Langy's 'The Mekon', 1/16 scale figure by Mooncrest models.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Gonna be a bit of a delay on this, as my father passed away last night after week in hospital, so my head isn't really in the game in the minute,

but I will get back to it as I'm gonna finish this 'In memoriam' to him as he got me into Dan Dare all the way back in the early eighties...

back soon
Oh no,So sorry to hear this Chris!
Obviously our thoughts are with you mate, not much more I can say.
..... see you when you feel right to come back ;)

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Thanks for the nice words and thoughts guys,
It's still 'raw' but practical arrangements are helping to 'settle' things in my head..(funny thing is though, I realised yesterday I hadn't eaten anything for three days...)

Needed a bit of time yesterday to 'switch off' from things, so I thought I'd have a crack at The Mekon's outfit..
gonna try to come up with a way of post shading the lilac to create some depth in the folds of the fabric, maybe a light coat of slightly darker lilac... I'm not too sure if this would work thought...(maybe i should have pre shaded it a bit.).. or maybe I could dry brush the edges with white.... any thoughts ?

IMG_8033.jpg

IMG_8035.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Chris
One way is to follow this image…
8B5AE050-9144-44A0-A0CF-6071F238C815.jpeg
As you can see, the shadows have blue added to them and the highlights are more red. You should be able to do that using your base lilac colour and adding the relevant colours. Remember shadows occur on the underside of creases away from the light, and highlights occur on the faces of the creases pointing directly at the light. You can’t really use washes at this scale, it will just look wrong.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
THE Mekon is lookin good chris an jen an i hope you feel better
chrisb an jen

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well, In between 'Legal stuff' today I had an attempt at shading the lilac,

trust me it's more pronounced in 'real' life...(the inside of the sleeve shows it best) but it'll do for now.

IMG_8036.jpg

IMG_8037.jpg

colour enhanced to pick out the details,
Saturated.jpg

Last edited:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well guys,
Dad has carried out his 'final journey', and now the reality of 'normal life' begins to settle back into things..just one final thing to deal with 'the scattering of his ashes' in his home town of Scarborough...

So I managed to have some down time and made more progress with this build.. Got him assembled and he's literally finished, just a couple of things to deal with, so over the next couple of days I'll calling this build complete and he'll take up his rightful place in our living room...

IMG_8061.jpg

The sleeve repair came out better than I expected..
IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8066.jpg

IMG_8063.jpg