Paul
Just excellent work Dzohn. Have a happy! PaulE

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Building is looking really excellent although I am sad to see the bench has suffered in the process. As your work is so good you are forgiven - I will not contact management on this occasion.
Jim

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
The brickwork and plaster in the close-up pics are awesome John, just like they were real 1/1.:thumb2::thumb2:
Wooden floor has a great look too but knowing you I don’t expect any less.:tongue-out3:
Have a great New Year’s eve and a happy and healthy New Year to you and all.
ps. Love the look of the Bench of chaos.:smiling5:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just a quick look in before I start cooking a New Years Dinner for our neighbours.

Cracking building John :thumb2:
Thanks Simon .

Just excellent work Dzohn. Have a happy! PaulE
Thanks Buddy and the same to you.

Hi John
Building is looking really excellent although I am sad to see the bench has suffered in the process. As your work is so good you are forgiven - I will not contact management on this occasion.
Jim

Sir I have evidence of a clean up to show you, this was an instruction following a discussion with Management.It was rather one sided really with me answering yes.

The brickwork and plaster in the close-up pics are awesome John, just like they were real 1/1.:thumb2::thumb2:
Wooden floor has a great look too but knowing you I don’t expect any less.:tongue-out3:
Have a great New Year’s eve and a happy and healthy New Year to you and all.
ps. Love the look of the Bench of chaos.:smiling5:

That's kind of you to say Fernando and the same for you............. although the Bench of Chaos is no more this year !!!!!.

I give you .

_MG_4188.jpgT1.jpg
"My God " I can hear the cries of dismay from the gathered crowd,
To members of the Untidy Bench Club, fear not , it will be back to normal by the end of tomorrow. :smiling3:

The oven calls , good bye, enjoy to night and all the beast to each and every one for 2019.
Dzhon aka John

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Dzhon, the building is looking good, but the shock of the tidy bench...……..

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dzhon, the building is looking good, but the shock of the tidy bench...……..
Thanks Graeme, ............ I might never recover, at least I did find a suspension arm which I lost ,. Then made one up ! So that's gone in the spares box :flushed::smiling:
Dzhon

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
This is truly amazing john and apologies for coming to the party late , ive been so busy this year i miss a lot of stuff on the forum. The building looks totally knackered as is the intention , and its a pleasure to watch . What with yours and Rons its a wonder the pre made building companies ( miniart etc) havent put out a contract on you two to eliminate the ( far superior! ) competition! Happy new year cheers tony

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
John, if you said yes that means you got the last word in!
Well done on the brick work and Happy New Year!
Cheers, Rick H.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Slow down mate! I'm another year older now and I cant keep up:smiling5: Now what were you saying about a little prick on your fingers??

As always your architectural skills are second to none. It's been an absolute joy watching this piece of debris come together. When will the brick factory be starting up again??

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
This is truly amazing john and apologies for coming to the party late , ive been so busy this year i miss a lot of stuff on the forum. The building looks totally knackered as is the intention , and its a pleasure to watch . What with yours and Rons its a wonder the pre made building companies ( miniart etc) havent put out a contract on you two to eliminate the ( far superior! ) competition! Happy new year cheers tony

Thanks Tony, kind of you to say. It's mine and Ron's intention to take over the world of old buildings :smiling2:

John, if you said yes that means you got the last word in!
Well done on the brick work and Happy New Year!
Cheers, Rick H.

:smiling2::smiling2: thanks

Slow down mate! I'm another year older now and I cant keep up:smiling5: Now what were you saying about a little prick on your fingers??

As always your architectural skills are second to none. It's been an absolute joy watching this piece of debris come together. When will the brick factory be starting up again??

Hi mate , thanks . The brick factory will be working over time soon, I have to put the whole of rear of the building including the roof in a very small area, so large heaps. This time I'm doing the paving after I've marked out the debri. Not going to do a whole area and then cover it all up as in the past . Yes those pins are sharp !!! :flushed:
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening all . Hope you have all recovered from partying, being mad enough I don't partake innay drinks these days, and only when Matron says.:smiling:

Back to the bench late morning and set too making some more joists and then started on the joist supports. I've built nearly a complete roof framework and then snapped parts off here and there , keeping some for use on the ground. Going to have to make some large wall sections as well . With out further ado .

