Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well the cave floor was swept, found some parts I had't even known about. :surprised: Unfortunately I dropped the panzer 3 caught by the Russians, as was rearranging the top shelf ice and snow everywhere, both arms came of the commander and a couple of idler wheels , at this point I rather lost interest. Stuck it back together as best as could and pushed it back on the top shelf.

IMG_20190701_170221634.jpg

IMG_20190701_170226651.jpg

IMG_20190701_170241868.jpg
This part is still work in progress.

On with the build, managed to fit the front shield, not easy, as not help by 4 quite thin sections retaining the shield to the frame.Its come out slightly twisted. But as its about to be squashed it won't matter.

IMG_20190701_165958427.jpg

At this point in twisting the shield to go up around the barrell the PE sheet door flew off. In attempting to re CA it slipped .

IMG_20190701_165948689_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190701_170011701.jpg

Left off the shovel , pick , sections of wood to paint. Now about to start the ammo , boxes and war heads.

John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking really excellent there Dude 2!!! Your never say die attitude shows through as well as your patience and has given you a super result. The detail on this AFV kit is really good….

Now what's all this noise about cleaning up the cave??? Did Jimbo send a nasty gram to Christine that it was time to clean up???

Prost
Dude 1

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Very nice work on the gun John, all those details will be great at the washing stage :thumb2: .

Neat looking cave too, sorry to hear about the dropped Pz.III, sadly those things happen when cleaning them…

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
my wife just said that you are well organized since your dioramas are in the proper space not ON the shelf/table......
thank John :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Looking great John, and that's an impressive cave you have there. Don't go too mad with the tidying up though, you have a reputation to uphold :smiling5:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Lovin your work mate but are the wheels on correct???? I thought they should be in tighter to the shieid???

• Sad
Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Now what’s all this about having a muck out! Goodness me John, that’s twice this year now....I think your going a bit soft sir :smiling5:
Now be honest....did you just open a door at either end and let the breeze take care of the clean up!:smiling5::smiling5:

I’ve got to say I’m impressed with how good the detail is on the sIG, a real shame that your going to be wreaking it but all is fair in love and war:smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking really excellent there Dude 2!!! Your never say die attitude shows through as well as your patience and has given you a super result. The detail on this AFV kit is really good….

Now what's all this noise about cleaning up the cave??? Did Jimbo send a nasty gram to Christine that it was time to clean up???

Prost
Dude 1
No Dude1, it was hinted, as we are expecting a meeting and lunching of Christines old class mates from school. They meet every year here then going town for lunch. I shall be on my best behavior :disappointed:.

Very nice work on the gun John, all those details will be great at the washing stage :thumb2: .

Neat looking cave too, sorry to hear about the dropped Pz.III, sadly those things happen when cleaning them…
Hi Fernando, cheers on the cave, remember when it was first done, it looked so new and clean. Yes rea!ly fed up at that stage, more annoyingly it had a set of Fruil tracks as well. At least they stayed intact .

John,
Looking very good mate. Sorry to hear you dropped one of your fine builds.
Cheers Paul. Would have to be I really liked ! .

Cleaning up? Shocking behaviour, you should be ashamed.
Pete
I know Pete, very abnormal for me to do such a thing, I didn't show the left of the bench at least that is normal .:smiling2:

my wife just said that you are well organized since your dioramas are in the proper space not ON the shelf/table......
thank John :smiling2: :smiling2: :smiling2:
Sorry Greg, :smiling::smiling2::smiling: tell your good lady I had two in the house until this morning when It was suggested told to remove them , hence the tidying up.
Looking great John, and that's an impressive cave you have there. Don't go too mad with the tidying up though, you have a reputation to uphold :smiling5:

Thanks Andy , you should have seen it a couple of years ago, had I think about 3 months in which I gutted it and insulated the ceiling , dry lined the walls ceiling , rewired and painted, oh and made the units Down side was hardly any modelling and every thing stacked up under the car port .
No I shall try hard not to let the club down .

Lovin your work mate but are the wheels on correct???? I thought they should be in tighter to the shieid???
Steve , thanks mate , there were two types of wheels and corresponding brake drums, I of course picked the wrong ones, so they are in fact about 8 to 10 mm out .:disappointed::disappointed::disappointed::disappointed:. never mind when you have a great T34 about to flatten you what's a hub or two .:smiling2:.

