Modelling the Mark 1 A spitfire in 1/18 scale

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Just seen this one Tony, I don't know how I missed it though, Since you started it last year. Looking good so far, and it's huge, I'd be so impatient waiting for all the issues to arrive, building this.
Hi Andy yeah spot on I look forward to issue 21 mag parts will be part of the underneath fuselage, a question is 1/18th scale bigger than 48th scale or smaller, only seen that scale in tanks many thanks , Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
The next lot of pics of the finished cockpit and cradle in place, I was a bit disappointed they have missed out with the seat straps, unless they come later hope so, that gold strap if that what it is is slight over kill, fingers crossed those detailed parts come later.

The first pic is the finished seat screwed to the cradle and control column is well detailed

20210228_141340.jpg

Second pic underneath the finished cockpit cradle screwed in place

20210228_141957.jpg

Third pic looking into the cockpit , the control column , can see the firing button on the handle .

20210228_142028.jpg

20210228_143256.jpg

Final pic looking down at the motor and cockpit , on a big high can't wait till Thursday for issue 22 mag parts . Tony from down under

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Andy yeah spot on I look forward to issue 21 mag parts will be part of the underneath fuselage, a question is 1/18th scale bigger than 48th scale or smaller, only seen that scale in tanks many thanks , Tony
Tony the smaller the no. the bigger it is as the real thing is 1 to 1 scale so yes 1/18 th is twice as big as 1/48 th scale

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Tony the smaller the no. the bigger it is as the real thing is 1 to 1 scale so yes 1/18 th is twice as big as 1/48 th scale
Hi Chris, thanks that is huge then , looks like I will have to buy a 72nd scale spitfire , a pity they picked 1/18th scale be hard to buy a module in that scale if I pull the plug half way through. Forgot the Big Boy is i/87th scale can see the difference in scale to the cab window, I could use the loco as a load for the ship . Tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Tony, just had a catch up, starting to look the part with the office built. Lights certainly set that instrument panel off.
Keep it going .

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
that gold strap if that what it is is slight over kill, fingers crossed those detailed parts come later.

I think that is representing a softer material, it was initially 'basil leather', whatever that is, which was fitted to protect the parachute ripcord from damage, chafing against the seat.

To state the blindingly obvious, a damaged ripcord would not be something desirable in an emergency when abandoning the aircraft by parachute.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Hi Tony, just had a catch up, starting to look the part with the office built. Lights certainly set that instrument panel off.
Keep it going .
Hi John, agree, I was very surprised when I connected the wire plug to the battery box circuit board ,lit up far better to the pic in the mag and the video clip , going to be a little easier now with bigger parts. not happy one of the pipe connectors have come adrift off the side of the motor have to use my bright mobile LED light to glue it back .Will be hard because now there is the motor pipe frame in the way . Tony from down under

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
I think that is representing a softer material, it was initially 'basil leather', whatever that is, which was fitted to protect the parachute ripcord from damage, chafing against the seat.

To state the blindingly obvious, a damaged ripcord would not be something desirable in an emergency when abandoning the aircraft by parachute.
Hi Stona { Steve } may be that seat belt detail come later, when the mag part arrive they don't use in that issue, gets added in the next issue, probable to keep you interested as I nearly forgot and arm leaver on the seat part just one part for the last issue. Tony

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Issue 22 parts mag finely arrived a week behind, I should have issue 23, now have to wait till next week .

No work this week the part is back in its box, they do this , might get two issues next week to do with the wings , hopefully she start taking shape as a spitfire, the nose and cockpit get screwed in place, thank goodness I don't have to paint
20210311_152800.jpg20210311_152935.jpg20210311_153014.jpg

Tony from cloudy down under.

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
wow .. this is excellant stuff ..... super detailed!!

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
wow .. this is excellant stuff ..... super detailed!!
Hi saguy, many thanks are you in the English cricket team , the only sport I watch , used to play club cricket , yeah I am grateful I don't have to do any painting at all , can't wait till Thursday to pick up the 23rd issue parts the starboard wing , hopefully the port side too. , what are you modelling . Take care Tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excitement with every copy then Tony.

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Excitement with every copy then Tony.
Hi John , many thanks, big day tomorrow pick up issue 23 parts mag, the starboard wring frame and the portside as well, she will start looking like a spitfire , the next few issues to do with the wings and detailed parts for the wings , can't wait to see the motor that will control working landing gear . Tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Good to see you back at it Tony.

ATB.

Andrew

ozdell

Rest In Peace
First Name
Tony
Now I am waiting two weeks for each issue to arrive pain but worth the wait for issue 23, now the big parts are arriving, only three screws putting the port wing framing in place, I put some rapping to protect the paint of underneath the centre section , is metal, going to be a heavy plane when finished.

Next week be the spar section of the wing .

20210325_213501.jpg20210325_213521.jpg20210325_213604.jpg20210325_213647.jpg

Wont look like a spitfire till issue 35 when the nose gest screwed in place, Tony from sunny down under

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Tony!