Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No complaints from me on this Richard....I wouldn't even know where to start on something like this.

ATB.

Andrew

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
I wish l could work resin like that....well done absolutely amaizing

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Nice "gun collection" Richard! :thumb2: ;) Rick H.
If it were only in 1:1 scale Rick.

No complaints from me on this Richard....I wouldn't even know where to start on something like this.

ATB.

Andrew
Andrew, my only complaint is if only I could see the outcome before the casting to know what to correct.

I wish l could work resin like that....well done absolutely amaizing
Thanks Greg, I think you can.

Hi Richard
Those look to have worked well.
Jim
Ah Jim, the second batch turned out better with just a bubble to fill in one of the butt stocks...much easier than the barrels.

20211108_182232.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys, remember this? Well I have given it a dusting of PRU blue with the airbrush in a cloud pattern...
E7.jpg

...and painted the tyres in Nato black. The commercial masking tape over the windshield had been on for a number of years and left a hard crusty layer of glue which I removed with Mr Thinner as it doesn't attack plastic. That done I will remask with Tamiya tape and proceed with a layer of varnish before weathering. There won't be much as it has just been allocated to the unit and repainted...perhaps some mud and rain stains and olive drab bits showing through scuffing of edges.
20220311_141426.jpg

At this time the Jungle Police contingent had their vehicles in a very dark blue and were remnants from Allied forces. The surprising thing is this is American and not British issue. Haven't referenced why we had this particular US equipment and I'm guessing its surplus left overs. Most pictures are in B/W so can't tell if they were in olive drab or dark blue. I'm sticking with dark blue.

I'm temporarily working on this while figuring out the ropes on the USS Constipation.

Cheers,
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Good to see you back at the bench with this one Richard.:thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
I'd forgotten this. I like the idea of blue - makes it a bit different. Glad the windscreen cleaned up. Don't leave masking on for years :smiling: :rolling:
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Good to see you back at the bench with this one Richard.:thumb2:
Hi Graeme, me too. I had to do something than the Constipation before I go berserk. :smiling6:
Hi Richard
I'd forgotten this. I like the idea of blue - makes it a bit different. Glad the windscreen cleaned up. Don't leave masking on for years :smiling: :rolling:
Jim
Yeh Jim, its been left idle for a few months...got to check if the streams run dry. :tears-of-joy: Odd trying to weather blue. Lucky me the glue was brittle and came off easily.
Richard,
Good to see you back again or have I just missed your posts.
Scottie, no you haven't missed anything, even the snail took a double take when he went by. :tears-of-joy:

Don't know if you can see any difference but I just sealed the base coat and added some dark tones to the corners and recessed areas.
20220313_161902.jpg20220313_161945.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi guys,
Taking a break from the USS Constitution I worked on the sphagnum moss base as a covering before adding the other foliage for body and variation...
20220318_181554.jpg20220318_181654.jpg20220318_181705.jpg20220318_181720.jpgA bit of a mess at the moment. Once I've covered everything I will undercoat it in black. This will act as the contrast shadows deep in the vegetation.
I have decided to replace the thread vines with wire as they would be more adjustable. The threads are too light to conform to weight and gravity so are kind of stringy. Not what I want.
I will add string husk further up the sphagnum for the tree leaves and connect them with the tree wires.
Generally everything will be plonked on and trimmed later. So expect a bit of afro. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Great to see this again Richard. I take it your a regular Bloomin' Botanist with all this fine greenery you're playing with right now. Very nice work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great to see this again Richard. I take it your a regular Bloomin' Botanist with all this fine greenery you're playing with right now. Very nice work Sir!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, SWMBO has the green fingers...I'm just the mover.
Great gardening going on there Richard.
Jim
Thanks Jim, had to do a bit as was worried the water would run out. :smiling6: Also the cats keep getting at the paper foliage and go missing before I can get all done.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Cats!! They are always into things.....you can't leave something for five minutes and they're on it! Curious critters. ;) all looking good Richard, glad you're back at this. :thumb2: Rick H.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Cats!! They are always into things.....you can't leave something for five minutes and they're on it! Curious critters. ;) all looking good Richard, glad you're back at this. :thumb2: Rick H.
Thanks Rick, no cats here at the LHS doing my usual building with the guys most Saturdays.
Richard,
Good to see this back on the go.
I'm glad too Scottie.

At the LHS I managed to complete the sphagnum moss base after removing the tree for easy access. I gave the bridge a coat of Olive Drab base with a little pre shading. ..
20220319_182143.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

Wonder why there's two sign offs :thinking:

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Richard
Getting better and better.
Jim
Yes Jim, with the addition of the sphagnum moss the jungle is taking shape. I now have to concentrate on the top canopy before applying the rest of the foliage detail.

Cheers,
Richard