boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
As ever Chris, write simply mind-blowing! Simply outstanding!
HI Andrew ta very much yes im pleased with how things are goin if i can just get these gun turrets to work an train to port an starb an elevate i'll be on the home run
cheers Andrew
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Have fun mate.
HI Scottie yes it will be fun an a challange to do what im hopein to do with all these gears but gonna be a bit hit an miss if i cant get the right speed on getting the gun turret to turn slowy an compact enough to fit in under the gun base so it can be lifted out to get to the other eletrics in the hull but im not in any hurry so see how things go an im makin a proper start to day an im a bit miffed that after trying out the sailwinch servo im not getting the 6 revoluions that the makers claim all im getting so far is 4 an a bit so i will have to try an alter that servo morph exstender to its full throw an then see how many i get (phew )
ATB
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I think that the link here should lead to the
Finding the middle of a circle thread.

Happy modelling and a hug to that lovely white ball of fur.

Andrea
HI Andrea yes ive already now found that thanks to the guys but to understand it is the problem as im pullin my hair out an nearly bald now lol as im not sure i understand it about the triangle an such an what Gern put on well the ole brain is overloaded lol an yes lilley the cat says meow to you Sir an thanks for the hug lol
ATB to you Sir
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I THINK you boffin guys are too far ahead for me so im aggreein with WHAT John an monica said below

All too technical for me. :confused:I'd just measure the dia and divided by 2, but very informative and will note.Thank you .
John
(J/R Qoute)

I,m with John,hurts my head this early in the morning ,or just pot luck,
(Monica Qoute )

AN yes my head hurts also tryin to work this out (duh) what with triangles an veetee an such Aaaaaaaggggghhhhh
think im goin dizzy with that info but thanks guys
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WOW Chris!!
A challenge but one you'll enjoy I reckon...
Have fun.
Cheers Rob
HI Rob yes the whole gun turret drama is goin to be a challange for me as this sailwinch servo does not stop back in the same postion so thats gonna cause a problem as if i cant get it to self centre then the gun turret wont be staright ahead how i want it to be an i may have to scrap this sailwinch servo an go for a more exspensive one which is more accrate an yes it will be fun tryin to work out which gears i will have to use but i know for a fact that the first gear on the S/W servo must be a big one then down to a small one so i will get more revoluions but after that what gear then wil be a ?
thanks for stoppin
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up again Chris, some outstanding work. I really like the work on the Seaking.
HI Ian glad you have caught up on the build as it seems to me its goin on on forever an there is still so much to do on this ship an glad you like how that seaking turned out yes when building it i had my doubts that the bin was callin due to how bad a fit it was but thankfully i persiverd with it an got it lookin decent with all the lights an motors which i really enjoyed fittin in the kit but it was touch an go at a time there an thank you for your nice comments on same
ATB
Chrib

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just had another catch up. Things are progressing nicely.
Yes, those turrets are going to be the cause of many headaches for you, to get them self centering, elevating and turning on just the one channel? Glad that you know about these things - all I can think of would be some sort of cam with wiring to bring it back to the middle again (something like what they use for windscreen wipers to return them to the rest position)

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
There are small motors used on automotive HVAC blend doors and side view mirrors that may prove suitable. They can be 255 count stepper motors.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just had another catch up. Things are progressing nicely.
Yes, those turrets are going to be the cause of many headaches for you, to get them self centering, elevating and turning on just the one channel? Glad that you know about these things - all I can think of would be some sort of cam with wiring to bring it back to the middle again (something like what they use for windscreen wipers to return them to the rest position)
HI Gerry yes ive been near all day just getting a big gear to fit to my SAILWINCH SERVO an the reason its took so long is that its got to come off an be interchangeable so if the gear is to big then i can simply unscrew the centre screw on the servo an remove it to fit on a smaller size if need be an thats whats cause headaches no.1 so no more today but tomorrow it will be the job of makin up a testing board with the servo mounted an then start fitting in the gears to see which ones will do the job an Gerry no worryies about it self centering as the servo should do it on auto from the T/X an as for raiseing the guns up an down im hopeing to fit on the gun mounting a cam so low at the centre but as the turret turns the sharft that connected to the gun elevation will rise up the cam an elevate the guns barreles an im hopein to fit in the gun barrelles ultra bright orange LED'S so it looks like it firein an maybe a gunfire sound unit but will see what mr wallet says on that lol
CHEERS for stoppin
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
There are small motors used on automotive HVAC blend doors and side view mirrors that may prove suitable. They can be 255 count stepper motors.
HI PualE well i cant use a motor as i would have to have another ESC fitted in to make the motor turn the gun turret left an right so no go PaulE BUT THANKS for your idea much apprecaitted
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Goodness me Chris this is like spagetti and meatballs for me...
View attachment 455092
And this...raviolli...
View attachment 455093
You work this like a neuro surgeon.
Looking good especially the choppers.

Cheers,
Richard
WOW Richard youve certainly got a very vidid imagination if you imagine it all as that but nr every wire there carries power only about 3 wire what are spares as i like to have some spares in case a wire breaks inside it outer casein which has sometimes happened in my other ships but what you have said made me have a good laugh an jen too you crazy guy you that has cheered me up no end an got rid of headacke no'1 lol
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL just another small update to say its goin great guns on the big 6 inch gun turret as ive got the big 1/16th turret gear ring to revolve slowy an stop at the 90 degeess point both way working from my tranmitter or T/X an im very pleased but it took me two days of exsperimenting with diferent gears an also the blue micro servo will work the guns elevations an they both work with a twin fly lead from the same channell so pleased IMG_7445.JPG