Langy's 'The Mekon', 1/16 scale figure by Mooncrest models.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It seems a little to the yellow side, if I'm any judge. But going off the comic book color, just a wee bit of darker green to soften it up a bit might tend to make it pop. I love the work on the eyes they really express that "sinister" look that is portrayed in the pulp pages! well done Chris!

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
That’s starting to look very good. The seam isn’t as obvious as I had feared, and that bright green is sure to draw attention :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks guys, I'm really enjoying this build,

As for colouring, I'm basing it around the Ian Kennedy Mekon..(as that was the one I grew up with..)... the link below shows how he used to go about drawing /painting his version.. it's well worth a look..

Ian Kennedy's Mekon

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry Chris, I'm playing ketchup on your 'Melon' build here. I can vaguely remember something about Mekon and his escapades, but I'm not sure.......Anyway, you are doing a big job and the colors are really great!!! You must be having a good time too, Buddy!!! Can't wait to see the finish and more of those evil eyes...

Prost
Allen

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
This looks really, really good. I was a bit sceptical as it was potentially just going to be lots of boring green, but you've got the variation in tones and shades beautifully - tons more interest than I expected. And the seam is much less intrusive too. Good job!

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Gonna be a bit of a delay on this, as my father passed away last night after week in hospital, so my head isn't really in the game in the minute,

but I will get back to it as I'm gonna finish this 'In memoriam' to him as he got me into Dan Dare all the way back in the early eighties...

back soon