Modelling the Mark 1 A spitfire in 1/18 scale

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI TONY this should be great if you get all the bits an mags are they still messing you about on them mags ?
chris
Hi Chris, many thanks , yeah mag's are on time ,got issue 17 parts to glue in place on the starboard side cockpit frame., went out visiting yesterday ., cloudy morning here more rain . Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Chris, many thanks , yeah mag's are on time ,got issue 17 parts to glue in place on the starboard side cockpit frame., went out visiting yesterday ., cloudy morning here more rain . Tony
HI Tony glad you are getting your mags as nothing worst if you cant fininsh it an you went out visiting i gather you not under any lockdown then as we still have about another two months to go i think an if not for tiger id be climbin the walls lol
did you get your eye prob sorted ?
chris

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony,
Nice progress.
Hi Scottie3158, many thanks , yeah after the next issue 18 she will start taking shape, hope those parts don't cost more as they be bigger parts to do the centre wing frame work the cockpit screw onto can't wait to get those parts , wasn't happy with the motor built made some mistakes .
Tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Tony, just had a catch up, she's looking good.
Would love to see her running, while fully strapped to the bench !

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew, how are you going , thanks yeah I think after the 20th issue she will start taking shape.
Tony.
We're good thanks, considering we're in the middle of a lockdown in the UK in the middle of winter.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony glad you are getting your mags as nothing worst if you cant fininsh it an you went out visiting i gather you not under any lockdown then as we still have about another two months to go i think an if not for tiger id be climbin the walls lol
did you get your eye prob sorted ?
chris
Hi Chris, no we are not in any lockdown our borders opened up today to every other state except Western Australia as they have another outbreak of the South African stain , police are checking every one flying in from WA go straight into quarantine for 14 days.
Just as well you have a hobby to keep you busy , we got a taste of three days , don't have to ware masks either only at doctors. Yeah hope that doesn't happen I wan't to complete the spitfire be an awesome site and sound affects, will glue the detailed parts tomorrow morning. Going to do another video as John wants to see her spinning .
Take care Tony.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
We're good thanks, considering we're in the middle of a lockdown in the UK in the middle of winter.

ATB.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew, we had a taste for three days and you have the lock down for a few months, have plenty to keep you busy, is it still snowing, haven't seen snow.
Take care Tony

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Thanks Andrew, we had a taste for three days and you have the lock down for a few months, have plenty to keep you busy, is it still snowing, haven't seen snow.
Take care Tony
Hi Tony

We had a bit of snow where we are (50 miles north of London) but it didn't last long. Further north are having it bad at the moment.

As for the lockdown, we're on our third one but even then we've never been fully back to normal since mid-March....

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Tony, just had a catch up, she's looking good.
Would love to see her running, while fully strapped to the bench !
Hi John, thanks yeah coming along nicely , haven't done that video yet, will this afternoon, just finished gluing the parts from issue 17 mostly hoses , took a bit fiddly got them in place. , Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Tony

We had a bit of snow where we are (50 miles north of London) but it didn't last long. Further north are having it bad at the moment.

As for the lockdown, we're on our third one but even then we've never been fully back to normal since mid-March....

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, at least you are away from it and staying save, more progress on gluing detail pats mainly hoses a pain . Take care Tony.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The starboard cockpit details are in place now, wait for issue 18 tomorrow, took a bit fiddly but in place now , next issue 18 to do with the foot peddles and cockpit bulkhead and seat frame, From what I have seen on videos the instrument panel is well detailed with lights .

20210203_113028 a.jpg

Not sure how much of those parts I be able glue in place , has four screws, can't wait to get issue 18 and see what the next lot of parts are in issue 19.
Tony from down under.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking lovely Tony.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Looking lovely Tony.

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, many thanks , hav issue 18 parts to work o today and the cockpit will fore sure start taking shape, now I have got this far don't wait to pull out now too keen to finish the working model. Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi all got issue 18 parts to start work on today and the cockpit start looking like a cockpit , there are two bulkhead frames, the second full frame must have something to with the seat , next week parts more on the instruments panel lighting, should take too long to complete that task .
20210205_092032.jpg20210205_092049.jpg

Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Have just completed issue 18 parts ,nice easy build now I have to wait till nest weeks issue 19 parts list, sadly could only screw in place one side starboard side, had one screw left over but was too tight to screw the port side in place luckily the port side stood up on its own., won't start looking like a spitfire till issue 25

20210205_110820.jpg

20210205_110917.jpg20210205_111013.jpg

The loco in the background is a Big Boy which didn't turn out too well the shaft for the articulated am was broken I had to fix it, doesn't sit well on the track, I be modified the loco to a 4-8-4 Union Pacific 844 taking out the first set of drive wheels , need the measurements of the real loco, that be another thread ..

Will stand at the station as a static display, I do have another Big Boy Revel plastic kit to become diorama with a Diesel DD40AX 6900 , that loco is powered still run it.
Tony

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI TONY spitty comin on well how many issuse's is there to this spit ?
an the bigboy in back ground is that a kit or a running powered loco ? an Tony its nice to see you sticking at it with all that you are doin an hows that ships bridge comin on ?
stay safe an well boyo ps Tony can you show some pickkies of the bigboy that is powered an runs as i love these loco's as i was once gonna buy one to stick on my railway as a visiting engine but they were to costly to buy
chris

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
That's coming on nicely indeed Tony.

How many magazine editions will there be in total?

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI TONY spitty comin on well how many issuse's is there to this spit ?
an the bigboy in back ground is that a kit or a running powered loco ? an Tony its nice to see you sticking at it with all that you are doin an hows that ships bridge comin on ?
stay safe an well boyo ps Tony can you show some pickkies of the bigboy that is powered an runs as i love these loco's as i was once gonna buy one to stick on my railway as a visiting engine but they were to costly to buy
chris
Hi Chris, many thanks , saw on the website about 46 mag' all up don't have to collect all of them , don't know how long I will continue the mag's , as for the big boy it is a plastic kit from Revell , I do plan to modify the kit to a smaller 4-8-4 like you as a display model at the station , Do have a second kit haven't put it together , that be another post, will send you an email tonight about the the modifying of that loco and my eye issue . We are ok other than my eye no new cases out boarder is fully opened now . Tony