Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Try copper finished with matt varnish tinted slightly green…should dull them down nicely…obviously practice first :thumb2:
Thanks, hadn't thought of that - might not do it on this one, but I've a couple more (un-armoured) that might get the treatment - when I pluck up the courage after this one!

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looks awesome Gerry.
Thanks Lee, all I can say, is that if I'd have realised that I'd be assembling this by holding parts with tweezers while using another set of tweezers to position the next part, I might well have gone and bought a tank!;) and still it goes on, got a 3 part headlight coming up, plus the door handle to be fitted!:thumb2:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Lee, all I can say, is that if I'd have realised that I'd be assembling this by holding parts with tweezers while using another set of tweezers to position the next part, I might well have gone and bought a tank!;) and still it goes on, got a 3 part headlight coming up, plus the door handle to be fitted!:thumb2:
Yes Gerry, it’s certainly fiddly, but it will look much more interesting on the shelf than just another T34…..

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Again, the KV-7 is something unusual rather than a T34:thumb2:;)
Yep, it shows how not to design a breakthrough tank if nothing else Gerry
:smiling5:

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry
Coming on very well. Neat, tidy build. Really doing this kit credit.
Jim
Thanks Jim - must admit that there is certain parts with the kit that I'm not really happy with (mainly because some parts are so fragile that I daren't do much cleaning up of mold lines etc. (tried a few, but ended up with more parts than I started with, probably down to a fairly brittle plastic and no patience/too heavy handed)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Will you still keep your sanity to finish this build after that???

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Looking good Gerry, the effort you're putting in is making a big improvement to the basic kit.:thumb2:
Thanks - though all I'm doing is the 'basic kit', didn't buy any extras for it at all (not sure if anyone offers anything for these!)