Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Richard, I think you are too modest when it comes to your gardening skills, you have this one sorted.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looking good Richard, I think you are too modest when it comes to your gardening skills, you have this one sorted.
Thanks Graeme, I have only done one other jungle dio so drawing experience from that one although its been 10 years since.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Besides the batch of jungle foliage I have shown, I found more in my stash box that was high up on the shelves...
20220320_222704.jpg
All these were found at a decorative plant shop that stocked real life sized replicas. Searched in the miniature section. The down side is that you have to buy them in large packages...good thing they weren't too expensive.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Those plants look good Richard. Just goes to show that us modellers need to keep our eyes open for useful stuff in unlikely places.
Jim
I guess our second hobby is called something similar to foraging or collecting garbage. :tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Lovely work mate. An aquarium shop can be a useful sauce of vegetation.
Thanks Scottie, the local aquarium shops here stock the most artificial plants. Most fish enthusiast buy the live plants. Have you ever seen pink plants? :smiling6:
Anyway here's another pix...this is still only 50%.
20220321_020015.jpg
Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
looking really good there!
Thanks Gerry, apologies for the late reply.

Added more monkey base heads and wire arms to the armature. I've started positioning the legs to one of the armatures.
20220402_224001.jpg
The heads will be sculpted to resemble Macaques...the most abundant primate in our jungles. Slowly their habitat is disappearing and nearing endangered. I'm doing the smaller long tailed species. I hope they turn out like monkeys.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Some great gardening there Richard
Thanks Mick, I do the miniatures SWMBO does 1:1 scale. :smiling6:
Looks like a "Head" shop Richard.....all you need now is a little psychadelic music in the back ground! :smiling5: Rick H.
I actually have a few shrunken and tide up in my Longhouse. :tears-of-joy:
Hi Richard
First time I've seen a modeller make monkeys. I've seen people paint figures which look like monkeys though :smiling:
Jim
Jim, if I botch this up I still hope they look like monkeys. :smiling2:
Richard
A great idea with the monkeys. I can safely say I have never seen a scratched primate before.
It's a first for me too Scottie.

Cheers,
Richard

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Hi Richard
First time I've seen a modeller make monkeys. I've seen people paint figures which look like monkeys though :smiling:
Jim
Ah, you've seen my figures then!:surprised:

Will watch with interest, wouldn't have thought of that if it was mine!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard,

Sorry for behind on this. Very, very well done indeed so far. Will love to see how the Macaques turn out.

ATB.

Andrew