Hi all

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
My loving memory of the RB199 is wearing the kidney belts on engine runs, the smell of the burnt avtur (lovely) and watching the diamonds in the reheat at night (joyous)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Ed. Just notice you worked on 3 Sqn Majors. Was that at Saints?

First Name
Edward
A warm welcome to the forum, Ed.

I think you are very greedy now that you have TWO bridges to use!

Join in and have fun - We do.

Ron
Thank you Ron :smiling3:

Only one bridge is open to traffic but that's a sore subject to locals and I rarely use the new one as my work takes me to Manchester when I'm not working from home.

First Name
Edward
Hi Ed welcome to the group. I'm a big fan of Jags and the Kitty Hawk builds up nice but does put up a fight. Look forward to seeing it. My effort but still needs a RAF pilot
View attachment 401738
Thank you and that's a great looking model. I saw groundcrew in the cockpit of Jags more often than jockeys as they were always breaking them.

First Name
Edward
Ed,
a lot has happened in the last 30 years to the modelling world - new materials, new makers and a choice of subjects that is truly amazing.
There's a wide range of modellers here, and just a query will give you friendly advice & help.
Welcome to the forum!
Dave
Thanks Dave. I have to admit, the models I'm seeing today are something else. The one thing that I have noticed more than anything is the weathering techniques. My models used to look like they just rolled out of the painters, but I'm ok with that as most of the jets I worked on were in for majors and had a refinish programmed in. The accuracy does blow me away though I have to say.

First Name
Edward
Welcome to the forum. Ex-Rigger here. Nice to see the old Junior Technician badge in the profile pic :smiling3:
Another heavy ... can't have too many heavies I always say. What did you work on may I ask?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Another heavy ... can't have too many heavies I always say. What did you work on may I ask?

Jet Provost, VC10 C.MkI/ K2/K3, Tonka GR1 & 4 and lastly Nimrod. Also spent a bit of time on VASS and did cross-servicings on F-16, Mirage 2000 and some Dutch jet

First Name
Edward
HI welcome from me as well an just to warn you that i know Mick made a cracking build of his jag an i like very much but i bought one an it was one of the worst fitting kits i ever built an i had to do major surgery on it to get it to fit like mick says it does put up a fight to build an i wont ever buy a k/h kit again
all best chris
Thanks Chris, :sad: I think - back in at the deep end it seems.