boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here the 2mm led wires bein fed through an it can be seen how small the led's are by my finger in for size comparizein IMG_5439.JPG

• Wow
Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an here one goin but IMG_5441.JPGi had to be carefull an fit superglue on the underside as its mountin on brass an there could be a elerical short

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
Fabulous work on the LEDs/lighting and the radar tower in general. It all seems to be coming together now. This model will be epic when finished and a great partner to your HMS Norfolk. With regards to the etch, I’d probably solder it, but i see you’re dilemma in painting it with rattle cans.

Looking great! Keep up the fabulous work
Cheers
Paul

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Chris this quite something, think the paint method you've described is right, far to close with that mesh to paint with a can. I'm sure you will crack the radar and make a splendid job of it.:thumb2:

First Name
Wouter
Holy mackerel, that's some impressive scratching again! Love the additions of the LED's!

Cheers

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris
Fabulous work on the LEDs/lighting and the radar tower in general. It all seems to be coming together now. This model will be epic when finished and a great partner to your HMS Norfolk. With regards to the etch, I’d probably solder it, but i see you’re dilemma in painting it with rattle cans.

Looking great! Keep up the fabulous work
Cheers
Paul
Cheers Paul yes its begining to look something now an im shivering in my boots thinkin about buildin that big radar lol ;) :rolling::smiling: but if i solder it i'll burn off the paint inside them box sections
so superglue is to me the answer as it wont get hot an damage the paint an yes she with Norfolk will look great but i wont be able to get them both togeather up the pond as only room for one in the car an thanks fo your nice comments an lookin in on the build an whats happening on the panzer ?
ATB
chris

Last edited:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris this quite something, think the paint method you've described is right, far to close with that mesh to paint with a can. I'm sure you will crack the radar and make a splendid job of it.:thumb2:

HI John lets hope you are right on that an im goin to give the radar mesh a light spray but on the small radar first an if the paint does block up the mesh from sprayin then i'll have to try an use a hairystick an stub the paint an see wheather that idea will work cheers for stoppin here an also regards this radar just got to hope im still sane after ive built it lol:crying::rolling::smiling2:
ATB chris

• Haha

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Holy mackerel, that's some impressive scratching again! Love the additions of the LED's!

Cheers
Hello Wouter glad youre likin the build as there is a heck of a lot more to come this it the tip of the iceberg so far as im really enjoyin myself doin these mini eletrics an radar an the masts as so far they have been a real challange but i think the biggest challange is that big radar if i can build that im then game for anything on her then
ATB Chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Cheers Paul yes its begining to look something now an im shivering in my boots thinkin about buildin that big radar lol ;) :rolling::smiling: but if i solder it i'll burn off the paint inside them box sections
so superglue is to me the answer as it wont get hot an damage the paint an yes she with Norfolk will look great but i wont be able to get them both togeather up the pond as only room for one in the car an thanks fo your nice comments an lookin in on the build an whats happening on the panzer ?
ATB
chris
Hey Chris
The Panther is still in the same place. I’m hoping, after these set of shifts at work, to have the hull painted and the whole tank assembled. It’s slow progress because of work pressures but it will get there in the end. I’ve given up on joining the ‘Battle of Britain‘ Group build as i just don’t have the time.
Anyhoo, really excellent progress on Tiger.
Cheers
Paul

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hey Chris
The Panther is still in the same place. I’m hoping, after these set of shifts at work, to have the hull painted and the whole tank assembled. It’s slow progress because of work pressures but it will get there in the end. I’ve given up on joining the ‘Battle of Britain‘ Group build as i just don’t have the time.
Anyhoo, really excellent progress on Tiger.
Cheers
Paul
OK Paul nice to hear you are busy thats the way to be
ATB STAY SAFE
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL another small update on that mast tower here ive started to fit the rungs on the mast cross member IMG_5450.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an ive got to superglue them in place as if i try an solder the heat will melt the anti collishion led wires inside the cross member IMG_5451.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
here they have been filed down an off with un wanted glue an im also tryin out the light to make sure i have'nt damaged them as they are fragile
IMG_5452.JPG