BUILDING FOR THE SU 76.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Excellent board work 453. Really nice.
Bit late now, but as your cutter is being a bit naughty, how about in future giving just your modelling knife and a steel rule a try. They do the job just fine and being used to 'The Tools' you should have no problem.

All looking good.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking very nice indeed mate:thumb2:

Thank you my friend :thumb2:

Excellent board work 453. Really nice.
Bit late now, but as your cutter is being a bit naughty, how about in future giving just your modelling knife and a steel rule a try. They do the job just fine and being used to 'The Tools' you should have no problem.

All looking good.
570 Thank you ....,...... I do find with the method you advised that I tend to under cut , due to the fact that I try to cut too deep in one pass , and some times miss with the knife when attempting repeat cuts ! At least with this tool I can set the width and as long as I take a shallow cut it seems to work. Definitely shallow cuts are the way !
Yours 453
:cool::tongue-out3::smiling2:
John

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
My pleasure 453...
That's the way - Just tickle the surface first then shove it in!

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

More great work John. By the way, you should see what they're saying about you on Ron's Rorke's Drift hospital thread.......

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Nice work John, I'm just waiting for you to make the piles of bricks!

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
My pleasure 453...
That's the way - Just tickle the surface first then shove it in!

I have tried, but of course I failed to see the first line and made a complete pigs ear of it , I re set the tool and have managed to cut a load of just about 1 mm , at 6mm wide they will be perfect in scale 25mm x 300 for Russian floor boards.

More great work John. By the way, you should see what they're saying about you on Ron's Rorke's Drift hospital thread.......
Peter............ Thank you, I have checked out 570's post and left a suitable comment. :smiling3: that made me chuckle , Zulu blood eh and I'd thought I'd come from Scandinavia. Once cast as a pyromaniac it seems I'll never shake it off .:smiling:

No fire here yet, but of course you never know !

Spent some time cutting out floor boards and roof lath from the Balsa. This tool certainly works for me , no way could I manage to see the cut If I attempted Rons way.
Then I moved on to the wall plates for thew ceilings and floor, glues using UHU Por as Ron had helpfully recommended ( No, 570 I'm not sending you any more money for that tip .:money-face: )

_MG_4160.jpgC1.jpg_MG_4161.jpgC2.jpg_MG_4162.jpgC3.jpg
Pinned together just to enable lining up of the plates. I notice I will have to add to the center wall, it appears about 6 mm short . ! how that happened I don't know . Might be better if I worn my head set :rolling:

Time to go as friends arriving and Management is waving .
Bye for now and thanks for looking in .
John.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Colin, Lee, and Rick .
Thanks guys. Getting to the next stage of painting another dark wash coat. Followed by the brick, and internal walls.
No doubt much time will be lost in the next day or so :confused: but hey the light is returning !
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice work John, I'm just waiting for you to make the piles of bricks!
Graeme...... Posts crossed , thank you for your post , yes standbys bricks are in the kiln as we speak :smiling2: well in foam board but will be soon making an appearance.:thumb2:
John .

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Colin, Lee, and Rick .
Thanks guys. Getting to the next stage of painting another dark wash coat. Followed by the brick, and internal walls.
No doubt much time will be lost in the next day or so :confused: but hey the light is returning !
John .

Yes John instead of losing minutes we’ll start gaining. Oh BTW it snow here this morning heavy flakes for about 5min none of it stuck☹️

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Wish that were true here in MT. Got about 3" and it stuck, looks like another white Christmas. John, I hope you didn't over cook those bricks.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Tobarisch Dzhon our building (as usual) are wonderfully done and super realistic... can't wait to see more... :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi John,

Sorry for not commenting sooner, seemed to missed the time to do so…:rolling:

The building looks great, thanks for explaining all the materials and techniques used.:thumb2:

Looking forward to the next update and until then have a Merry Christmas sir!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Coming on a treat. Lots of very useful tips. Have a great Christmas. I'm off granddading for a few days.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
The building is coming along really well. A great base for you to work your magic on:thumb2::thumb2: