Modelling the Mark 1 A spitfire in 1/18 scale

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
That's coming on nicely indeed Tony.

How many magazine editions will there be in total?

ATB.

Andrew
Hi Andrew, many thanks, pretty happy , can't wait till next issue next Thursday that is when the instrument panel takes shape, with lights. All up there is 46 issues I saw on one website will check the main website .
How are you going, Tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew, many thanks, pretty happy , can't wait till next issue next Thursday that is when the instrument panel takes shape, with lights. All up there is 46 issues I saw on one website will check the main website .
How are you going, Tony
That will keep you busy then.

Doing ok thanks. Especially as England are currently 531-8 against India in the first innings of the first Test of the tour!

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
That will keep you busy then.

Doing ok thanks. Especially as England are currently 531-8 against India in the first innings of the first Test of the tour!
Hi Andrew, how did England go win the test, the Indians beat us in the last test, our cricket is just about finished depending if the stats are still playing. We lay South Africa hope our team get the good treatment . I pick up issue 19 parts mag tomorrow, be the instrument panel and lighting.
How are you going looking forward to warmer weather, you too do cop those 35 degree summers, those warm days will still hang around even into late autumn. Take care Tony

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andrew, how did England go win the test, the Indians beat us in the last test, our cricket is just about finished depending if the stats are still playing. We lay South Africa hope our team get the good treatment . I pick up issue 19 parts mag tomorrow, be the instrument panel and lighting.
How are you going looking forward to warmer weather, you too do cop those 35 degree summers, those warm days will still hang around even into late autumn. Take care Tony
Brilliant cricket! :smiling2:

In all seriousness we played very very well indeed. Although the pitch held up better and for longer than is usual for our there.

Warmer weather would be nice. For its basically been 0 degrees every day for a week now for us and we're pretty fast south. Some parts of Scotland have been below -20c overnight this week!

Looking forward to the next update.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Brilliant cricket! :smiling2:

In all seriousness we played very very well indeed. Although the pitch held up better and for longer than is usual for our there.

Warmer weather would be nice. For its basically been 0 degrees every day for a week now for us and we're pretty fast south. Some parts of Scotland have been below -20c overnight this week!

Looking forward to the next update.

ATB.

Andrew
Evening Andrew, zero is what we drop down to mid winter mainly at night early morning is the coldest, but we do drop past the minus and the days are around the 18 degrees very windy I stay in side , wll up set my asthma . Saw your cricket team is giving the Indians a hard time bowling the captain out . Got more update pics to post .take care Tony and keep warm

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I know it's a big scale, but even so, the detail is still amazing. Looking good Tony.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Looking good Tony. At 1/18 that's going to be a big bird.
I dare not start on those part-work models... Just think if they stopped half way through!

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Was an easy putting the issue 20 parts together yesterday, had parts from issue 19, only the instrument panel bulkhead, have to wait till issue 21 to screw in place the actual the panel it's self and 21 issue parts. Not sure but cradle for the seat is part of the next issue, saw on issue 21 video , going to up to issue 30 before the plane start taking shape. Finely getting the thread finished , wife wanted to go out, pic one with the foot peddles in place, I don't know what the middle part is but it took three parts to glue together , have to wait till the next issue before I can screw in place the instrument panel, not much gluing needed

20210213_112458.jpg

20210213_122518.jpg

Pics two and three , I decided to screw in one screw to hold the starboard side in place and the seat bulkhead is just help in place no screws at all, next two issues will be the a spitfire, issue 22 will have the cradle the seat sits on and working joy stick 'column.

20210213_122544.jpg

Tony from down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Looking good Tony. At 1/18 that's going to be a big bird.
I dare not start on those part-work models... Just think if they stopped half way through!
HI Ian, M yeah strange scale be hard to get a pilot the right size, I hope that doesn't happen get half way, heard they did that with the ) scale Flying Scotsman and Bismarck., I be happy if it cuts out at the finish of the mounting of the cockpit, would like to see the finished sides and wing many thanks Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I know it's a big scale, but even so, the detail is still amazing. Looking good Tony.
Hi Colin M , I have no idea why they picked that scale for, if they stop half way through be hard to finish it off, fingers crossed, and hope I can finish it, going to be costly over $2000 . Tony from down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
All ready to go in finely finishing off the cockpit build , involving in gluing the seat parts, plus previous issues back to issue 18, going to be a stinker of a weekend coming up Sunday peaking 40 degrees, those hot days be hanging around the last week of summer into autumn.

Good time to catch up on my indoor model projects, on work on my layout it has being raining.

20210218_194324.jpg

I could of finished the screwing the sides together last week with the screws I had , didn't want to do that , next weeks parts issue is the cradle the seat will sit on as well as the cockpit frame . This week the instrument panel is screwed together and the led light to light up the panel look great , by issue 25 the spitfire will start taking shape .
Tony from down under

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Tony

Just had a quick catch up. That's coming on really nicely indeed. I hope you finish it, it will look amazing if you do.

ATB

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony

Just had a quick catch up. That's coming on really nicely indeed. I hope you finish it, it will look amazing if you do.

ATB

Andrew
Hi Andrew well the latest parts build will blow you away indeed , I am very happy , check out the instrument panel is light up very well better than I thorough , but the panel took some time to work out , just slipped in place nicely , next week is only one big part the seat and cockpit side frame cradle . Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
For some reason I couldn't enlarge the pics , has worked on new post , chexk out the first pic vey happy the way the instrument panel lights have lit up the panel very clearly indeed

20210221_145804.jpg

20210221_145841.jpg20210221_145938.jpg
Second last pic of the next issue of parts only one part but there is still parts that will be glued with next issue

20210221_150153.jpg

Final pic looking down in the nearly finished cockpit . Tony from down under.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The issue 21 parts mag is here , hot weekend coming up, cradle and control joystick , a little bit of gluing in the seat and screwing the cradle to the cockpit , at least I don't
have do any painting.

.20210226_080603.jpg

Tony from down under.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
The issue 21 parts mag is here , hot weekend coming up, cradle and control joystick , a little bit of gluing in the seat and screwing the cradle to the cockpit , at least I don't
have do any painting.

.View attachment 415134

Tony from down under.
HI Tony this spitty is gonna be a cracker hope you are enjoyin putting it togeather
chris

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Just seen this one Tony, I don't know how I missed it though, Since you started it last year. Looking good so far, and it's huge, I'd be so impatient waiting for all the issues to arrive, building this.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Yet again looking very impressive.

And as Andy said if be so impatient waiting for each edition.

All the best.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
HI Tony this spitty is gonna be a cracker hope you are enjoyin putting it togeather
chris
HI Chris, yes lots of fun and keeping on my toes with this build, I had to look at the video clip of this issue21, once seeing how the bloke tackled it where I was made it easier, have now completed issue 21 mag parts and looking good, cant wait to the next issue . Tony