Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry, that engine looks to be a test of the nervous system.......I see you are making inroads though, keep it coming Sir.:thumb2: Rick H.
Hi Rick, yes, it's a case of work on it until the hands start to shake, then take a break, then pluck up courage to get back to it - I honestly don't think that I've ever done a model that drills down this small, including some of the bikes (with pistons that move!)
Going on well Gerry. Little and often seems to be the best way forward.
Yes, only way that it seems that I can get on with it - hopefully it'll be worth it, as it's certainly 'eye-strain city' doing this, just glad that I'm not dependent on the 'helping hand' magnifying lens (even though I'm tempted to try to use that as well as the glasses!) :smiling5:

Last edited:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
Really coming together beautifully.
Jim
Thanks Jim, hopefully I'll do it justice, must admit that I'm liking the fact that there's several of these engine parts that are carpet monster food - there's a spare of each, as they supply 6 parts for a 5 cylinder engine! :thumb2: ;) :smiling5:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Excellent work Gerry!!! Love the skis and the fine etch work. After those, the motor should be a breeze.....If all else fails, a cold one usually helps the nerves!!!....

Prost
Allen
Thanks, the motor has some 'fine' bits, even smaller than the ski springs, so it's a case of do a bit, have a rest! (Daren't have a cold one so far, but looking like I'll be there in a little while!;):thumb2:
Gerry missed some of this so had a catch up .
Not much going on, just finding more tiny bits, and realising that I've painted some the wrong colour!:confused:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
The motor is slowly getting there - would've been helpful if the instructions actually showed that there was a 'correct placement' of the first two cylinders:worried:
IMG_20220317_204506_275.jpg
IMG_20220317_204531_959.jpg
IMG_20220317_204545_461.jpg
And yes, the engine is sitting on top of a pair of tweezers!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Tiny little thing, ain't it.:tongue-out3:....small wonder, you are going blind! Rick H.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Tiny little thing, ain't it.:tongue-out3:....small wonder, you are going blind! Rick H.
It's certainly the reason it's taking so long - spend an hour on it, then have to take longer for the eyes to 'get back to normal' - rewarding though, until I realised that the fuel and oil pipes would've been copper, and not steel - duh! :angry:
With the engine as prominently visible as on this vehicle, that fiddly detail at least won’t be going to waste :smiling3:
True, and as it's on full view, any mistakes I make are going to be fully visible! Eek! :smiling5: :smiling5:

The destruction sheet would have you assemble the pipes to the cylinders then attach to the crankcase - tried that with the first one, but have swapped it round to cylinders attached, then the pipework - seems easier. ;)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wow Gerry, I take back my prescription for for the nerves Sir. I am upping to 3 cold ones now!!! The cylinders do look good though. Slow and steady...........

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The engine is the beesnez man. It will bring the aerosan up another level.
Are you trying to simulate what you see on the photographs you've taken...blimey with that kind of focus I take my hat off for your persistence in detailing. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Wow Gerry, I take back my prescription for for the nerves Sir. I am upping to 3 cold ones now!!! The cylinders do look good though. Slow and steady...........

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, I won't get your prescription tonight (I'm working until the early hours) might leave until the end, and have the case of 12!;):thumb2::smiling5:
The engine is the beesnez man. It will bring the aerosan up another level.
Are you trying to simulate what you see on the photographs you've taken...blimey with that kind of focus I take my hat off for your persistence in detailing. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
Thanks Richard - must admit that I do tend to get bogged down in detailing (keep looking at the screw heads on the crankcases:anguished::cold-sweat: - hopefully I'll resist the temptation) but at least this build has a time limit, so might not be so fanatic.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
That engine is superb. Great work on this quirky vehicle.
Jim
Thanks Jim, still got 2 cylinders and the pushrods/rockers for all 5 left to do, so plenty of opportunity to wreck it - though will be trying my best not to!:smiling5:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Today's update - fiddly bits united!
Starting by getting the last of the cylinders, pipework and exhausts on, then the pushrods and rockers get fitted.
IMG_20220322_181809_550.jpg
The dynamo gets assembled (4 parts!) and painted.IMG_20220322_181828_284.jpg
Then it's fitted and lined up with the prop.IMG_20220322_183943_648.jpg
Jumped a few stages, engine fitted! PE belt for the dynamo was fitted and painted prior to the prop being fitted.
IMG_20220322_194754_255.jpg
IMG_20220322_194805_419.jpg
IMG_20220322_194832_518.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks great Gerry….well worn, just like my lawnmower….

• Haha
Reactions: JR