Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nothing short of an early award the committee thinks .Twice in recent weeks the committee have awarded the Dogs for an unfinished kit, due to the excellent scratchery it deserves it fully .

The Dogs_0.jpg THE DOGS 2 MOD.png
Congratulations Richard .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Impressive work Richard. Very enjoyable watching this come together.
Very fine work, your eyesight is far better than mine (even with the magnifiers) I'd be losing bits left, right and centre!
Thanks Jim and Gerry, apologies for the late reply...been working on a Spit.
I've had my fair share of lost bits. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Wow Richard that is some top notch scratching. Certainly enhances your great build
Nothing short of an early award the committee thinks .Twice in recent weeks the committee have awarded the Dogs for an unfinished kit, due to the excellent scratchery it deserves it fully .

View attachment 463804
Congratulations Richard .
Thank you Mick and John,
If I don't finish this soon the jungle would overgrow. Thanks for the premature award.

Cheers,
Richard

• Love
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
September is long ways away and I've got some jungle fever coming on...
I've begun remasking the stream and tarring the road to level with the bridge. Somehow it has risen about 1.5mm.
20221205_144001.jpg20221205_144209.jpg
Then I selected some of the artificial plants that I had given a base coat of paint...
20221210_175914.jpg
And then populated the left hand portion of the diorama carefully and strategically placing the new vegetation and securing with Uhu glue.
20221210_175845.jpg
This was done at my LHS yesterday.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Wabble , glad this is back. Love the vegetation, are you sure you haven't borrowed some from the good ladies fine garden !!!! Any chance of the chef producing some fine Malay snacks ?

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR is right Richard.....those plants look like they just came out of the green house! Keep on wabbling along with this and you'll soon have it finished. ;)

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
You need to create a vegetation masterclass for us poor unfortunates mate!
Steve

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thanks Guys, it's great revisiting this build. It can be a bit messy and needs a large working space for the fall out. Best to spread some newspaper (ever heard of that medium?) underneath to catch the debris.
SWMBO's garden is safe for now until I start on the banana trees and bamboo. The rest of the paraphernalia comes from my box of moss and lichen. This time I found some aquarium vegetation that works but had to get rid of the phsychedelic colors of red and orange.
I have good reference just a few yards away or a short trip up the hills for the appropriate terrain. Finishing is still months away. Have made a deadline for June.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
That DIY bamboos are amazing and such a simple solution! Brilliant!

Andrea
I think I'm being "Bamboozled" here!!........outstanding job on these Mr. Wabble! :tongue-out3: :thumb2: ;)
Amazing and bamboozled...thanks Andy and Rick.
Let's see the results of the bamboo wip shall we.
Stuck them into some putty and got them organised. Bamboo is actually giant grass and propagate via roots so they kind of clump and spread. Sought of like this...
20221216_125514.jpg20221216_125647.jpg
I had it sprayed in grey, yellow and white primer. Then sprayed Tamiya dark green in between the sections. Jungle bamboo trunks are green and not like the ornamental yellow ones seen in Chinese restaurants. Those are the dwarf ones.
20221217_003332.jpg20221217_003432.jpg
I will dry brush and detail the ribs further after I attach the leaves.
20221217_003632.jpg
These will be for the smaller trunks and branches which I have sprayed light green after they dried (Japanese grass). I will progressively use larger blades of grass as I get higher.
That's it for the time being.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looks real Richard......it doesn't get any better than that! :thumb2: ;)

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Looks real Richard......it doesn't get any better than that! :thumb2: ;)
Thanks Rick, it's still an experiment and a first time for me so at the end I hope the leaves don't fail me.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Very realistic looking bamboo.
Thank you Jim, it's still experimental so I'm hoping it turns out right. I have a mission to get vegetation to look right and in scale.

Cheers,
Richard aka Wabble

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
The bamboo looks very convincing Richard, the vegetation is coming along nicely.