Some More 1/16 Figures

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

Jim - Glad you're enjoying the weather. I can't believe a cold snap is forecast from Monday. Glad you like our man so far.

Ralph - Many thanks. Still tweaking bits and pieces.

I made an early start today, and the legs are now done:

100_6930.JPG100_6931.JPG

I didn't check how much Stone Grey was left in the bottle, so it was down to the very dregs in order to complete the trousers.

I'm also trying to save on brushes, as my preferred supplier has been out of stock for some time (preferred because they are supplied in unopened packs of six). I'm managing to get dribs and drabs from other sources, but they tend to be shop stock with one or two damaged ones included.

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
I particularly enjoy the work on the 'worn' helmet on this one. Outstanding realism Peter!

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

I decided to mount him on a base at this stage, as the gun will need to rest on it and it will stop me handling the varnished surface of the figure:

100_6932.JPG

This is an old Verlinden base, and has plenty of room to accommodate the various water containers (and chameleon?).

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Blimey i pop off for a bit and Pierre is of to a flyer with this one,Looks pretty darn good to me chappie.
Rich.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Happy Easter, and hopefully a bright day to finish the DAK gunner off.

Which brushes do you prefer?

I am sure you have probably said but it will '000 posts ago!

Lovely work on the trousers and a realistic contrast with the jacket too.

I take it you can get an online paint order to top up your stocks?

We do have some chocolate eggs for Easter but I have to admit, after not having chocolate over Lent, I'm not that bothered!

I guess its been a busy 6 weeks with plenty of distractions!

Enjoy the day and finishing off the figure

Just the Zeltbahn figure left in the trilogy

best wishes to all the family

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Morning Steve, and a Happy Easter to you and yours. I had a few too many hot cross buns the other day and gave myself a slight hypo, so warning heeded, no chocolate for me today. I'm still feeling pretty unwell with the Covid-19 as well. From what I can gather from the available information, it can lead to longer term inflammatory effects for diabetics, and aggravate sinusitis for those with a chronic condition like myself. As it is, I've still got the cough with some weezing, have a persistent headache, and generally feel very weak and dizzy. Nasty bloody thing.

On to the equipment with our chap today. It should take at least two sessions to finish this one as there are a lot and bits and pieces for the base. As for paint etc, I am still able to get it, but I'm wondering if Pro Arte brushes have ceased supply to the retailers for the time-being? The brushes I prefer are Pro Arte Prolene Plus Series 7, size 0000.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Stan is coming on nicely Peter.....drapery is excellent. Quite surprised at you choice of weapon though....OOOO is really small for a figure that large! Interesting to hear about Pro Arte as well. I use Rosemary and Co series 33, but find the larger sizes, 2 and above, are too soft for me and don’t hold point very well. It’s probably my painting style, but wondered what the snap is like on these Prolene jobs?

Sorry to hear you are still suffering from C19. I had it for about three weeks I. The end, and still get the occasional bout of coughing. It has also aggravated my hay fever, which I haven’t had for years....to those that are wavering...follow the rules and don’t get Coronavirus, the disease it causes is horrible...

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Peter. Looking good as always still following

D

Deleted member 6559

Tim - I've got into the habit of using a 0000 for virtually the whole figure, and can't imagine using anything bigger now. If I'm lucky, I can get away with using just one or two brushes per figure, but at £3.65 each I can afford to buy them in batches of 12. Like most of us, I've tried so many brands, but this is the one that suits me - quite rigid and with a sharp point.

Covid-19 is indeed nasty, and I suspect that all sorts of long-term affects will emerge for some people as time goes on. Glad to hear that you're well on the way to recovery.

Lee - Many thanks for looking in. Appreciated.

I think the actual figure is done:

100_6935.JPG100_6936.JPG100_6937.JPG

Today I painted and attached all of the equipment, the hands and the MG42. Next, it's on to the various items for the base:

100_6917.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Peter,
I cant believe the speed you work at I was just about to comment on how well its coming on only to find it finished lol

• Haha
D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Scottie - not quite finished. The jerrycans and ammo boxes will take another day. Thanks for looking in.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well you have been busy this Easter. Very much like the figure and weathering to his helmet. I suspect there will be a jaw dropping final reveal today so I hope you have a good day at the bench.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Sorry to hear you are having another roller coaster ride with C-19.

Its the gift/plague that keeps on giving!

Hopefully a better day today, though the weather has turned for the colder and greyer, true Bank Holiday weather.

Your preferred brush is a real unicorn at the moment, I had several looks and it really isn't out there at all!

Good luck with your hunt, I came up nothing or ""we've all gone home until the lockdown is lifted!""

Would a 000 with just a few hairs different be as useful?

They seemed to be available, I guess there can't be that many more bristles difference? Can there?

Lovely work with the figure too, all the more impressive to think it's nearly all done with such a minute brush too!

Anna had here Easter Sunday mass with the Pope, live on TV.

Its the only think which has improved during the lockdown, as much as the removal of pollution is a good thing,
we need something better than putting millions of people out of work!

Hopefully a good day finishing off the DAK gunner and his pet

Take care

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Stevie J - I can't guarantee and dropped jaws, but it should be fun painting the components for the base.

Steve H - I've found some brushes on-line and have ordered from two new suppliers. The 000 is significantly thicker than the 0000, but it may be the only option if supplies continue to dwindle.

Crazy situation with Covid-19 - the news just seems to get grimmer, though here does seem to be a glimmer of hope from places like Hunan, where they appear to have turned a corner. Not sure where my in-laws celebrated mass, but may well have joined His Holiness at St Peters.

And especially for you Steve; I cleaned up the chameleon, ready for painting!

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I smile every time I look at your work. Even the stitching on boots are detailed. Great work Peter.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Superb :thumb2:
Funny how out of all the points of interest in your painting it's the helmet that stands out for me .:surprised:

D

Deleted member 6559

Colin - Very kind of you - pleased to have been able to raise a smile.

John - I suppose it's that the helmet comes close to AFV weathering. Metal objects allow one to have a bit of fun.