'Close Contact' - WIP

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
The master at work......a truly amazing build and a pleasure to watch it come together.

First Name
Charles
I have been working on the figures for some weeks now, on and off, when the time permits. It has not been easy as I have re-done camo paints many times over. There have been times I just wanted to give up. I now have immense respect for figure builders. It is the most difficult form of modeling that I know of. Getting the right skin tone is still an issue for me, as well camo painting. But I will get there one way or the other. It will take time. I have read many articles and continue to study the different variations one can achieve. But I am not going to compete with figure builders just as long my figures do not look like a 3rd grader as painted them, I am fine.

So here is the results of my attempts at getting this camo painting job to look right. So far I am OK with the results after several weeks of trying to get it right. I still have four more USMC figures to do. More sweat and tears but the battle continues... I still have more details to add to the actual diorama.

--------------------------

---------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dude, that's just...greatness at work again:smiling3:

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
well to me on the 1st one you have done looks ,good , and like the box art, but i do know were your coming from as they no easy way around ,

the whole thing looks great and i real do like it,sitting outside looks so real and life like

First Name
Charles
Thank you Lee and Monica. It ain't easy but I will get there with lots of trails and errors

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
yes it is, i have been doing the very same thing for weeks with my ones the uniforms

are ok to me for being only the 2rd ones I have done in 1.35, but the faces is whats beating me up,

and i real do think all off your figures are great , and very well painted, :D

First Name
Charles
Thanks Monica. But we will get there one way or the other.

First Name
Charles
Well, things have been progressing slowly as you all know. Less time for building due to everything around the family. But I do a little each time I get a chance. Here are some pics of the roof details and little additions I have added so far. Made some water tanks and piping taken from my box of tricks. The concrete support blocks were made from the same pink material, Styrofoam

Remember, I am trying to do everything on a budget without putting holes in my pockets. I added a small generator from odd pieces from my bag of tricks. AS long as it looks the part, I am fine with it. Not a huge difference but details none-the-less. Will be doing some painting and refining of the details as I go along. I also added electrical cables around the building in a some-what sloppy manner as I was told this is common over there. More details still to come. A couple more Satellite dishes and what-nots.

I have just bought another set of USMC soldiers and awaiting Tamiya paints. I lost the right arm of Blast resin figured I had already painted. It got lost in the snow. Could not find it since then. So, here we go again for another round of painting figures. DAMN!!! I'm getting tired of this.

Oh well. So sorry if you were expecting my next update to be figures but these things happen, for some, more often than others. More weathering on the facade will be in order as well.

Decided to repaint the cargo bay of the pickup, white and added extra armor to the sides to make it more interesting:

Lee W

Rum before 10 makes you a pirate not an alcoholic
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek: Jaw dropping stuff, totally outstanding work...again!!!:cool: ;)

Lee;)

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
fantastic work real like all the exert added detail, and your scratch making/building is superb :rolleyes:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Amazing detail, they have been drinking and driving, tut tut

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Wow this is awesome looks like a scene from a blockbuster film great layout looking forward to the finish top job so far well done

Z

Ziper_it

Superb Charles.

It really looks real, excellent building and painting.

Francesco