_MG_4189.jpgR1.jpg_MG_4190.jpgR2.jpg_MG_4191.jpgR3.jpg_MG_4193.JPG_MG_4194.jpgR4.jpg_MG_4195.jpgR5.jpg_MG_4196.JPG_MG_4197.JPG_MG_4198.jpgR6.jpg

Great fun ! only stuck some fingers together once. :smiling:.
Thanks for looking in , any comments welcome.
John .

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That is outstanding work sir. You are certainly surpassing yourself on this one. Are there any coffee stirrers left at your local Costa? I can imagine pictures on their walls warning staff to hide all stirrers when you see this man:smiling5::smiling5:. Looking forward to seeing the other wall sections. How do you get it to stick to the main base? Permission to carry on:smiling5::cool:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is outstanding work sir. You are certainly surpassing yourself on this one. Are there any coffee stirrers left at your local Costa? I can imagine pictures on their walls warning staff to hide all stirrers when you see this man:smiling5::smiling5:. Looking forward to seeing the other wall sections. How do you get it to stick to the main base? Permission to carry on:smiling5::cool:
Hi Mate...............thank you for those kind words. The joists were all made from Balsa, I still have about 1000 coffee stirrers in hand !
The whole building will be stuck to the foam board base using UHU POR
Will be a little rear wall , as the rest will be in rubble form.

Here is today's effort.
I need to have a ceiling in each room, so using some good quality card I cut 2 sections that fitted the opening. Marked out the loist spaces on a piece of card then transferred to the main card. Once that was done the ceiling joists were CA'd to the card.

With that done I whetted the card and scribed a fault line. As the water soaked it I was able to ease the two sections apart, also scribed some more lines in between the joists attempting to give a wattle look . I think some careful painting may do the trick. Once that was done I used a hair dryer to quickly remove the excess water , before e the joists all fell off. :smiling3:

The photos were taken in the kitchen hence the difference in the light.

_MG_4199.jpgR1.jpg_MG_4200.jpgR2.jpg_MG_4201.JPG_MG_4201.jpgR3.jpg_MG_4202.jpgR4.jpg
Once painted this section will be glued into place, the small part will lay on the debris. Bricks have been started, a hand full of single bricks and a selection of broken sections.These will all have to touched up with mortar and varying colors before placing.

Hope you like and please comment.
John.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
As I can’t think of any superlatives other than SUPERB work John, very neat to take in where the debris will fall in the build planning.:thumb2::smiling:
Looking forward to see the ceiling in, any colours planned for it?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It is a very tidy wreck...what's a wattle?
Cheers, Rick H.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As I can’t think of any superlatives other than SUPERB work John, very neat to take in where the debris will fall in the build planning.:thumb2::smiling:
Looking forward to see the ceiling in, any colours planned for it?

Hi Fernando............. Thanks , think the ceiling would have been white , the building is based on a small office type structure used by officials . Any grander then it would have had loads of fancy cornice and beadings in the Gothic Style that was prevelant accross Europe . Although there were much more modern buildings designs I prefer to model that stone clad look that is often seen on the wide streets and has the look of a bank .

Pretty damn amazing work John.

Thank you Peter........... I feel more confident doing buildings !

John - a very nicly ruined building. Great job.

Peter
Hi Peter thanks for looking in and for your kind comment.

It is a very tidy wreck...what's a wattle?
Cheers, Rick H.
Hi Rick .
Wattle in the true sense is a term used to describe a mixture of thin branches wovern together and then having mud / clay pushed into it to make a wall . This was referred to as Wattle and Daub .
I used it to describe the way the ceiling would have been produced before the advent of plasterboard.
Lath ( strips of thin timber) or thin branches would be nailed to the joists, then the plaster would be forced in-between the gaps in the lath, branches and built up to form the ceiling . Plaster in those days was made with Lime and sand .
Certainly weather proof and was also used for exterior rendering .
John .

Thanks for looking in

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Wonderful work John, the timbers look excellent. Particularly like how the floor boards look, but where are the skirting boards, I’m surprised you didn’t add them :smiling5:
But seriously, I just couldn’t stop looking at the pictures over and over.
seriously impressed...too stuff:thumb2: