boatman's 1/72 HMS Tiger C20 build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, sorry I haven't popped in recently.
Looking very good, your dedication to such a large build is admiral .:thumb2:
HI John youre exscused for not lookin in lol an yea im tryin to keep at the build with all you guys spureing me on i should get to finish it in about 3 to 4yrs time :thumb2:
chris

• Wow
Reactions: JR

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
AN she is so big im now havin a a job to get her in the camera veiwer may have to get my other camera out with the wide angle lens but i think i'll save that for when the ship is whole View attachment 399188
HI Chris, wow your Tiger bridge has come along very well , I like the way on how you got the water tight doors to open very cleaver, I have them on my ship will be closed .
Those cabin windows on the hull you can buy , looks awesome, is that the final hull colour , I have started work on my ships bridge cutting out out the floor.
Managed to buy clear plastic sheeting for the bridge windows , pics to follow tomorrow night .
Keep the good work up and plenty of pics flowing, Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Chris, wow your Tiger bridge has come along very well , I like the way on how you got the water tight doors to open very cleaver, I have them on my ship will be closed .
Those cabin windows on the hull you can buy , looks awesome, is that the final hull colour , I have started work on my ships bridge cutting out out the floor.
Managed to buy clear plastic sheeting for the bridge windows , pics to follow tomorrow night .
Keep the good work up and plenty of pics flowing, Tony
HI Tony glad you like tigers bridge as it was bloomin difficult to build an really put me to the test of my modeling skills to make it so it all comes apart for servicein as there is a lot of weird angles on the bridge but im pleased at how its turned out
an yes i like to have a few W/T doors open as i want to fit some small corridors in the S/S an with lights an some figures standin inside the corridors.
An im now at the most instresting stage of fitting on the S/S all the detail such as pipes an handrails
an no not the final hull colour as this is still red under coat primer the top colour when i get to spray it will be matt light grey as all warships are painted an looking forward to seeing your bridge pics when you post them
ATB chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Just caught up again Chris, and may I say some fantastic work going on.

An yes you may say that Ian lol yes im really pleased at how the model is turning out as ive been buildin her now for about a yr an a half so there is something to to show there for my efforts

i just wish i could get a handle on this new
R/C system sorted out though as this is the first time ive ever had a R/C system that uses a BEC system an im getting a lot of confushion on how to wire it all up ive asked up to six people an they all nearly have given differnt answers

as its a german R/C system i think an a german gent on another forum says the instuctions are wrongly tranlated to english if im reading him rightly as in the R/C intructions it says the R/X has a BEC CIRCUT fitted in it SO i must use AN ESC fitted with A BEC combatabilty but he says the R/X has no BEC circut fitted in it

SO im putting THE R/C on hold untill i can find out whats correct as i dont want to damage my R/X as they cost 42 pounds to replace an there is no hurry as the R/C has a two yrs warranty but its damm annoying to have this problem BUT i'll get there in the end as i hope to have a freind who knows about this all to come over an we will talk it through an which new ESC i need as i found out that my fushion power ESC is an OPTO SORT an not fitted with the BEC but thats if this is right
aaaaaaahhhhrrrrrr lol :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2::rolling::rolling:
an my rough wirein diogram i drew this over my mother in laws with her clackin in me earhole
below dont think i had better show the R/C instruckions in case of copyright IMG_5602.JPG

Last edited:
  • Wow

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Wonderbar Chris, cracking work everytime!!!
Cheers Bob she nearly as big as your cake lol an glad you had a super day an now enjoy yourself now you are your own boss but dont forget to tell yourself off if you are slackin at the bench lol ;) :smiling2::rolling:

• Haha

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN hi chaps im a very happy bunney now as ive been told that my problem on my new R/C is sorted the problem bein a BEC circut in the R/X but now ive been told by two german speaking people who can read german that my R/C instruckions are :poop: an wrong as the german translation to english is not right an i have now not got a BEC in my R/X so im now FREE to find an chose an ESC thats powerfull enough with fail safe in it to power tiger so im gonna start lookin tomorrow
wheeeeeeeeeeeee
chris

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Go for it Chris, get a fire extingusiher ready lol

Pleased you have get to the bottom of it!

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Go for it Chris, get a fire extingusiher ready lol

Pleased you have get to the bottom of it!
HI Bob fire extingusiher ready youre not exsackly filling me with confidence are you
lol :smiling: :rolling: an you are not inviteing J.R are you ?BUT it now should be ok but fancy them getting the instruckitons wrong

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Chris, pleased for you that it's sorted . An uncomfortable feeling when things don't appear right and cost so much .

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great work Chris, pleased for you that it's sorted . An uncomfortable feeling when things don't appear right and cost so much .

Thanks John yes its all ok now on the new R/C system as i said ive never had a BEC SYSTEM before so this is all new to me even though the system has been about for yrs as ive always uesed the 40 meg system an my ESC were the old desisign

so the batt power could feed sraight into the R/X an not like this BEC system (as thats what BEC stands for 'battery elemination circut ) so one batt can be done away with but in my tiger i'll have a two batt system anyway.one batt to feed the ESC an the R/X an all 4 motors an servo's

an another batt in to power all my assesories like lights an radar an such as this is the system i have in my NORFOLK an it works well an as they say if it an'it broke why fix it an yes this is a very exspensive model as was the R/C that was why i dint try an hurry to use it as i dint want to blow up the R/X an its got a two yr warrenty so no worries NOW im free to find the right ESC with this BEC in an a Fail safe all built in
anyway sorry for running on but i thought id try to exsplain what the trouble was as thats the trouble with eletric it will always try a find the shortest route back to negative so very finicy
thanks for lookin in
ATB chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Thanks for the explanation Chris, I was getting confused with all those TLAs!
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Thanks for the explanation Chris, I was getting confused with all those TLAs!
Pete
HI Pete no problem happy to exsplain yes that the trouble nowadays everybody talks in anacroms an it no different with eletronics an it gets me sometimes
chris

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm an electronic engineer Chris, but my most recent involvement with R/C was in the days when we used a gas-filled triode pinched from an NHS hearing aid, and the only control was a single microswitch - first press left rudder, second right rudder, etc.
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
I'm an electronic engineer Chris, but my most recent involvement with R/C was in the days when we used a gas-filled triode pinched from an NHS hearing aid, and the only control was a single microswitch - first press left rudder, second right rudder, etc.
Pete
HI Pete well you got me now whats a gas filled triode ? not that i'll understand anyway lol
chris

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Chris
Tiger really is beginning to look like a war ship now. The portholes look great and the electronics just seem to get more and more complicated. Think you’re going to need a 1/72 power station to run this thing :smiling5:.
Looking awesome.
Cheers Paul

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
HI Pete well you got me now whats a gas filled triode ? not that i'll understand anyway lol
chris
An old-fashioned glass thermionic valve Chris. Part number was XFG1. What we had to use before transistors were easily available.