Dzhon Race. TIGER 1 Tamiya 1/35

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
570 Really ! Well I'm now totally confused ?and or mad !

Welcome to the wild, wacky and wonderful world that is Tiger 1 wheel configuration.... :upside:

As the saying goes 'you're not the first and won't be the last' who gets confused!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi all, thanks for the advice. I'd not glued them on, just need to add the sprockets as I build it up.
As long as the layout is right I shall redo, but adding the sprokets.
Correct ?

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You've got them the right way around, by the looks of it. The easiest way to assemble them, in my limited experience of building Tigers, is to first put all the wheels B8 on, on one side of the tank. Then, put the sprocket and one 《b》 set on together, followed by the other 《b》 sets and the idler. Then do the 《a》 sets, and finally, the loose wheels B6.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John
This is coming along 'wheely' well :tongue-out3: The old ones are still the best!
Jim
Well as as one I can agree :smiling2: .

You've got them the right way around, by the looks of it. The easiest way to assemble them, in my limited experience of building Tigers, is to first put all the wheels B8 on, on one side of the tank. Then, put the sprocket and one 《b》 set on together, followed by the other 《b》 sets and the idler. Then do the 《a》 sets, and finally, the loose wheels B6.
Thanks Jakko.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Grateful. I'll get them on now.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks guys, still having problems though
The first set of wheels , on one pin.

IMG_20191018_205640664.jpg
The wheels fits fully on .
In the other end the wheel goes on up to the collar.
As below

IMG_20191018_205714607.jpg

Now if it only goes on to the point of the collar, then the sproket is out of line.
Is the one in the first photo correct please.
To be trueful I'm getting rather frustrated and p***d off at the moment, just taken all week to get this far.
Don't seem to have the mojo.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Hi John, it looks like the first picture is the first set of wheels at the sprocket end, in which case, a pair of wheels go on there but they may have to go on with the sprocket, ie. wheels between the sprocket 'gears'.
The second picture is either wrong way round or the wrong wheel! I think the wheel you used for the first picture is the right one for the last wheel station.
I've had the same problem on a Panther & they have less wheels.....

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks, well I'll have another look in the morning.
Can't believe that I can't grasp this
That left hand wheel is glued on I bet, and used VMS fast set.
Off to try and remove the wheel .
Thanks

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening John,

Sorry for not spotting you where having difficulty :confused: I have this exact kit on the bench and all my wheels are off so I can maybe send you a video of them being put on? Any good?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Mornin mate!!

I hope you had a good nights sleep dreaming about Tiger wheels. Now you know why you luv Russian vehicles so much.

Right then mate lets walk you through this. First off the destructions

IMG_0473.JPG

As with the instructions we are going to do the side closest to you so position your hull like so

IMG_0477.JPG

Now I am sure you have noticed all your wheels are marked with their individual sprue numbers. So if you get your number 8 wheels we will put these on first. Notice how the short end of the axle is at the back and the long end is facing you.

IMG_0478.JPGIMG_0479.JPG

Next stick on your sprockett and your rear idler. Dont leave to dry as it is a bit of a tight fit with the next set of wheels by the sprocket. My sprocket is a bit of a mish mash so ignore the detail

IMG_0482.JPG

You would have made up some sets of two wheels together. You need the ones that were made up of wheels 12 and 11 and look like this

IMG_0480.JPGIMG_0481.JPG

Start next to the sprokett and add each set of two on alternate axles. This time make sure the long bit of the axle is towards the hull and the short end is facing you. Stick on all four sets.

IMG_0483.JPGIMG_0486.JPGIMG_0487.JPG

Next grab the other sets of two wheels which were made up of wheels 5 and 7

IMG_0488.JPGIMG_0489.JPG

Add these onto the very first set of wheels you put on - wheel 8. Stick on all four sets. When doing this you will notice you now have two long axles joined together.

IMG_0490.JPGIMG_0491.JPGIMG_0492.JPG

Finally you should just have four wheels left - wheel 6.

IMG_0493.JPG

Add these to set 12 and 11 with both the long axles facing each other. Stick on all four alternately as you have done with all the other sets

IMG_0495.JPGIMG_0497.JPGIMG_0498.JPG

Right thats the easy bit. Now do the other side:smiling2::smiling5:

Cash payments made in the usual way to Scotties safe deposit box. Remember white envelope please as the brown envelopes have been nabbed by Scottie

Steve

P.S Sorry Si. Crossed posts. I hope you didnt mind

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve, wow.:smiling3::smiling3::smiling3:
Even just looking through the instructions has returned the mojo.
Right, another coffee and then an attempt.
Bless you, really clear, so clear even I should be able to do it .
Photos later.
:blow-kiss-2::blow-kiss-2: Johnny

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Evening John,

Sorry for not spotting you where having difficulty :confused: I have this exact kit on the bench and all my wheels are off so I can maybe send you a video of them being put on? Any good?
Thanks Si.
Pm sent .