Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great execution of very fine detail, but then, I never expect less of you Richard. You are exceptionally talented. ;)
Thanks Tim, I was texting while you were posting...just added the stretched sprue for the weld seams. Letting it cure before burring with a bur and softening with TET and mashing it down.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Here's the stretched sprue added...I took off the hatches as they keep falling off.
20220911_214122.jpg20220911_214007.jpg
Nifty looking ride this Dingo. How'd you Europeans fit into this I wonder.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Might not look like there is any difference but the weld seams are textured...
20220912_002052.jpg20220912_002233.jpg
I have found a 1/72 500 pound bomb to make the searchlight casing. Will see how that goes.

Cheers,
Richard

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Thanks Graeme, Steve and Rick.
Glad I got the mojo to restart it.
Anal...hmmm, the body has two orifice that can be considered anal, one intakes while the other extrudes visavis, both make obscene noise...one bad language and the other bad smelling sound ...yeah, and both emit gases with regulated audio. Neither can scratch a winding handle for a 100 round magazine and neither can I. :smiling6:
I'd substitute it with a tin of Erinmore Flake.:smiling5:
I see double everytime I look away...going perpetually blind.:tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard
Erinmore - a real rave from the grave! And if I was to say 'pedantic' would that resonate :thinking:? I don't believe that a basic handle is beyond your skills!
Steve

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard, this is looking very good. Just one small query if I may. Should the P.O.W. cans (flimsies) on the rear mudguards be removed ? I believe they went out of service quite early in WW2 and replaced by the ubiquitous 'Jerrycan'. If i'm waffling just tell me to mind my own business ;)
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Erinmore - a real rave from the grave! And if I was to say 'pedantic' would that resonate :thinking:? I don't believe that a basic handle is beyond your skills!
Steve
I believe the winding handle is already molded on the mag.:smiling2:
Richard, this is looking very good. Just one small query if I may. Should the P.O.W. cans (flimsies) on the rear mudguards be removed ? I believe they went out of service quite early in WW2 and replaced by the ubiquitous 'Jerrycan'. If i'm waffling just tell me to mind my own business ;)
John.
I thought about that too but pictures still show the flimsy cans still being used stacked in threes even and strapped down. I guess there was abundance of these left about.

I've got to do some corrections to the cradle and brens...shortening the height so not exactly the Humber Scoutcar version. Found this out when figuring out the installation of the searchlight and reduce the guns to one as used by our armed forces.

Cheers,
Richard

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Cheers for the heads-up Richard. I honestly didn't know they were still being used so late. Never too old to learn something new :smiling:
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Cheers for the heads-up Richard. I honestly didn't know they were still being used so late. Never too old to learn something new :smiling:
John.
No probs John, I discover new things everytime like just now a picture comes up with a twin bren gun manned by local forces. So I will lower the guns and add the searchlight.
Nice bit of welding there Richard. :thumb2:
It's a bit over exaggerated Rick but with paint on I hope it blends in.

Cheers,
Richard

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I think you will be pleased with the end result......does not look over done from here. :nerd:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I think you will be pleased with the end result......does not look over done from here. :nerd:
Thanks Rick, your confidence in my finishing turned out right with paint on. The different plastics used must have made the jarring look. The even coat just blends and surprisingly I didn't prime at all and it shows with some scratches revealing plastic.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
For the searchlight I scrimmaged and found a suitable piece for the back portion...a 1/72 500 pound bomb...cut the tip off then stuck a 1/72 Panzer IV wheel on the front.
20220912_094256.jpg
This is the searchlight masked off with white glue over the lens for spray painting.
20220913_125135.jpg
I have lowered the guns by snipping off the supports and bending them to meet the pedestal points. Next is the base coat on with a lighter shade applied in a cloud pattern but mostly on the top panels.
20220914_003324.jpg
Guns painted...
20220914_014136.jpg
Sleepy time again.

Cheers,
Richard

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
Looking good Richard, the gun mount & searchlight are nicely scratch built.

StephenN

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Richard, those pictures look amazing!! Very inspiring! Thank you for posting and keep going!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Impressive work Richard. Very enjoyable watching this come together.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Very fine work, your eyesight is far better than mine (even with the magnifiers) I'd be losing bits left, right and centre!