Some where on the Eastern Front 1942 /43 1/35 scale

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi John
Figures look nice and coming on a treat. You're really getting into figures. Interested to know what you think of the glue. Tracks look fun - well you're enjoying them.

The cave has soon returned to it's normal tip like appearance, I only have to open a box and chaos ensues.
And I had such high hopes for your bench. Ah well, old dogs and new tricks!!!
Jim

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Lovely looking tracks, but all that drilling

Mind you i do not mind sanding all those Stug wheels

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Glutton for punishment!
Ha, Rick doing those tracks is something I can achieve with out getting glue on me, or every where else. :smiling: I just sit down and drill, fettle and pop in the bag or tub. The real joy is joining the links up.
John,
For some perverse reason I find doing links quite relaxing if you only do 15-20 mins at a time.
It is Paul, I did all the prep work in about 2 / 3 hrs then assembled that row of 20. By then I'd had enough.

Hi John
Figures look nice and coming on a treat. You're really getting into figures. Interested to know what you think of the glue. Tracks look fun - well you're enjoying them.

And I had such high hopes for your bench. Ah well, old dogs and new tricks!!!
Jim

Yes Jim I will post my thoughts, from the videos I've seen it appears very similar to TXT, but has less of a smell, you also get 2 types of brush, one of will reach to corners of the bottle ! . Having two brushes is not that exciting as w e all have spare brushes that could be used, but suppose that's a selling point . The good thing is it's manufactured here in the UK.

As for the bench, well your right there, a sad thing as Christine hopes one day I will be tidy !
Lovely looking tracks, but all that drilling

Mind you i do not mind sanding all those Stug wheels

Bob give me these any day over plastic, they just beat me.
There you see you like sanding countless wheels, nearly as many as these track links .:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::tongue-out:.

Arh yes, a sign no doubt of old age !

Thanks guys , maybe more tomorrow.
John .

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi John,

I have various builds that are stalled waiting for me to do the track links - not my fave task

Went to the Yorkshire Wartime Experience show on Sunday - a chap had brought a freshly restored T34/85 along

Some pictures of the tracks showing the amount of ground they had picked up

IMG_5352.JPG
IMG_5355.JPG
IMG_5356.JPG
IMG_5357.JPG

Last edited:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Dzohn, I use the drill & pin (music wire) method to change poses and affix to base on my little figs also. Simon, thanks for the nice pics, also shows how rough the casting is on the turrets. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi John,

I have various builds that are stalled waiting for me to do the track links - not my fave task

Went to the Yorkshire Wartime Experience show on Sunday - a chap had brought a freshly restored T34/85 along

Some pictures of the tracks showing the amount of ground they had picked up

View attachment 349675
View attachment 349676
View attachment 349677
View attachment 349678
Wow, thanks Simon, now what would Christine say If I was to buy one .Not that it would be cheap but oh what a thing to have .
Nice to see a photo of center of the pad thick with mud like that. Noted.:thumb2:

Dzohn, I use the drill & pin (music wire) method to change poses and affix to base on my little figs also. Simon, thanks for the nice pics, also shows how rough the casting is on the turrets. PaulE
Thanks Paul, no doubt I will follow you on this.
Yesterday managed to get some more links done.

IMG_20190709_174347705.jpg
One side done, have a few links spare to add later to give some more sag when the other side is done luckily there always seem to be spare links.

Update 16.32 tracks all done .
Tried putting two more links in, too much. Just hanging loose. Can't put one link in only because of the pairing .
See what you think .

IMG_20190710_163059061.jpg
On a climb
IMG_20190710_163121777.jpg
IMG_20190710_163131796.jpg

Comments more than welcome re the track sag. Before anyone mentions it they're the wrong way round , this was just a test .:tongue-out3::tongue-out3::smiling3::nerd:.
John .

Attachments

• IMG_20190709_174354836.jpg
    IMG_20190709_174354836.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 2

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks just a tad tight to me. Prolly just out of the shop (noted bogies replaced), still breaking in. PaulE

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Just to maintain my low standards of bench tidyness here is a photo taken just now .
IMG_20190710_164309123.jpg

Sorry Jim, Christine has given up hope of me ever being tidy

John .:nerd::smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looks just a tad tight to me. Prolly just out of the shop (noted bogies replaced), still breaking in. PaulE
Hi Paul, will have to say that then.

The droopier the better! Cheers, Rick H.
Rick, I tend to agree, I'm going to put another 2 links in so you can see .
John .

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
JR. Next time she gaffs you about being tidy on the bench, you might ask her if she ever made an omelet without breaking the egg out of the shell.lol. Rick H.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Stevie, You need help Bro!!!...……..Or a maid…………….

Love the Rembrandt art work on the wall too!!!!!!

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Sorry John,

The kids were at it again!!! The Friuls look tops and it is tough to get the right sag in them unless you can adjust the idler wheel or the sprocket in the rear. If the T-34 is running over the sIG, then the two extra links would work as you can work them up between the road wheels on the bottom with debris and sIG parts under them.

Don't worry about the bench Dude 2, as you are so lucky to have one. Christine is also very forgiving with you and your ways. (I hope) If not, then living in the cave will be a new experience for you, huh?

Prost
Dude 1