My first non WW2 Tank-M41 Walker Bulldog

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
..... You know i said that this was going to be OOTB?.... Well,maybe not QUITE!!:rolling:
I was going to use the Figure provided just to add a bit of realism,so built him up to lean into the copula,don`t normally like Tamiya figs,but thought this time i would......
Bull11.jpg
Oh Dear.... I should never have bothered..... Looks likesome AM stuff is required after all!!;)Nevermind thought I..... I`ll get some stuff......
IMG20210409154134.jpg
Hmmm,MORE,MORE MORE.......
Bull7 - Copy.jpg
OHMIGOD STOP IT ANDY!!....... Too Late dear followers..... I`d been swallowed up by the !"Add To Basket" Demon...... AND i`ve also ordered some Resin Tank Crew Figures for this,and my future Vietnam type builds! Here`s what i did with the Mig Ground stuff.... not sure its looking good in the pic,but it turned out ok.......
Bull6.jpg
:thumb2:
Bull10 - Copy.jpg
Well then,my tablets seem to be taking me over now,but i hope you can see what i`m trying to do with this one:thumb2:,
I`m going to get a better 50 CaL fior it too....... so much for OOTB!!!:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:
(And i`ve already ordered some Resin figures!!),
As always Guys,thank you for looking in,and taking time to post...... means a lot!
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy

Looking really good. As others have said it's s good looking tank, even for an old kit.

Well done.

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Thanks John,
You were really 25 then were you Sir?!!:flushed:..... In that case...... if my Maths is correct:rolling:....... that makes you......
..................( " `73 plus several...... minus a couple.... oh,then there`s those few....and THEN the ones we like to forget.....)........
..........:hugging-face:,SORTED......
...........A HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN YEARS OLD mate!!:thumb2:
Top man..... I bet Bob the Stug is envious of your youthfull looks!
....And Rach says "Hi" to you both....as do i and Cohan:smiling:,
Andy
Andy your maths is poor you forgot VAT!

1975, ah i was only 4:thinking:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andy your maths is poor you forgot VAT!

1975, ah i was only 4:thinking:
I was 4 for most of 1975, right up until a certain date towards the end of the year.......

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
To be honest, putting most of that stuff on this kit is really lipstick on a pig … Of course, don’t let that stop you if you really want to, but if you like the look of the M41 and want to add this sort of stuff to it, I would recommend buying the AFV Club version (or Skybow, if you happen to come across that kit) and add it to that instead.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Mr Smith .
Apart from my age giving much joviality amongst the natives this is looking good.

I know what you mean about Fruils, I like to use them where I can as find them easier than plastic tracks, even with all the help and suggestions I fail to get them to fit like Si Benson. With care the rubber ones can look ok.

I recently read of a primer by Deluxe Materials for use with rubber the enable the join to be made with CA rather than the heated screwdriver. Don't remember anyone mentioning this before or even using it .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi andy

Sorry I'm a late arrival.

You could have done it as WW2 - well WW2 1965! I think I'm right recalling that Bulldogs were used to represent Tigers in the 1965 film Battle of the Bulge. Historical inaccuracy at its best!!!

The build is coming along nicely.

Peter

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi andy

Sorry I'm a late arrival.

You could have done it as WW2 - well WW2 1965! I think I'm right recalling that Bulldogs were used to represent Tigers in the 1965 film Battle of the Bulge. Historical inaccuracy at its best!!!

The build is coming along nicely.

Peter
I think you are. Whatever they used I'm sure it was US in origin.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Those were M47 Patton II tanks of the Spanish army, because the movie was filmed in Spain.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I stand corrected - thanks for putting me fight, it shows how little I know about US tanks!
They are easy to confuse, because the shapes are fairly similar. (Not surprising, as they were designed around the same time to the same basic philosophy.)

I once built an Italeri M47, painted it Panzer grey with generic German markings, stuck a Tamiya German tank commander in the cupola, and took it to a model show with a little card saying, “Tiger Tank, The Battle of the Bulge, 1965” and waited to see how many people appeared to spot something wrong. One or two pointed it out to me, to which my reply was that the card was absolutely correct :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy

Looking really good. As others have said it's s good looking tank, even for an old kit.

Well done.

Andrew
Thanks Andrew,
Yep,it certainly is...... and it just gets sexyier as each stage passes!!:dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
To be honest, putting most of that stuff on this kit is really lipstick on a pig … Of course, don’t let that stop you if you really want to, but if you like the look of the M41 and want to add this sort of stuff to it, I would recommend buying the AFV Club version (or Skybow, if you happen to come across that kit) and add it to that instead.
Yes,I see your point Jakko,"Can`t make a silk purse........"
However,i`m not going ott,just using some of that Earth material and a couple of figures,so not wasting too much in the way of extras.:thumb2:,
Good advice though bud:hugging-face:,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Very nice I really enjoyed building mine like you said earlier the fit is perfect. I like the color I think you matched the nam. Era colors.
Cheers Lee,much appreciated:cool:,
It`s the most enjoyable kit that i`ve done in a very long time!
Andy