boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
This is an awesome build Chris. Just so different to anything else on here. The attention to detail is first rate!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Chris

I am quite simply speechless. Wouldn't even know where to start with something like this....

ATB

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You're getting on well with those portholes Chris.
Pete
HI Pete yea all done in the hulls thank goodness the portholes were a bit nerverackin to fit as they have all got to line up but they all turned out good but had to have a nerve tablet after doin these as got the shakes
all best cheers for lookin in
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is an awesome build Chris. Just so different to anything else on here. The attention to detail is first rate!
AN HI Tim many thanks for your kind comments as they are deeply appreaciated an helps keep up my mojo the detail is hardly started yet as there is a heck of a lot of details to go on her but im looking forward to this challange an to you as well thanks for stoppin
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris

I am quite simply speechless. Wouldn't even know where to start with something like this....

ATB

Andrew
HI Andrew CHEERS for your kind words an im also a bit lost at times as i have to sit an think right whats next on the build i think ive created a monster lol :smiling4:
chris an thanks to you also for havin a looksee

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Christopher, she is looking really good...the portholes nice even and level, good job. :thumb2: Now will see how you paint...hope the weather holds. I hear British weather can be finicky.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hmmm. It’s bloody huge. Maybe it best to dismantle the lot and replan down by 5%. Consider where you are as practice?

Toby
On second thoughts. That’s wasteful.
Blimey Toby :thinking: you'll give me a bloomin heart attack suggetin things like that lol :cold-sweat::smiling2::smiling::crying::flushed::nerd::rolling::tongue-out3::upside::astonished::thinking: im just folowin the plans an yes she is gonna be a biggee but as this is my last build might as well go out in a big style hopefully not with a bang though but cheers for lookin in on the build
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Christopher, she is looking really good...the portholes nice even and level, good job. :thumb2: Now will see how you paint...hope the weather holds. I hear British weather can be finicky.

Cheers,
Richard
Hello Richard firstly hope you are recovering from your op ok an thanks yea them portholes made me sweat a bit as if even if one is out of line by a bit it can really make the model look wrong but i think ive pulled it off ok (PHEW)

an yea :thinking:ive still got all the hulls paint spryin to do again for about the 12th time an ive got to mask all the P/H's glass up again all about 70 odd but thats all the challanges i love on this model.But like you say the great british weather is a bugger as its all over the show an its nearly impossible to plan anything its a case of its got to be done on the spur of the moment thing as if i wait fora nice day it will be nxt yr proberly :poop: but cheers for you lookin in :thumb2:
ATB chris
chris

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 4539

HI Ralph we hope you feel better an its good to see you on here an thanks for your comment on the ship an any plans at all about doin another ship on a sea scape as you do these so good an so realistic
all the best chris an jen
Got one nearly finished from before I was in hospital,just need to do the rigging.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Chris, sorry I haven't popped in recently.
Looking very good, your dedication to such a large build is admiral .:thumb2: