Scotties L1500 Kfz. 70

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Of course, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road anyway.. lol
No, everyone else drive on the right - we drive on the left, which is right, and means that our steering wheels are right, not wrong, whereas the steering wheels on everyone elses cars are wrong ;)
Aint English a fun language? :smiling5: :upside:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
This is looking excellent. You have certainly mastered the hairspray technique - I can't get consistent results so use chipping fluid instead. The initial weathering is great. Difficult to tell from the photos but you do seem to have kept the pre shade - now that is quality airbrush skills :thumb2:
Fine work all round.
Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That is looking good Paul, the whitewash is very distressed, bordering on traumatized!
I think I may have over done it.
Looking great Paul. The weathering is getting better and better.....
Thank you mate.
Seems like that windshield all covered up would make driving difficult?
The masking tape is still in place I can take it off soon.
Of course, you guys drive on the wrong side of the road anyway.. lol
No we are right

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
This is looking excellent. You have certainly mastered the hairspray technique - I can't get consistent results so use chipping fluid instead. The initial weathering is great. Difficult to tell from the photos but you do seem to have kept the pre shade - now that is quality airbrush skills :thumb2:
Fine work all round.
Jim
Jim,
I think I got lucky this time I did want more of the three colour cammo to show through but it has got lost somewhere along the line.
Looks like masking tape is still on Ron:smiling2:.PaulE
I will remove it when it has had its final dull coat then I have to remember to fit the wipers.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Wheels are on side windows all fixed tape off the windscreen wipers fitted. The canvas top is not glued at the moment as A figure or two will go inside not to worried about detailing them to much as they wont be seen that easily. Then it will be time to glue the top on.

DSCF2790.JPG

DSCF2791.JPG

DSCF2792.JPG

DSCF2794.JPG

DSCF2795.JPG

Next on with the gun.

cheers
Scottie

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I once asked an American historian why the US drives on the wrong side of the road, Her reply was that once everyone rode their horses on the left side so their sword arm was closer to anyone passing in the other direction. When the Napoleon Bonaparte annexed much of Europe to create his Empire, he decreed that henceforth his subjects would ride on the right-hand side, thus reminding them who was their new boss, as well as marking the territories he had conquered. Following the American War of Independence, the American states started to ride on the right (wrong) side, both to show their independence from the British and to show their gratitude for French help during the revolution.
Sounds plausible to me!
Pete

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Paul,

I've been waiting to see how this would turn out and you sure haven't disappointed us one bit. An absolutely outstanding finish you have achieved. Just a perfect weathering job for the Ostfront my friend. Bring on the rest!!!

Prost auf Dich
Allen

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hey Paul,

I've been waiting to see how this would turn out and you sure haven't disappointed us one bit. An absolutely outstanding finish you have achieved. Just a perfect weathering job for the Ostfront my friend. Bring on the rest!!!

Prost auf Dich
Allen
Thanks you my friend really glad you like it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
When I heard about your latest build I knew I would need a new Thesaurus, so here goes

Admirable, best, breathtaking, elegant, exquisite, fine, glorious, gorgeous, great, magnificent, marvelous, outstanding, solid, splendid, stunning, sublime, superior, superlative, exalted, grand, majestic, matchless, noble, peerless, prime, proud, resplendent, splendiferous, splendorous, standout, state-of-the-art, super, unrivaled,
very best.

Permission to carry on :smiling5: ;) :thumb2: :cool:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
You've established quite a high bar here. An excellent result. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Certainly has the well used look about it......I've always liked the look of these 1500s........been tempted to try and cobble one together using the uniform body off the Horch 108 and the nose of a Roco Minitanks Mercedes 1500 fire truck..... :thinking: . Scottie, take a bow, I think you have stolen the show! Rick H.:thumb2:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
When I heard about your latest build I knew I would need a new Thesaurus, so here goes

Admirable, best, breathtaking, elegant, exquisite, fine, glorious, gorgeous, great, magnificent, marvelous, outstanding, solid, splendid, stunning, sublime, superior, superlative, exalted, grand, majestic, matchless, noble, peerless, prime, proud, resplendent, splendiferous, splendorous, standout, state-of-the-art, super, unrivaled,
very best.

Permission to carry on :smiling5: ;) :thumb2: :cool:
Steve, so you like it then lol :smiling4: thanks you mate. Carry on.
...mind you, this build is worthy of them all....stupendous work!
Tim, very kind of you thanks mate.
Great job as usual Paul.

Andy.
Andy, too kind Sir.
You've established quite a high bar here. An excellent result. PaulE
Cheers Paul very nice of you to say.
That's looking great Scottie...

Nick
Nick, very kind of you.
Certainly has the well used look about it......I've always liked the look of these 1500s........been tempted to try and cobble one together using the uniform body off the Horch 108 and the nose of a Roco Minitanks Mercedes 1500 fire truck..... :thinking: . Scottie, take a bow, I think you have stolen the show! Rick H.:thumb2:
Rick, thank you very much mate. I would love to see that when you get round to it.
Hi Scottie
That is superb. Well done indeed.
Jim
Jim, Really happy you like it.

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Just gobsmacked at the effects that you get - hat is well and truly off to you :thumb2: