Gerry's Trumpeter 1/35 Armoured Aerosan

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks - though all I'm doing is the 'basic kit', didn't buy any extras for it at all (not sure if anyone offers anything for these!)
From what I’ve seen you do with what’s in the box Gerry, they probably don’t need to.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Gerry,
Looking very nice mate the extra details on the motor have added an extra layer.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
From what I’ve seen you do with what’s in the box Gerry, they probably don’t need to.
Thanks Tim, I do, however know my limits and skill levels, at the moment I'm nowhere near the standard of a lot of folks on here (hopefully learning and improving though!)
Gerry,
Looking very nice mate the extra details on the motor have added an extra layer.
Those details are what are slowing me up - seems like it takes forever to just get a 'section' done.:thumb2:

Still, onto painting the next parts needed (first coat or two) - the door handle is going to be fun, daren't take it off the sprue until I'm needing it!
Base white
IMG_20220328_210737_306.jpg
Then the 'wear' down to the 'metal' done
IMG_20220328_213236_124.jpg
Daren't try to paint that after it's fitted!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Blimey, that’s a bit small Gerry. I think I’d be tempted to file one up out of wire. It will be easier than getting that off the sprue without issues.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Blimey, that’s a bit small Gerry. I think I’d be tempted to file one up out of wire. It will be easier than getting that off the sprue without issues.
I think that I'll give it a whirl from the sprue - wouldn't have lost anything if it doesn't work/feeds the carpet monster/becomes 2 or 3 bits (though was tempted with a bit of wire myself)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Gerry

Sorry for behind on this. That's turning out very nicely indeed.

Very well done.

ATB.

Andrew

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gerry
Very small parts for a very small vehicle. As you say give it a go and if it doesn't work you've always got the wire option.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Jim - must admit that there is certain parts with the kit that I'm not really happy with (mainly because some parts are so fragile that I daren't do much cleaning up of mold lines etc. (tried a few, but ended up with more parts than I started with, probably down to a fairly brittle plastic and no patience/too heavy handed)
Sometimes I would do the cleanup after I have stuck the components together. They would be much stronger.

Cheers,
Richard.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Gerry

Sorry for behind on this. That's turning out very nicely indeed.

Very well done.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, think that it's me that's getting behind on this - hopefully it's the end of April and not the beginning of April that the build lasts until;)
Hi Gerry
Very small parts for a very small vehicle. As you say give it a go and if it doesn't work you've always got the wire option.
Jim
Yes Jim, lots of very small parts - first model for me where I'm assembling several areas with 2 sets of tweezers!:flushed:
Sometimes I would do the cleanup after I have stuck the components together. They would be much stronger.

Cheers,
Richard.
Hello Richard,
Must admit that I did that with the dynamo, all 4 parts were glued, allowed to set, then cleaned up, but the springs on the skis (brakes?) are still as fragile as before being assembled (and harder to repair - don't ask!), the engine pipework/exhausts and pushrods/rockers are just too tightly fitting to get the tools in to scrape/file/cut, all I could really do was to get them as close as possible before assembly and pray that it's not too noticeable on the finished 6" (15cm?) long (maximum) model:anguished:;)

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Tim, having given it a bit of thought, might well go the wire route (unless I decide to go with 'buttoned up') as there isn't a handle for inside - original plan was to have the door open, which will need a handle on the inside as well, might leave for a little bit and give it some more thought.:thinking:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Gerry, really look at the real stuff 'cos some might just come with seamlines from their own mold. We sometimes think everything needs scraping and smoothening but might not need to. Perhaps the springs could have been replaced with wrapped wire.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Gerry, really look at the real stuff 'cos some might just come with seamlines from their own mold. We sometimes think everything needs scraping and smoothening but might not need to. Perhaps the springs could have been replaced with wrapped wire.

Cheers,
Richard
Richard, think that trying to find the "real stuff" might be fun - not even sure how many would have survived, given how they were built - possibly some around though!:thinking:
I like to get the mold and the sprue marks off, but if I can't, then hopefully they aren't too noticeable.;)
The springs are TINY!! Yes, could probably have made wire versions, and used a 0.1 (or smaller) pin to wrap round.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Decided to go with the supplied door handle, but with a little twist of a 'latch' on the inside (small piece of PE cut and trimmed with a small twist on the end)
IMG_20220329_204301_089~2.jpg

IMG_20220329_204318_729~2.jpg
Turret is getting there - PE attached round the edge
IMG_20220329_204318_729.jpg
and the final piece of PE (machine gun foresight) is attached!
IMG_20220329_203852_431.jpg
On the 'home straight' now, turret and machine gun needs painting then gentle weathering (if I can do it before the April deadline):thumb2:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Really intense work there Gerry!!! Don't you just love the tiny bits....Seriously though, you are doing a fine job Sir!!! You are almost there and I'm sure you'll finish this in plenty of time. Keep it coming........

Prost
Allen

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Really intense work there Gerry!!! Don't you just love the tiny bits....Seriously though, you are doing a fine job Sir!!! You are almost there and I'm sure you'll finish this in plenty of time. Keep it coming........

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, having a little break from the magnifiers at the moment (seems to be the biggest drawback for me - my eyes aren't as young as they were!)

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Decided to go with the supplied door handle, but with a little twist of a 'latch' on the inside (small piece of PE cut and trimmed with a small twist on the end)
View attachment 449739

View attachment 449740
Turret is getting there - PE attached round the edge
View attachment 449742
and the final piece of PE (machine gun foresight) is attached!
View attachment 449743
On the 'home straight' now, turret and machine gun needs painting then gentle weathering (if I can do it before the April deadline):thumb2:
No Sweat Gerry........Deadline is April 30th!! Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great idea, I was thinking a small base for one of mine as well.....time will tell.;)