMG_6842.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an this lot an this is just below where the main 6inch gun turret is mounted so i cant glue any mountings in the hull its all got to come out if need be IMG_6918.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI all just a small update today an thats to say ive made a start on makeing them gun turrest turn an below is just what its gonna take to make it happen if i can
IMG_7438.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an in the pic below the black turret gear ring ( actuall size ) ive cut out only roughly the white base plate that will be gluded to the big black turret gear ring when ive smoothed its edges down with a smooth grinder tool in my dremel an then i must find the centre of the base plate to drill a hole for the gun turret spindle an if i remember rightly there was someone on here who put a thread on how to find the centre of a circle so anyone know where i can find it on this forum
chrisbIMG_7403.JPG

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an the white base plate an the black turret gear ring is under the white base plate an ive laid out some of the big an small gears that i want to use
chrisb IMG_7439.JPG

wotan

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking good Chris. How many channels do you have left to turn and raise and lower the guns?

John

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking good Chris. How many channels do you have left to turn and raise and lower the guns?

John
HI John well i have two channels left out of 14 cha's but unless i grow a third hand its gonna be awkward too say the least as i want the guns turrets on channel 2 which is a stick on the T/X
( transmitter) an no. 14 channel is a pressure switch on the T/X which means i press it down an it flicks back up again as it spring loaded soon as i let it go but i may be able to get around it by movin some function on the R/X to another channell an get round it that way as it will free up a better switch on the T/X BUT it all will be exspeimental for a week or more till i find out which is the best way an same with the gears that will hopefully work that black turret ring gear that will be connected to the gun turret an cheers for lookin in John hope you are well
ATB
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
As ever Chris, write simply mind-blowing! Simply outstanding!