BUILDING FOR THE SU 76.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wish that were true here in MT. Got about 3" and it stuck, looks like another white Christmas. John, I hope you didn't over cook those bricks.
You poor chap ......I hate snow only from the driving point. Bricks not over cooked........ yet.

Tobarisch Dzhon our building (as usual) are wonderfully done and super realistic... can't wait to see more... :smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:
Thank you Comrade Gregisky.............. Some photos will appear .

John,
Looking really nice mate. have a great Christmas my friend.
Thanks Paul..... yes had a enjoyable day at Kays , didn't need to eat on Boxing Day !

Merry Christmas John
Lee my friend the same to you. As I said to Paul I had a great day, and you ?

Hi John
Coming on a treat. Lots of very useful tips. Have a great Christmas. I'm off granddading for a few days.
Jim
Thanks Jim......Glad they might be helpful. Enjoy Granddaddy duties :thumb2:

The building is coming along really well. A great base for you to work your magic on:thumb2::thumb2:

Hi mate........ thanks, the base is ready to imprint, need to get the building assembled then I can mark out the pavement .Don't think there will be any stone sets as the building take nearly the whole base.

Hi , well another late start......:worried: trouble is I get on here first thing then look at U tube and before I know it Management is serving an eviction order. No problem really as more often than not I get a cup of coffee and two rounds of toast. The joy's of being retired.!!!

Today I painted a third brick colour, its too easy to get carried away and put some very light pale bricks in, they do stand out , but more often than not kilns from the 1930's would have more chance of burning the brick resulting in a dark coloured face and end. With this in mind I went for a second brown , just a shade darker, I had done a few light ones on the second paint, but manage to keep it down in number. I can see now that I will have to remark with the tool or knife blade the mortar line. Once that is done an application of a grey/white mix of pigments into the line will give the mortar bed the correct look.

To make the floor joists more interesting I've started to cut out the notches for the joist ends in the wall plate.Going to be fun to slide the right hand small room ones into place.After that is the floor boards, and underneath I would like to try some plaster. This ceiling would have more than likely been lath inter woven and a thick plaster face applied. Will have a test run to see it it will work.
Also did some plaster painting, only using white and cream, don'y want a re run of that horrible green as on the Stalingrad dio.:flushed:

All drying now, hope tomorrow to get the pigment on the inner faces, then can get the floor joists in, and on ward I will go .

Photos. _MG_4163.jpgD1.jpg_MG_4164.jpgD7.jpg_MG_4165.jpgD2.jpg_MG_4166.jpgD3.jpg_MG_4168.jpgD4.jpg_MG_4169.jpgD5.jpg
Other glues are available !

Comments welcomed and thanks for following.
John.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice work John,
You really do excel at the broken buildings. I like the look of the missing and cracked plaster...nicely done:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes yes it is all loverly! Keep it coming 453 and get those bricks out of the oven!
Cheers Mate, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
That is looking the dogs cahoonas
Thanks Paul..... :smiling:
Nice work John,
You really do excel at the broken buildings. I like the look of the missing and cracked plaster...nicely done:thumb2:
:smiling3::smiling5:
Thanks Si......... Its one thing I seem to be able to manage with out any problem seeing what I've done ! :smiling5:
Yes yes it is all loverly! Keep it coming 453 and get those bricks out of the oven!
Cheers Mate, Rick H.
Rick..... Have several blown out or in sections of
wall painted and ready to break up even more. The back of this building would have been blown into the street,so some good heaps of debris will appear soon !
Looking very good that man.
Thank you my friend. :thumb2:
AHHHH Tovarisch Dhzon... KRASIVYYY... ;) ;)

благодарю вас ! Gregisky :smiling2::smiling2::smiling2:
Glad you all enjoyed it and thanks for posting . Going to take a lot longer yet, the roof timbers and floors will be time consuming, then there is the doors , and remains of the roofing its self and the windows .
John .

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Mornink Comrade 453 Gregisky.

Masterly work for sure...... :thumb2:

Also nice to see you have and are using POV!

Ivor Nakaroff

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
570 when I noticed the glue I thought I would leave it in , hoping you would see it ! Great stuff , I used it yesterday to refix some toast , worked a treat . :flushed:
Yours 453
Mornink Comrade 453 Gregisky.

Masterly work for sure...... :thumb2:

Also nice to see you have and are using POV!

Ivor Nakaroff

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Only thing left to test is does it ignite. !! Oh the joys of modelling :surprised:
Dzhon
Leningrad Pryotecnics

D

Deleted member 4539

It looks a right mess of a building.,......... brilliant:smiling:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John, don't look now but Matron is watching! I hope to see some rubble piling up soon:thumb2:
Cheers, Rick H.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
You are definitely getting good at this. The tablets must be working.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
It looks a right mess of a building.,......... brilliant:smiling:.
:smiling3:Thanks Ralph

John, don't look now but Matron is watching! I hope to see some rubble piling up soon:thumb2:
Cheers, Rick H.

