boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
MORE when i get that far as today it will be more work on this mast as its so fragile so i have to work in slow motion lol but im really enjoyin myself on this for the challenges an this mast is still in the rough state of build but it will get all filed down an sanded when its all built an then sprayed grey an black
chris

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6559

Chris. I don't comment on this often because I'm constantly having to pick my jaw up off the carpet. I am watching though, and in real awe at the superb modelling on show.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris. I don't comment on this often because I'm constantly having to pick my jaw up off the carpet. I am watching though, and in real awe at the superb modelling on show.
HELLO Peter thank you for your very kind comments on the build an nice to see you here an glad youre liken what you see but i'll be glad when ive built most of the main parts of this ship so i can then get into doin the detailing as ive got quite a lot to fit on her once im at that stage all best an many thanks for stoppin an havin a looksee
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Not finished yet Chris lol:tongue-out3:

Continues to amaze me with the very high level of skills and work. Lovely:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Not finished yet Chris lol:tongue-out3:

Continues to amaze me with the very high level of skills and work. Lovely:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
OH I HI Bob cheers for stoppin an havin a look in an it wont be finished for yrs but im gettin there an more importantly im enjoyin building this mast as its so intricate an i love the challenge of gettin it all to work it a bit on the rough side at the moment but when ive finished buildin it then i'll clean it all up ready to be painted an i hope your wrist feels better ? an many thanks for your comments
all best chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looking fabulous Chris. The masts look terrific and the planning and electronics involved is truly amazing.
Great work! (as always)
Cheers
P

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Looking fabulous Chris. The masts look terrific and the planning and electronics involved is truly amazing.
Great work! (as always)
Cheers
P
HIYA Paul cheers yea them masts are comin on an im really enjoyin these masts builds but i will be glad when i can start fittin on her detail such as W/T DOORS an ladders an all the small details that make a model instresting an its still a little nail bitein jobs to do on them masts like on your panzer so we both gotta sweat it out an hope things turn out ok hav'nt we
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

been a while wince I commented - wow, what brilliant workmanship.

Peter
HIYA Peter THANK YOU for your comments on them masts very nice of you an now ive got that far i'll have stop on them masts even though they not finished an do them over winter time as i need to return to sprayin the hull while its warm wheather in the garge
cheers all best to you
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
MORE when i get that far as today it will be more work on this mast as its so fragile so i have to work in slow motion lol but im really enjoyin myself on this for the challenges an this mast is still in the rough state of build but it will get all filed down an sanded when its all built an then sprayed grey an black
chris
Afternoon Chris, WOW, WOW just pure amazing that main mask, well I hope mine will turn out just as good, those navigation lights are they just one colour, my ship has three different colours, try to con the Captain if he can give me any hints how they work, a long way off building mine, I have two mask, one at the stern .

Sadly I am in hospital, my kidneys aren't doing so good kidney function dropped down to 20 percent not far off dialysis slowly going back up, hope to go home tomorrow.

Take care Tony

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Afternoon Chris, WOW, WOW just pure amazing that main mask, well I hope mine will turn out just as good, those navigation lights are they just one colour, my ship has three different colours, try to con the Captain if he can give me any hints how they work, a long way off building mine, I have two mask, one at the stern .

Sadly I am in hospital, my kidneys aren't doing so good kidney function dropped down to 20 percent not far off dialysis slowly going back up, hope to go home tomorrow.

Take care Tony

Makes me want to cry! Why is it some of you guys got more than your fair share of talent? As well as some of you getting more than your fair share of skip finds!:disappointed::disappointed:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Take care Tony
HI Tony very sorry to hear you in hos an we hope you will be out tomorrow an leave the nurses alone lol an i wondered why i hadnt seen you on here so get better boyo as that railway wont get built without you SO GET BETTER YES THEM LEDS COME IN ALL COLOURS AN SOME ALSO FLASH AN THEY SELL THEM ON EBAY AN THEY ARE CALLED SMD LEDS ALL BEST
HOPEIN FOR YOU TO BE HOME TOMORROW WILL EMAIL YOU TO FIND OUT
CHRIS

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Makes me want to cry! Why is it some of you guys got more than your fair share of talent? As well as some of you getting more than your fair share of skip finds!:disappointed::disappointed:

HI Dave nice to see on here an as for talent well thats just how we are made i suppoce but i was at the end of the queqe when it came to givin out computer talent but you are very talented at your builds as they have given me imence enjoyment so you not been left out

chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well its been a while since i posted or it seems to me so anyway
well ive had to leave the masts for a while an try an finish off the hull x 2 an before the winter gets here as im still fittin in the hulls the water proof inserts for the rudder an stabilizers an a pic of some below an these will push into the hulls an do up with a nut on the hull insides an these are fitted with rubber gromets IMG_5498.JPGto ensure no leaks

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an done the bow an stern still to paintIMG_5555.JPG they stand in the bath room untill we have a bath or shower then they just stood in the hall but got to be carefull as i dont want snowball to use them as scratchin poles

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
an both done so far the hulls have had 4 full coats of grey primer an red primer an then a top coat of humbroll acrillic grey one coat red then one coat grey an so far they have had 4 full grey primer coats an the 3 grey an 3 red so that makes 10 coats of paint as i have finished on the red now for a week to let the paint harden IMG_5501.JPG