Malayan Emergency 1/35 scale.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
Looks good. Certainly sounds as if it should work. I do hope there are no leaks. Just a thought although I might have missed something - when you pour the top what will prevent the resin just flowing over the waterfall into the lower pond? Will you not end up with most of the resin ending up below the lowest waterfall?
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Richard
Looks good. Certainly sounds as if it should work. I do hope there are no leaks. Just a thought although I might have missed something - when you pour the top what will prevent the resin just flowing over the waterfall into the lower pond? Will you not end up with most of the resin ending up below the lowest waterfall?
Jim
Never thought of that Jim until you mention it ! Richard is bound to have a special method unknown to us :smiling3:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Richard will have "The Mystic Power of the East" to hold back water. :tongue-out3: :thumb2: :smiling:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Yes I have. The solution is that each waterfall is like a dam so I'll pour just enough to almost tip over then move onto the next level.
When cured the surface will be flat like a piece of glass. I will then work in the waves with white glue and Deluxe making waves. Then paint in the froth at the base of the waterfall.

The pour itself isn't final.

Cheers,
Richard

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Took me awhile to figure out how to contain the flow. That's why there's a large dam of rocks under the bridge to stop further flows and I can control the levels after the bridge.

Nothing special from the East.:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
John’s in the East Jim, and he’s obviously not aware of it LOL….
Tim I've Just been told off for laughing out loud at that remark ! :smiling3:

Sorry Richard, very clever idea. Looking even more for the pour.

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
The Mystical Powers to hold back water...yes I can do that but hurts my bladder like hell. :tears-of-joy:

Talking about holding back powers, well I held back the pour just enough to add roots to the sides of the banks...

E75.jpg

Some of the branches are stuck on and painted over and highlighted.

E76.jpgE77.jpg

Then comes the pour. I think I added too much blue pigment. Got rid of the bubbles with my lighter and torched some of the tall grass. John would have enjoyed that. :smiling6:

E78.jpg

It needs another layer of resin as I think the upper level dirt may have absorbed while curing or there is a leak underneath. Anyway this layer when cured will act as a seal when I pour the next batch. This time I will not add pigments.

E79.jpg

So John, I have done the pouring. The resin has shrinked a little since I last saw it. It's beginning to harden so not long before it suddenly hardens.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Brilliant Richard.
Is the water this colour in nature, if so your not needing any more of the blue pigment on the second pour.
On my screen it looks more greenish, very light , so if the water is clear in these situations and not a muddy brown your spot on.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Brilliant Richard.
Is the water this colour in nature, if so your not needing any more of the blue pigment on the second pour.
On my screen it looks more greenish, very light , so if the water is clear in these situations and not a muddy brown your spot on.:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:
Thanks John, they come in three colours in nature. Tea, Green and Muddy. Yup the next pour will be clear. At the moment I have got the whole dio under the glass case to keep out dust and cat fur.

Cheers,
Richard

• Haha

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John, they come in three colours in nature. Tea, Green and Muddy. Yup the next pour will be clear. At the moment I have got the whole dio under the glass case to keep out dust and cat fur.

Cheers,
Richard
Well some cat fur could be for the grass over hanging the stream. No , ok well it was a random thought :smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Actually I was more afraid of a cat paw as they usually take a stroll on my work table...lots of things to bite or take home.

Cheers,
Richard

• Haha

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
We've all been waiting for "the pour" and it hasn't disappointed. Looks fine.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you kindly gentlemen, it has now cured and hardened. Contemplating to add some fallen leaves being pulled by the currents before the next pour.

Cheers,
Richard

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Richard

Just had a quick catch-up. That really is outstanding. Very well done indeed.

Andrew

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thank you Andrew. It's my first time pouring resin to make a stream so it's as exciting for me as well.

Here are some more images but of the second pour after adding some leaves... the reflection is from the shelf and overhead light.

E80.jpg

Top shot and it's quite hard to see the floating leaves under the resin coat.

E81.jpg

Another top shot this time at the waterfalls. The resin didn't shrink this time and holds level to the brim of the waterfall edge.

E82.jpg

I've attached some leaves to the cascading water. hope it will show movement.

E83.jpg

I cheated by tilting the dio and creating a false level creating a higher level to the back of the stream.

E84.jpg

As this is new to me I can't wait till the resin is cured to try the white glue rippling effect and the splash of the waterfall next. Meanwhile I'll fiddle with the paper plants.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Richard
That looks superb. The first pour must have done a perfect seal for the second. Looking forward to the next stages.
Jim