Don't fret mate, need to get the roof done and the copper sheet on the front. then I can concentrate on the SU and the rubble.

Hi John
You are definitely getting good at this. The tablets must be working.
Jim
Very kind of you to say Jim:smiling2:.

Good evening building fans .

The first thing this morning , yes Dude 1....... I was up , not as early as you but fell asleep again until 0900, having heard the alarm at 0730.

Once watered and fed I made a start on the grey pigment , using a small hard brush a small amount was rubbed into the brick areas. Once the surplus had been collected I took a damp sponge and carefully dragged it across the bricks, keeping it in line with the mortar bed. One or two passes and the damp removes any left over pigment on the brick face.

Now can the assembly of the building, using UHU POR and some very sharp pins. ( I know they are sharp because I stuck one into my finger:sick:, it is not a laughing matter Mr Jones :smiling4: )

_MG_4170.JPG
_MG_4171.JPG
Put the ally rule in shot, but its not in focus but it is 270 mm in length. The end exposed edges are going to have a stone cladding fitted latter._MG_4173.JPG
Now can the fun of fitting the floor joists while keeping it all square.This time I decided to use CA, grabs the Balsa straight away, so no sliding into place, right first time or trouble.
_MG_4175.JPG
Wanted to show a fairly retained floor , as the roof will be on complete with the copper sheet.The main damaged would have been to the rear of the building, with the rear walls being blown out.
_MG_4176.JPG
Cut some joints end at an angle to give a better amount of surface for gluing. Next was the flooring boards. I'd given these a dark wash coat and they were still wet. Permission was granted by Management to use the grill .:blow-kiss-2:.
In a couple of minutes they were dry enough to glue with the CA. _MG_4177.JPG
Set you the grill to 180 c and cook for 2 minutes, remove and allow the cool .
Once this was done gluing started.
_MG_4186.JPG_MG_4178.JPG
Untidy bench , so Jim , but its the way, although we have a dinner tomorrow night and I've been informed that is need to be tidy .Have you spoken to Management !!!:smiling3::smiling3:

Decided to make some architrave for the door, this was done and painted and put to one side. A door, we must have a door ! Out with some plastic card, a few lengths of floor board cut down to make the rails and styles. Laminated the card between the timbers, worked a treat. Hinges I thought........... got the Pewter out from the safe and cut and folded the hinges. Most doors in public and Party buildings would have had very nice Timber doors . Funny how Stalin made sure the elite were well look after .:smiling:
Decided the door will be hanging off the frame as it was blown into the small room. Made a pair of door plated from some spare Etch frame and then added two handles made from wire.
The door has since been primed now is drying before being painted.

Just thought Christine had said she'd had some porridge. funny thing I thought to have this time of day, now found out she said an orange !:flushed::smiling::smiling::smiling:. That specsavers advert come to mind, yes I even had my hearing aids in and switched on. Mind you we had a good laugh.

Comments if you would like , thanks for looking in.
John.
Might not be posting anything tomorrow so .............................
A Happy New Year, one that brings health and plastic to you all .

John.

Attachments

• _MG_4182.jpgF2.jpg
    _MG_4182.jpgF2.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 10

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
John,
Wow mate I am really impressed this building is the nuts the floor joists look superb. Have a very happy New Year to you and yours.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening mr R,
Blinking ‘ek mate, it looks like your bench has been vandalised while you weren’t looking! Rotten skallywags....look at the state the left it:tired:
At least they didn’t mess about with your building...which looks fab by the way:thumb2:
Loving the door too:smiling4:
Happy new year to all the gang:thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John, nice looking door. And the rest of this lot is coming on nicely. I'm surprised Matron has allowed you to play with sharp objects! :tongue-out3:LOL
Cheers, Rick H.
ps. Has Paul E. been playing at your bench again?

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John,
Wow mate I am really impressed this building is the nuts the floor joists look superb. Have a very happy New Year to you and yours.
Cheers Paul.like wise .

Evening mr R,
Blinking ‘ek mate, it looks like your bench has been vandalised while you weren’t looking! Rotten skallywags....look at the state the left it:tired:
At least they didn’t mess about with your building...which looks fab by the way:thumb2:
Loving the door too:smiling4:
Happy new year to all the gang:thumb2:
Thank Si......... IC cooking tomorrow night, yearly meal with our neighbors. The bench is normally like that, one has to keep standards you know. Ever since I have been rejected from the Tidy Bench Club I've just given up :disappointed:

John, nice looking door. And the rest of this lot is coming on nicely. I'm surprised Matron has allowed you to play with sharp objects! :tongue-out3:LOL
Cheers, Rick H.
ps. Has Paul E. been playing at your bench again?

Ha Rick , I have special permission from Matron when it comes to sharp things. Though she has warned me that any lasp as last time ( too traumatic to talk about ) I will be in deep trouble !
Paul has set a very high standard to the cluttered bench look. I have had help in getting to this stage, it takes a great deal of time and effort. Most of it spent in trying to find something I just had ! :smiling2:
Thanks for looking in
John .