I thought so too, but kept mum in case it was a sensitive area. PaulE
Always a gent, that was kind of you, I could have tried to cut then down, but quite frankly there was some much stuff in the area bits would have come off , so just left it .
Now what’s all this about having a muck out! Goodness me John, that’s twice this year now....I think your going a bit soft sir :smiling5:
Now be honest....did you just open a door at either end and let the breeze take care of the clean up!:smiling5::smiling5:

I’ve got to say I’m impressed with how good the detail is on the sIG, a real shame that your going to be wreaking it but all is fair in love and war:smiling4:
I know Si, no although there is a nice breeze I did wash the mat, swept up and have a tidy. Christine did wash down the top.
Not a complete wreak,as such ,more of an inpending one, I want to show the tank about to roll down on to the gun and crew, they will be turning in horror as the T34 has come in from the rear, never hearing a thing as they were busy firing.
Well that's the plan !
I'll join the viewing gallery JR, that's a nice looking artillery piece.
Hi Mick , cheers , your more than welcome grab a seat .
Right might get some more done tomorrow, need to start that T34 .
Thanks for the comments certainly made me feel more upbeat .
John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great looking gun John, looking forward to this one coming together.

Jim
Thanks Jim. Need to get a bit more gritty like yours :smiling3:
I'm JR's love child so he knows I'm only trying to help

Son , nothing wrong with asking my boy, it's not said with malice from any one on here .

Yours Dad .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Good evening busy day today what with the cars first MOT and big service and T34 assembly .

Both have done well, the car is A1 and the T34 is nearly complete, only has those rubber tracks, but going to use them unless I have a change of heart. Will see what the tracks will look in like in the position I want to have the tank in, if they have the right looking sag then ok.
An nice kit to build, as I love the T34 anyway building it has been easy, knowing what parts look like is half the battle .
I have to change the date of the diorama as this model came out later than 1941/ 42 more towards 43.
There was a option of another wheel type, so I've mixed them to give the impression of frantic struggle to get one out of the factory .
Been looking at paints, no colour readily available to match, so think the best option is to mix some grey with a hint of lighter green and again for the two colour camo a darker green with a grey. Then to tone it down if needed a washable white sprayed in very thin coats .
Then it will be time for bricks and debris. Oh Happy days .:smiling2::nerd: along with a collection of German troops .
Will have some photos tomorrow.

John .

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
hi all , having received the help over the Fruil tracks which are now on order I can finish the rest of the T34 small bits and perhaps get some primer on. There is one thing though that I shall do at the end its the rear mud guards, much easier to thread the tracks through with out them.

Figures have arrived, these are the ones Simon found on King Kit,

IMG_20190703_170638818.jpg

There had been two sets by Hobby Fan which would have been perfect, full winter dress, but unfortunately they are out of production, yet they still produce the gun ? These will have to do , need to be altered slightly, won't be holding the weapons but ammo .

Tried the flexi gule tube thing, not very good at it , but not too bothered about the glue marks, they can either be sanded off of left, as I shall place some logs and other kit on the sides., oh and the figures that came with the T34.

IMG_20190703_170604459.jpg

IMG_20190703_170553314.jpg

IMG_20190703_170527740.jpg

Ok probably not what happened, but just adds to the overall look, plus that blue green camo should look the dogs.

Abuse , mirth taking, constructive comments more than welcome.

John.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Looking good Dude 2,

I have noticed that you have taken up the SimonT way of leg modelling. I guess you've cleaned up the bench so much, you aren't allowed to work on it anymore, according to management. At least for a few days, huh!!! Drive on Buddy...…...…..

Prost
Dude 1

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Well you must have stepped on the cracks :rolling: (as kids we would walk along the pavement avoiding the joins in the paving slabs as we reckoned stepping on the cracks would bring bad luck - maybe that's just a Yorkshire thing)
Looking good for all the difficulties. I like the mixed wheels idea. Figures are nice and should be ok to alter to ammo carriers.
Jim
Great that you tidied up. A 14 page Tidy Bench Club application form is in the post. Please complete in triplicate in black ink. Also include at least 10 dated photographs of the bench and man cave. Have it witnessed by 2 people of good standing in your community and return with a cheque for £17.38 to cover administration costs. If your application is unsuccessful £1.63 will be returned to you within 6 weeks.
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Jim, you da man!!!!!!! John will love you forever too...………………..

• Haha
Reactions: JR