Scotties Miniart US Bulldozer

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What a great idea……don’t they go sticky over time though?

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks just right there Scottie. :thumb2:
Cheers Rick glad you like it.
What a great idea……don’t they go sticky over time though?
Tim, I have used them before for the balls on the end of width indicators. Up till now they seem ok hopefully by sealing them in CA or PVA they will keep for a while.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I’ve always used blobs of epoxy or solder, but getting two the same is a little difficult.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
Wonderful scratch work. The replacement/added details have already raised this to another level.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Lovin' it Bro!!! Scratchy looks great and the air filter is tops. Isn't it amazing what we use for scratchy in our projects. Love the cake decoration sprinkles for the knobs. Think about the poor guy pushing dirt for hours and gets hungry. He can eat the gear shift knob and get a sugar rush to keep him going.......Can't wait to see more Paul!!!

Prost
Allen

• Haha

Wookie2486

SMF Supporter
First Name
Martyn
Scottie awesome work again mate the cake decoration is a brilliant idea.

Marty

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
Wonderful scratch work. The replacement/added details have already raised this to another level.
Jim
Cheers Jim, you know me I have to tinker lol.
They don't taste so good though.
Pete
Pete, yes I will stick to the sweet ones.
Lovin' it Bro!!! Scratchy looks great and the air filter is tops. Isn't it amazing what we use for scratchy in our projects. Love the cake decoration sprinkles for the knobs. Think about the poor guy pushing dirt for hours and gets hungry. He can eat the gear shift knob and get a sugar rush to keep him going.......Can't wait to see more Paul!!!

Prost
Allen
Hi Allen, wouldn't that be a great idea make parts of your workplace edible, their would be a lot of happy workers.
Scottie awesome work again mate the cake decoration is a brilliant idea.

Marty
Cheers Marty, it seems to work so far

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
The running gear is now fitted and it's starting to look the part now. The seat is only dry fitted and will be removed for painting.

DSCF3444.JPG

As I said in an earlier post the idlers are not glued in place this will allow me to move them to get the track tension right.

Next the towing hook has been fitted and is free to move around the arc.

DSCF3445.JPG

Finally for this post the radiator and side panels are fitted. The engine cover plus a few small additions will be be added after paint.

DSCF3446.JPG

cheers
Scottie

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Scottie
That is looking excellent. Nice to have a way to tension the tracks. With so much detail painting will be fun.
Jim

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking very fine Scottie. Everything looks nicely robust and agricultural except the seat? Looks like the designers just stuck a settee on the back LOL…..

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Looking very fine Scottie. Everything looks nicely robust and agricultural except the seat? Looks like the designers just stuck a settee on the back LOL…..
Tim, that seat is a very important piece of equipment.......from personal experience, it is the only thing that keeps that machine from beating you to death while working in rough terrain. ;)

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Scottie
That is looking excellent. Nice to have a way to tension the tracks. With so much detail painting will be fun.
Jim
Jim, yes painting will be fun. I will dig out some pictures later so I can try and weather it in the right places and to the right amount.
More excellent work, this really is looking superb
Cheers Mick, very kind of you to say.
Tim, it certainly is a well padded affair and looks quite comfy.
Tim, that seat is a very important piece of equipment.......from personal experience, it is the only thing that keeps that machine from beating you to death while working in rough terrain. ;)
Rick, I hear that. I was surprised when building this to find that the running gear has suspension, but even so it must have been a bone shaker when operating.
Still looks like it was made by Lay-ze-boy though…….
Tim, I can think of worse things to go to work on lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Scottie!!!