Hi Richard - yes minimal additions, almost like OOB for me :smiling5:

Track links are not too bad and look the part once installed

Definitely a family resemblance with the front end

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done Simon on getting the links on, I was wondering how you were going to manage with the track guards fitted.
I found the drive sprocket hard to take the track link.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John - yes the drive sprockets are a tight fit. The tracks would have gone in with the guards in place as I split them into three sections - a long one went from first road wheel and up around the sprocket (see last picture), second was a short curved section from front road wheel up around the idler to the first return wheel and then the top length. This would have slid in from the front so it went under the guard.
I decided it was all a bit fragile though so stuck it all together in the end - tracks should help support the wheels

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Simon.
Looks good , still pleased you mentioned the kit , any problems in building I just think it's me :smiling2:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Good idea to glue the wheels to the tracks. Makes a lot of sense with the frailty of it all. It certainly looks the part now.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
That looks very good. Well done taming the fragile tracks etc. Very wise to glue it all solid. Surely easier to paint it like that than try to fit track that has been painted and now is too tight a fit :anguished:
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
t18-038_2019-10-1.jpg
did the rest of the track links last night and found that I was one link short of a full track :thinking:

no more links to be found so had to make my own to fill the gap

once all is set I shall add the details to the new link

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Unfortunate position to have to put a scratchbuilt replacement … but you certainly didn’t let having to build something as awkward as a track link stop you from building the model :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's odd Mr T - not having enough links. Great replacement though. Should have scratched the whole lot really LOL

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Jakko - yes, rather unfortunate as you say. I had of course started at the bottom and run up around the idler and sprocket so when I ran out there was no way of pinching a link from the bottom without causing damage. Luckily they are not too complicated and there is always a dollop of mud if it looks rubbish

Steve - I can only assume that I have managed to drop one somewhere. Had them all stored in a pot to stop me losing them but obviously didn’t work

No doubt it will turn up after I have finished making the new one - would have been nice if they had provided a few spares

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I'm sure I have some, will check tomorrow, can post if have any .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice recovery on the missing link Mr. T. I suspect no mud will be required. Your almost OOB build is looking the bomb and I'm looking forward to the wet stuff soon. Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Cheers Rick - the link just needs a little filler to round off the ends of the grooves to finish it off. Still a few little details to add and then the new pewter track guards before paint

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Was up in the stash earlier on looking for something none modelling related but had to shift a lot of the kits - found an unopened LS 1:1 Remington Army, a Verlinden 120mm Kubelwagen and an Italeri RSO/01 that I had forgotten about. (recently bought another RSO - oops). Also found that I have four 1:25 Tamiya Tigers and at least two of the 1:25 Centurions. Also came across a Dragon Scud B which I knew I had but couldn't remember quite where I had put it

Anyway, decided to use todays modelling time to do a little more on this one

t18-042_2019-10-6.jpg
added some detail to the inside face of the drivers visor

t18-046_2019-10-6.jpg
installed the visor then added a stay and some bolt ends for the hinges

t18-040_2019-10-6.jpg
bit hard to see but have undercut the solid shovel bracket on both sides so doesn't look solid

t18-047_2019-10-6.jpg
the back end of the shovel was just left floating about - you wouldn't keep you shovel very long like that so I added a tie down

t18-044_2019-10-6.jpg
t18-043_2019-10-6.jpg
the front track guard supports were not wide enough so I cut them off, drilled the bracket and added some lengths of brass tubing

also drilled out the headlight and the siren horn

front door handles replaced with plastic rod

t18-041_2019-10-6.jpg
t18-045_2019-10-6.jpg
the hull and turret rear grab handles were also replaced with rod

nearly there now - mg to add to turret and the track guards to make

in spite of the various small errors I rather like this little oddball tank

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice bit of detail on the visor Mr. T, looking forward to the pewter work.
Cheers, Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Loving all the additions. Have to agree that it’s a likeable looking oddball :smiling4:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Extra detail looks great. Why use plastic rod for the handles instead of wire? I find wire difficult to bend.
Jim