"Pakin A Surprise"

D

dubster72

I did think they'd be lots of tiny parts with that one Tom! But the end result will be worth the cursing!

T

tommy1drop

I was planning on doing a bit more on it tonight, but gave up, it will be there tomorrow;)I think the wife was looking for some ear defenders:rolleyes:

B

Bunkerbarge

I think this is fast becoming a work of art, and that is before we see any paint on it. The overall look is simply amazing and just goes to show what can be achieved with a bit of imagination and a determination to make something from scratch. This really is a stunning build.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Richard thank you for the kind words mate, much appreciated, glad you like it:smiling3:

T

tommy1drop

Started work on one of the buildings, I have scratch built a dividing wall using balsa wood and coffee stirrers, I have also done a small bit of wood panelling, again using coffee stirrers.

As you can see this is going to be a slow process, but there will be wall paper in each of the rooms, along with furniture and lots and lots of debris;)

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
I do like the detailing of the wall panelling!

Are windows and doors scratch built as well?

Superb! :D

T

tommy1drop

Hi Patrick thanks mate, that`s not the carpet, that`s the underlay:rolleyes:

T

tommy1drop

Thanks Gavin thanks for that mate, the doors and windows come with the kit, its the Miniart Russian city building.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Tom, do like the wall panelling, and these pop sticks are so hard to cut,

very well done, ;)

T

tommy1drop

Another small update on the dio, I have started to do some more on the 1st building by adding the floor joists ready for the floor boards which will be added shortly:smiling3:

C

callmehobbes

I love those diorama debris moulds. Mind you I haven't tried using them on the same scale as you. That groundwork looks first class. I'll be following this build closely.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Methinks this is gonna turn out rather special .....

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good Tommy, I find it fun making the floors then so to say distressing them :rolleyes: